U2's Vertigo Tour Ending in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2's Vertigo Tour Ending in Hawaii?

Got 2 tickets in FF section and 2 in GA.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-U2-Tickets-Alo...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

The GA tickets sold out in like, 10 minutes, but seats in the nosebleeds were still available well into the evening.

Comment

Am I reading this right some people are selling tickets for one CENT on Ebay for 2 tickets to the concert?

Why?? Is this legit??

I might just go look in the newspaper and call someone up and buy tickets that way.

Kalihiboy

Comment

before you go to ebay... it seems some tickets were either added (it happens) or the totally SOLD OUT reports were premature. Including the one by yours truly. bottom line: www.Ticketmaster.com may still have some...

and ya never know, sometimes even more are released right before the show... for example, promoter 'holds' that are not needed after all, so might as well make them available.

anyway, better get back to work.

aloha
            808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
              Am I reading this right some people are selling tickets for one CENT on Ebay for 2 tickets to the concert?

Why?? Is this legit??

I might just go look in the newspaper and call someone up and buy tickets that way.

Kalihiboy
              Don't know if you're familiar with eBay but it's an auction site so one cent is probably just a starting bid and not the actual selling price.
              Last edited by na alii; January 15, 2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

WooooooooooooooooH@!!!!!!

I'm fired up tonight! Booooyahakasha!

U2 did not sell out until 10pm (not 10am) on the day that tickets went on sale. . . . . .

I will say that I love U2. They rock. Not quite as much now as they used to, but they still can kick some arse.

I have bad news for the ladies, and good news for the dudes. Bono is short. Not only is he short, but he is hairy. And close up, he looks an awful lot like Robin Williams. So all short, hairy dudes who can pass for Robin Williams, unite. And tell the lovely ladies that you will follow!

Comment

I'm quite familiar with Ebay its just that a one cent starting bid is rather odd to me and doesnt sound very legit. I notice some people arent even bidding on the item.

Is there ticket brokers out there in Honolulu? I know when I was in Los Angeles visting and I wanted to go to Lakers games at the old LA Forum I would just look in the paper to see who was selling tickets and go to the actual ticket shop and buy the tickets. It was as simple as that.

KalihiBoy

Comment

The Advertiser reports that U2 may add a second show:

"We're very optimistic," Aloha Stadium Authority spokesman Patrick Leonard said yesterday of a second concert date. An announcement of a second concert, possibly on April 9, could come as early as tomorrow, he said.
                    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...601160340/1001

Yay, I got my GA tickets on Saturday!

I've never seen them before, but all my life I've heard from people that they put on the best show ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                      I'm quite familiar with Ebay its just that a one cent starting bid is rather odd to me and doesnt sound very legit. I notice some people arent even bidding on the item.

Is there ticket brokers out there in Honolulu? I know when I was in Los Angeles visting and I wanted to go to Lakers games at the old LA Forum I would just look in the paper to see who was selling tickets and go to the actual ticket shop and buy the tickets. It was as simple as that.

KalihiBoy
                      Because TicketMasters is online anybody from anywhere can buy tickets for any event at any location. I suspect many speculators from out of state buying tickets and then re-selling on eBay. I bought my tickets from TicketMasters with the convenience of doing it from my computer rather than camping out at the stadium. The fees are a small price to pay for the convenience.

Comment

>>>I bought my tickets from TicketMasters with the convenience of doing it from my computer rather than camping out at the stadium. The fees are a small price to pay for the convenience.
                        <<<

Totally. My theory is that you actually have a better chance getting the tix you want on the computer at home, than at the box office. Considering GA sold out in minutes, if you aren't first in line at the box office, the chance of you getting what you want there is pretty slim.

I'll be parked with four computers again when when the tix for the second show go on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by dick
                          >>>I bought my tickets from TicketMasters with the convenience of doing it from my computer rather than camping out at the stadium. The fees are a small price to pay for the convenience.
                          <<<

Totally. My theory is that you actually have a better chance getting the tix you want on the computer at home, than at the box office. Considering GA sold out in minutes, if you aren't first in line at the box office, the chance of you getting what you want there is pretty slim.

I'll be parked with four computers again when when the tix for the second show go on sale.
                          You are absolutely right. I had to wait 4 minutes for the GA tickets online but it's much quicker than waiting in line. If you waitied in line at the box office say 20 minutes before you get to the window, then you're out of luck because the GA tickets sold out in 10 minutes.

Comment

can just see da red mark comin over the hill, but gotta say it anyway;
                            am I the only one who sez, when they hear U2: "every single song... sounds the same!" ????

Comment

>>>am I the only one who sez, when they hear U2: "every single song... sounds the same!" ????
                              <<<

No you're not.

And, no they don't.

Perhaps you'd care to elaborate on and discuss the similarities of "Stories for Boys" and "Mofo?" Or perhaps "Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl" and "The First Time (Soundtrack Version)?"
                              Last edited by dick; January 18, 2006, 12:53 AM.

Comment

it's a matter of taste. the material dun speak to me. At first glance, it sounds all the same; tho the Edge is regarded as one of the top what.... 20 guitarists around, it sounds as tho he is repeating his riffs. and they don't seem to alter or deviate from a few mid level chords.
                                Bono's breathless singing, his posturing and overly political, cause oriented songs... the whole shootin match appears pretentious and self concious. Each song appears to be an echo of the last, with some changes.
                                But, at second, glance, well, it still leaves me cold. that's ok, tho. if EVERYone liked them as many do, yer tix prices would be thru the roof... even more.

Comment

Working...
                                X