X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don Imus, the racist?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    I take it that you're a democrat?
    mr. watanabe, you can take it that when murdoch declares that his news organization tried to influence opinion on the iraq war, i will take him at his word and be convinced that faux's declaration that it is "fair and unbiased" should read "fairly unbalanced."

superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Aaaah...the power of advertising!
      Money manipulates media. Anyone who doesn't recognize that is hiding from reality.

I only trust HawaiiThreads for my news now.

Comment

Re: Don Imus, the racist? NO, I think you are!

I think what Imus said is nothing compared to what everyone else in the world says everyday. Behind closed doors I bet the polits say all kinds of racist remarks you never want to hear. Even people who say they aren't racist is probably the worst ones. The world is full of closet racists.

anyway all I say is Who cares? I don't. America is getting weaker by the day.

What ever happen to:
        Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me?

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

Comment

Imus' remarks were stupid but they were more sexist than they were racist, IMO. Regardless, that is some harsh punishment for a bad choice of words.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
            Regardless, that is some harsh punishment for a bad choice of words.
            Two weeks' off and a boatload of publicity; yeah, pretty harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Two weeks' off and a boatload of publicity; yeah, pretty harsh.
              I thought his show was pulled?

Comment

Sticks and Stones has been replaced by Political Correctness. It is a weird irony that libs would tell you that conservatives are like fascists. The reality is that the notion of Political Correctness is primarily a lib cause celebre, akin to the Thought Police, or ThoughtCrime, ala Orwell. But don't try that argument on a card carrying Bush Hater. You will never drive a point home using logic and reason when big dogmas protect weak minds.

And yet, the words nappy and ho can be found in many different rap songs, on the streets of any major city, and even in sitcoms, stand-up comedy, and many other venues, which goes to show that the double standard is the preferred methodology of those who would embrace Political Correctness, and all the evils associated with "ThoughtCrime".

Some people can use some words that other people cannot use. Orwell would be stunned to find that his premonition is being played out today in the form of liberal politics, while those same folks rant endlessly about the facism of the conservative side.

Those are not my footprints. Now give me back my shoes.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                  Sticks and Stones has been replaced by Political Correctness. It is a weird irony that libs would tell you that conservatives are like fascists. The reality is that the notion of Political Correctness is primarily a lib cause celebre, akin to the Thought Police, or ThoughtCrime, ala Orwell. But don't try that argument on a card carrying Bush Hater. You will never drive a point home using logic and reason when big dogmas protect weak minds.

And yet, the words nappy and ho can be found in many different rap songs, on the streets of any major city, and even in sitcoms, stand-up comedy, and many other venues, which goes to show that the double standard is the preferred methodology of those who would embrace Political Correctness, and all the evils associated with "ThoughtCrime".

Some people can use some words that other people cannot use. Orwell would be stunned to find that his premonition is being played out today in the form of liberal politics, while those same folks rant endlessly about the facism of the conservative side.

Those are not my footprints. Now give me back my shoes.
                  Interesting points, Tim. Some people believe political correctness is a type of cultural Marxism.

My mom would say, "if you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything."

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                    I thought his show was pulled?
                    Just the wee-morning-hour cable-TV simulcast of his radio show. The radio show gig continues after his two-week suspension (anyone know if he's getting paid during those two weeks?), and it's the long-running radio show that makes him his money.

Answering my own question, here from the NY Times:
                    CBS Radio said late yesterday afternoon that Mr. Imus, who earns an estimated $10 million annually, will not be paid during his suspension.
                    Last edited by Leo Lakio; April 12, 2007, 09:58 AM. Reason: Found the answer

Comment

What does the word "Interesting" mean when used in the context of Miulang's last post?
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Just the wee-morning-hour cable-TV simulcast of his radio show. The radio show gig continues after his two-week suspension (anyone know if he's getting paid during those two weeks?), and it's the long-running radio show that makes him his money.
                        He's taking an unpaid hiatus from CBS beginning next Monday, even as he was on air today raising money in his 18th annual radiothon to aid some charities.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          What does the word "Interesting" mean when used in the context of Miulang's last post?
                          Why it is OK for members of one group to be able to use perjoratives when describing their own kind, but it's not OK for members of other groups to do the same and be able to get away with it, for one thing.

Miulang

Comment

Re: Don Imus, the racist? NO, I think you are!

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
                            [...]GET A GRIP PEOPLE!
                            Heh. Without the Imus fiasco we'd still be talking about Anna Nicole Smith! Thanks for the much needed break, Don!

Comment

It's official: Imus has also been booted off CBS radio, effective immediately. I see a future for him at Sirius...

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                                I see a future for him at Sirius...
                                While they are still seeking approval for their pending merger with XM, it's unlikely either satellite-radio network will take the risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X