Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    [...]Tutusue is highly bummed out about that, and for good reason. Look at how this "thing" dwarfs the view. Even more amazing is how they were able to put such a high-rise in such a narrow parcel of land.[...]
    I'm most bummed about the loss of the Tahitian Lanai and it's old home, the Waikikian. But I agree, Pomai, that high rise is too big for the land. Yikes! Fortunately, it doesn't impact my (mauka/ewa) view and only very minimally impacts my daughter's view. Still...the Waikikian shoulda been protected even tho' in this day and age it wasn't the best use for that very valuable piece of real estate. During the planning stages the powers that be never bothered to ask for my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
      Brian, that's an outrageous shot! Is that the Alamo? That'd make a great Giclee' print on stretched canvas.
      Thanks Jim!!!!

Yep that's the infamous Alamo
      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Beautiful photos all. I especially like Pomai's flower shots, the high rise (industrial photography is cool I think) construction, and the enhanced shot of the Alamo in San Antonio Texas. That is probably the best shot I ever saw of the famous Alamo.

Here are a few things I recently shot.

Colorful dumpsters near Kakaako Waterfront Park. Canon S5 IS

I was surprised to learn that Sharper Image is closing this store. Sony Cybershot U30.

Ala Moana Shopping Center Food Court. Sony Cybershot U30.

More photos at my Flickr Site.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Thanks for the comps, Mel. I'm still making due with my Canon point-n-shooter, but can't match the level you, Brian and Jim are at.

Speaking of level, Saturday broke that $4.00 price point at the pumps. This was at the Aloha gas station on Kalakaua avenue in Waikiki this past Saturday evening....

Aloha Gas Station in Waikiki, 5.31.08.

"Aloha"? "Quality Gasoline"? There's no "Aloha" in that price! It should be more like "Auwe! Overpriced Gasoline". lol

What was noticeable were the mainland tourists who were walking past here were ALL pointing at the sign and making comments about it.

And here at the Seven Eleven on Kapahulu yesterday...

And that doesn't even include a free Slurpee! What's up wit' dat? lol

Notice Rainbow Drive In and Diamond Head in the background. So take your choice... a mini plate lunch or a gallon of gas.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I would welcome a decrease to $4.00 per gallon in my area

Comment

[...]
              What was noticeable were the mainland tourists who were walking past here were ALL pointing at the sign and making comments about it. [...]
              Wait 'til they get home and take a look at their home town's signs! I'd like to have pictures of that!

Comment

Speaking of level, Saturday broke that $4.00 price point at the pumps. --- What was noticeable were the mainland tourists who were walking past here were ALL pointing at the sign and making comments about it.
                They must not have been from the Seattle area - our gas went over $4/gallon about a month ago. I saw a station yesterday that had diesel at $4.99/gallon. Dare I say it: Lucky you live...

Comment

I attended the latter half of Waikiki by Moonlight last night, and caught the tail end of the Kalapana performance. It was AWWWWESOMMMMME!
                  Great shots of the concert, Pomai. Looks like a good time.

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  Ala Moana Shopping Center Food Court. Sony Cybershot U30.
                  Cool shot of the food court, Mel. Gotta love that green ceiling light.

This was at the Aloha gas station on Kalakaua avenue in Waikiki this past Saturday evening....
                  This Aloha gas sign is really a striking image with the dark blue sky and the silhouettes.

Comment

1. Hanalei Bay, Kauai 2. Ilikai Marina from the 14th floor of the Ilikai Marina Condos, Honolulu, Oahu 3. School - just north of Wainae, Oahu

Last edited by Jim75; June 2, 2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the comps, Mel. I'm still making due with my Canon point-n-shooter, but can't match the level you, Brian and Jim are at.
                      thanks for the kind words Pomai. I appreciate your pics as well. I find now that i get paid to use a camera i'm more and more not shooting random daily stuff cause it starts to feel like work

i need to shoot more random stuff.
                      website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                      blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                        2. Ilikai Marina from the 14th floor of the Ilikai Marina Condos, Honolulu, Oahu

This is just a wonderful shot. Love it!
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          This is just a wonderful shot. Love it!
                          Thanks Mel. I took it in color, but couldn't get the color balance to look right so I switched it to grey scale.

1. Overlook onto Taro fields at Hanalei, Kauai. This is the photo everyone takes, but it really is a beautiful spot. 2. Kalalau Valley, Kauai. Another famous photo op. 3. Dolphin - Leeward Coast, Kauai

Comment

Jim75: Thank for posting, those photos are absolutely beautiful!

Comment

A closer view of the Hilton Grand Waikikian, this time shot through my windshield (good thing it was clean!) while sitting in traffic on Ala Moana Blvd.....

Notice that foam-based facade (the brown/tan colored panels) they're applying over the concrete walls at the base of the tower. The whole tower is covered with the stuff.
                              Wow, I watched that go up from my old place at Disco Bay, still growing! I imagine what view I had might be gone

great shots all, I need to start sharing again...
                              flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                              God

Comment

You guys are SO lucky to have nice things to take pictures of!! I got bored with my local landscape and have to make things to take pictures of. I cleaned up this one in photoshop a little. Taken in my kitchen sink

WONDERFUL pictures everyone!! I can't wait to get my DSLR to Hawaii for the first time. I aim to fill my memory card/s!
                                -kp!

Comment

Working...
                                X