Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I got problems!!!

Sept. 9th update:

sorry, I didn't want to keep giving negative progress reports everytime I posted here. Monday morning I return to see Dr. Pien for what I know will be my last visit concerning this infection. It's all but gone now! Infected pukas are now the size of pinholes! My ankle looks pretty knarly, I guess my career as a foot Model is all but over! But at least I have both legs!
    The turning points was when Dr. Pien decided to put me on Furosemide 40 MG those pills made my celulitis in left foot go away almost immeadiately!
    Plus one day the NA cleaning wound put some cream on...I think she said it was called Silverdine[?],or something like that. Anyway, skin seemed to really enjoy it.

As for the infection[s]. My wounds were like a ''revolving door'. They were all Marine Bacterial infections. I didn't want to ask Dr. Pien if they were from fecal matter...I'll let my imagination run with that. But it appeared no "Staph" was in last culture.

I'd like to take this time and thank you all who supported me during my illness. Your messages were all uplifting!

mahalo,

Beachboy

ps, I think Dr. Pien will give me the okay to return to work when he sees my leg Tuesday...that's how good it looks!

Comment

Welcome back Beachboy! I am soooo glad everything came out A-OK! Chicken skin! I can't wait to meet you in person to give you a big Honi Honi!

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; September 9, 2006, 11:12 AM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy
        Sept. 9th update:

sorry, I didn't want to keep giving negative progress reports everytime I posted here. Monday morning I return to see Dr. Pien for what I know will be my last visit concerning this infection. It's all but gone now! Infected pukas are now the size of pinholes! My ankle looks pretty knarly, I guess my career as a foot Model is all but over! But at least I have both legs!
        The turning points was when Dr. Pien decided to put me on Furosemide 40 MG those pills made my celulitis in left foot go away almost immeadiately!
        Plus one day the NA cleaning wound put some cream on...I think she said it was called Silverdine[?],or something like that. Anyway, skin seemed to really enjoy it.

As for the infection[s]. My wounds were like a ''revolving door'. They were all Marine Bacterial infections. I didn't want to ask Dr. Pien if they were from fecal matter...I'll let my imagination run with that. But it appeared no "Staph" was in last culture.

I'd like to take this time and thank you all who supported me during my illness. Your messages were all uplifting!

mahalo,

Beachboy

ps, I think Dr. Pien will give me the okay to return to work when he sees my leg Tuesday...that's how good it looks!
        Wonderful! So good to hear that all is going well and you are still bipedal!

Hugs, high-fives, and cheers all around!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy
          Sept. 9th update:

mahalo,

Beachboy

Aloha Beach Boy;
          RN hear, getting ready for another 12 hour night shift. I missed the first part of your thread, but glad to see that you got the wound cultured. One cannot assume that an infection IS Staff, until it is cultured. With all the "brown trout" now going into the ocean, it is more likely to be an e-Coli infection, but the culture results should tell the "real" story.
          Your ointment sounds like what we call here, flamazine. . . . Very good, but expensive anti bacterial ointment. Careful with the fursomide (Lasix). It will deplete your Potassium levels. Good to eat an extra bananna each day when on Furosimide. It makes you "pee" lots.
          Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Malama Pono,

Claudia

Comment

Originally posted by ojosverdesdegato
            Aloha Beach Boy;
            RN hear, getting ready for another 12 hour night shift. I missed the first part of your thread, but glad to see that you got the wound cultured. One cannot assume that an infection IS Staff, until it is cultured. With all the "brown trout" now going into the ocean, it is more likely to be an e-Coli infection, but the culture results should tell the "real" story.
            Your ointment sounds like what we call here, flamazine. . . . Very good, but expensive anti bacterial ointment. Careful with the fursomide (Lasix). It will deplete your Potassium levels. Good to eat an extra bananna each day when on Furosimide. It makes you "pee" lots.

Malama Pono,

Claudia
            Our unit had a Staff infection once. Everyone got it.

Oh, nevermind....

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
              Our unit had a Staff infection once. Everyone got it.

Oh, nevermind....

Been there, done that!

I know what it is like. . .

Malama Pono,

Claudia

Comment

Been there, done that!

I know what it is like. . .

Malama Pono,

Claudia
                Oh, nevermind....

Comment

Aloha Beach Boy;
                  Careful with the fursomide (Lasix). It will deplete your Potassium levels. Good to eat an extra bananna each day when on Furosimide. It makes you "pee" lots.

Malama Pono,

Claudia
                  I'm on top of it, thank you! Or should I say Dr. Pien is on top of it? With the Fursomide he also gave a script for Potassium too!

Looking at my foot/ankle, it appears to be looking rather nice except for one area just above that big bone below the inside of ankle. there appears to be a circle, and it's darker in color. I press down on it half expecting it to burst! It looks like fluids are under it. It seems kinda puffy & tender most of the time too. I wonder if my skin healed over an infection that wasn't ready for that yet? Well, it's a good thing I see Dr. Pien tomorrow. At that time I will bring it to his attention.

I just removed sterile Gauze from ankle. One of the holes appears larger today! Yikes!!! I hope it's due to my cleaning yesterday. Yesterday I noticed a bit of dried pus in one of my pukas, so after my shower, I used a sterile gauze to try and clean out all of that stuff...in the proccess I took away some new skin!!

Comment

Working...
                  X