Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Show me yours, I'll show you mine...

This is my nearly 5 year old Canon D300 "Digital Rebel" SLR camera that I bought in 2003. I use it to take a lot of photos including those seen here. I have 3 lenses for this, 18-55 Canon EF zoom that came with the camera, 28-105 Canon zoom (attached) and a Canon 70-300 IS zoom. Also have the flash and a bunch of smaller gizmos associated with this. Thinking about upgrading to another Canon DSLR in the near future.

I bought this new camera a few days ago using some of my Christmas cash that I stashed and a gift card that I got and saved for when this model went on sale. I wanted a compact that had nearly the same features as my Canon 300D. Hopefully this will be a good travel around camera without having to put up with all the bulk and stuff that I usually bring with the other one. Has a nice zoom lens that goes up to 12x (360mm I believe). Multi-mode including black & white and movies.

I bought this tiny Sony camera in 2004 for a song at a close-out sale in Honolulu. It's small, fixed focus, 2 megapixel gizmo with a tiny built in flash, sliding lens cover, color LCD screen, and can shoot stills as well as tiny and useless 10 second videos. I've shot many photographs with this camera, several in places where photography is discouraged or not allowed.

I have photos of a few more cameras in my collection at this link. Will be adding more photos to that as I get around to them.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Nice rigs, Mel.

I need to get some shots of my stuff and I will get them up.

meanwhile, here are a few form back on the Mainland...NOTHING near the beauty of living on the islands, but it is forcing me to get more creative...

flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          meanwhile, here are a few from back on the Mainland...NOTHING near the beauty of living on the islands, but it is forcing me to get more creative.
          Great! I was looking forward to seeing more from you, and they're beautiful. Especially loved the shot of the fountain.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Nice camera gear, Mel. Great range of lenses for that Canon.

Tattrat, great photos! Is that one a Firefly?

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
              NOTHING near the beauty of living on the islands, but it is forcing me to get more creative...
              I love the shot of the water droplet and the Lincoln Memorial. It is one of the best shots I've seen of the famous landmark.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                Your pictures brought back memories of our trip. In fact, look like we took by the same area.

Auntie Lynn
                Attached Files
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  Your pictures brought back memories of our trip. In fact, look like we took by the same area.

Auntie Lynn
                  Dang, that's gotta be exactly the same area! You're photo is framed a little bit more to the right, Auntie, but, possibly, Kaukura zoomed in a bit. Where were those photos taken? Hmmm...I remember you went to the BI.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Dang, that's gotta be exactly the same area! You're photo is framed a little bit more to the right, Auntie, but, possibly, Kaukura zoomed in a bit. Where were those photos taken? Hmmm...I remember you went to the BI.
                    heheheh

It's Lapahoehoe Point. There's a picture on this Web Site that looks like Kakura's and mine's too.
                    http://www.hawaiiweb.com/Hawaii/html..._overlook.html

Same area das why.

My BI pictures can be found on my Blog here:
                    http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/ind...show=0,09,2007

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Hmmm...I remember you went to the BI.
                      Interesting there are similar pictures on 1st Wahines website. But that is not so unusual as that route taken has several 'must capture' vistas. I hope there is no insinuation that I lifted those photos from someone ... I assure you I went to Hilo last week and took them on the "4 mile drive". That is where the area is located and called. There are marked roads with that designation. I think when you drive that route, there are key areas where you 'should' take a picture as the shot is framed perfectly through the bushes and trees
                      n'importe

Comment

Oh! Dear Kakura! We believe you!! Your pictures are wonderful and beautifully taken. I was amazed at the area it was taken and you correctly stated why.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Thanks for the kind word...

I have many that didn't come out. As you may rememer, that is a winding road and there is sometimes a car behind you that thinks you are going too slow. Some pix I had the camera held out the passenger side window trying to take them, like that winding road shot with the boulders..
                          n'importe

Comment

Here's mine...

and my other gear took these pics.. my iPhone!
                            website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                            blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                              [...] I hope there is no insinuation that I lifted those photos from someone [...]
                              Oh, not at all. I found it interesting that HT is but an extremely small corner of the internet and here were 2 members who took almost the exact, same shot. Pretty cool, in my opinion!

Comment

Nikon D80; Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 G ED VR; Tokina AT-X Pro SD 12-24 F4 (IF) DX

Canon PowerShot A710 IS; Canon WP-DC6 Underwater Housing. This is what I've taken the underwater shots with. I've only had a few opportunities to use it so far, but it works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                                X