Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Record-breaking rains

boy that is fass kine reportage..
    they tell us "Sunday's Tahitian Pearl Tasting Trunk Show scheduled for 5 p.m. has also been canceled.;"
    which dissapoints me. i was so looking forward to seeing what a pearl in a trunk would taste like.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      stop calling me jest!
      No, silly, he's calling you Shirley!

I had to come into town today and was a bit reluctant, esp. when the Makaha area was experiencing power hiccups. Fortunately, it was a light rain all the way in. Within 5 minutes of unloading my car, all h3ll broke loose! I was on the phone with an associate in Chinatown and we were both stunned by how dark it got. So much for my afternoon appointments in Hawaii Kai. Jus' too darned dangerous. Sorry, Lavagal!

Jeez...Kahala Mall got nailed. I've never heard of that happening before.

Stay safe everyone. Auntie...stay dry!

Comment

Thanks for checking in, Tutu. I was getting a little worried about you, since we hadn't heard from ya.
        And miracle of miracles, the sun is actually out here on the windward side now!
        Fortunately it happened late enough so that I still get to pester the Weakly and Tiny, as necessary.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Man. This is like living in the Twilight Zone.

My shoes, socks, pants and jacket are still soaked. But outside downtown, the skies are blue and the sun is shining bright. Three hours ago, I was about ready to start building an Ark.

I couldn't resist running out and taking photos from the exact same spots I did for this post at 12:43.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            boy that is fass kine reportage..
            they tell us "Sunday's Tahitian Pearl Tasting Trunk Show scheduled for 5 p.m. has also been canceled.;"
            which dissapoints me. i was so looking forward to seeing what a pearl in a trunk would taste like.
            Ooooooh...now I get it! All along I thought the pearl was gonna taste the trunk. Was looking forward to seeing said pearl's pearly whites!

Ok...ok...I'll go back out in the rain when it hits again...

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              Thanks for checking in, Tutu. I was getting a little worried about you, since we hadn't heard from ya.[...]
              Ah shucks, thanks...<sniff!>

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                Dear God,
                If you'll please make this rain stop, I promise to stop picking on the Honolulu Weakly, and on Tiny, too.

Oops.
                Did I say that out loud?
                Looks like someone is gonna stop picking on the weakly!!!

Next time you make a prayer like that... Pray that Manoasurfer wins a Million Bucks
                and I'll split it with you!

Damn...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Man. This is like living in the Twilight Zone.

My shoes, socks, pants and jacket are still soaked. But outside downtown, the skies are blue and the sun is shining bright. Three hours ago, I was about ready to start building an Ark.
                  I see people out jogging around the Ala Wai Park like nothing happened... and earlier it was overflowing onto the Mauka Side of the canal...

Drove through the Kapiolani/Kalakaua intersection at about 1:40 and the water was over peoples car windows by Rockza and they were still trying to drive through!

Ala Moana I heard had water on all 4 floors on the structure but when I went by... it wasn't looking to bad...

Just saw on the news some actual footage of the Kahala Mall getting evacuated.
                  Last edited by damontucker; March 31, 2006, 02:52 PM. Reason: Spelling and clarification

Comment

Just saw some news coverage on KITV...Manoa, Kahala Mall, Kalakaua, etc., etc., etc..UNBELIEVABLE! This is the only time I wish I had a picture in picture tv. The 5:00 news, all channels, should be very interesting.

Comment

Any word from Manoa on the stream there? Hope it's not like the flood at UH the other year.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        Any word from Manoa on the stream there? Hope it's not like the flood at UH the other year.
                        They showed some pretty dramatic footage but no comparison was drawn to the other storm.

It appears the rain water came down the escalators at Kahala Mall. Knowing that the restrooms (by WaldenBooks) are at basement level, I sure hope no one was injured...or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          the water was over peoples car windows by Rockza and they were still trying to drive through!
                          Gee, I didn't know that Rockza even had a drive through!

Might be an interesting marketing plan, however. Hmmmm...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

some o doze wahine, so worn out, you can drive through.

ug.

Comment

This thread...
                              Morphing, at it's finest!

Comment

you need morphine to deal with those RockZa wahine, yea. i agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X