U2's Vertigo Tour Ending in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2's Vertigo Tour Ending in Hawaii?

Just bought my tickets from Ticket master. Thought I give it another shot tonight after the last couple of nights they didn't have any good seats left. Well for some reason tonight they had seats all over the place. Every price range and on every level. I was able to get two Tickets in CC Blue. So if there is anyone out there still wanting seats go to Ticketmaster

Comment

Fascinating. Just playing around this morning, tickets in red and blue popped up in just a few tries, some near center and some wide. Guess some holds are being released.

Comment

yeah im another u2 dissenter. they're pretty much the biggest band in the world for old people b/c the old folks think that young people like them.

but its probably going to be a great show for the hipster who aged. and the people who aged and now want to be hip.

Comment

Originally posted by murmurs
          but its probably going to be a great show for the hipster who aged. and the people who aged and now want to be hip.
          Hmmm...I've liked them since I was around five years old. That was in the 80s. Does that make me the hipster that aged? Or am I considered someone who is aged but now wants to be hip? Or does that mean I was a hipster at age five who didn't know she was a hipster yet? What do you define as aged? I've always considered myself a nerd. Can there nerdy hipsters? Or am I a nerdy aged person who wants to be hip at the ripe ol' venerable age of 26? Sigh...gee, thanks. Now I'm questioning issues of mortality first thing in the morning and feel old.

This aging hipster or aged hip-wannabe U2 fan needs to go for her walk now before she's too old to move and needs a cane. You never know how much more I'll age before work later this morning, right? Maybe I'd better stock up on some pain meds while on my walk so that I remember before the Alzheimer's sets in and it's too late. That's the hipster thing to do, isn't it?
          Last edited by AbsolutChaos; January 23, 2006, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Is there gonna be a second concert? Someone told me that 2nd show tix go on sale next month? Or is it still a maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
              Is there gonna be a second concert? Someone told me that 2nd show tix go on sale next month? Or is it still a maybe?

http://starbulletin.com/2006/01/28/f...s/story02.html

Comment

Majalo! I dropped the ball when the tix first came out. I need to redeem myself (and my marriage). They/I need to have a second concert!

Comment

I was livin large in High School when U2 was GIGANTIC in the 80's....The War Album was it....and in college they just kept pumpin out the music and tours....Mysterious Ways....Wild Horses....Pride....Desire...Haven't Found What I'm Lookin For.....and so on

U2 is up there with Beatles, Elvis, Hendrix, Stones, Eagles, Doobie Bros, Who, Prince, Stevie Wonder, etc etc....I would say that U2 is easily in the top 20 of all time.

My daughter is almost 5. U2 is gettin old. I could have seen the Beatles or Elvis or Hendrix if my parents would have taken me. So I am takin my daughter to U2 because of the historical reasons. She already seen the Wailers (as in Bob Marley), and some of those dudes looked real old.

Music is one of the timekeepers on human society by which we measure and compare the passing of the generations. Joplin, Vaughn, Gillespie, Coltrane, Hooker, ..... Sinatra, Crosby, Martin, Mathis,.....Valens, Lewis, King,....Beatles, Elvis, Stones.....Eagles, Doobies, Black Sabbath....Cars, Talking Heads, U2, Madonna,.....Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill,....Snoop, Dre, Eminem,....it wont ever stop...and every generation will think what's ahead of them is noise, whats behind them is old fashioned, and what they like and listen to is the greatest music ever.

Lucky for me, I love all music.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                    I was livin large in High School when U2 was GIGANTIC in the 80's....The War Album was it....and in college they just kept pumpin out the music and tours....Mysterious Ways....Wild Horses....Pride....Desire...Haven't Found What I'm Lookin For.....and so on

U2 is up there with Beatles, Elvis, Hendrix, Stones, Eagles, Doobie Bros, Who, Prince, Stevie Wonder, etc etc....I would say that U2 is easily in the top 20 of all time.

My daughter is almost 5. U2 is gettin old. I could have seen the Beatles or Elvis or Hendrix if my parents would have taken me. So I am takin my daughter to U2 because of the historical reasons. She already seen the Wailers (as in Bob Marley), and some of those dudes looked real old.

Music is one of the timekeepers on human society by which we measure and compare the passing of the generations. Joplin, Vaughn, Gillespie, Coltrane, Hooker, ..... Sinatra, Crosby, Martin, Mathis,.....Valens, Lewis, King,....Beatles, Elvis, Stones.....Eagles, Doobies, Black Sabbath....Cars, Talking Heads, U2, Madonna,.....Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Sugar Hill,....Snoop, Dre, Eminem,....it wont ever stop...and every generation will think what's ahead of them is noise, whats behind them is old fashioned, and what they like and listen to is the greatest music ever.

Lucky for me, I love all music.
                    Recently I seen a lot of parents bringing their kids to the concerts. I think it's good exposure for the kids of today to appreciate good music of yesterday.

Comment

...boy I am gettin old, if U2 is now considered "good music of yesterday."

Comment

And file this under the rumor that never ends ... another report that a second show will be announced next week, so sez our pals at KGMB news at 5

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

My friend was telling me that the "young 'uns" consider 80s music to be in the "oldies" category. I always wondered when that would happen! I recall thinking that 70s music was RIGHT to be in the "oldies" category when I was living in the late 80s/early 90s, but I'm having a difficult time wrapping my mind around the fact that the 80s were really 20 + years ago--woo hoo, I like da "oldies!"

I'm wondering now how old U2 is gonna look on stage...yes, I remember the warning about Bono being hairy too, btw...can't recall who posted that but it has stuck with me.

Comment

was watching an OLD vh1 classics video the other nite. one of U2's first hits.
                            the sunday bloddy sunday song.

and bono looks like his son. and 'the edge" had his edge; he had hair. didn't haveta whear that damned beanie alla time.
                            jeez they were teens then.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              I hate to admit I'm getting old too but U2 has been around for over 25 years.

Comment

You might be right about aging hipsters, but you couldn't be more incorrect about it being because we think young people like them.

It's okay. You are probably young. You can be forgiven.

It is one thing to give the music an honest listen and dislike it (as with Kimo55), but another thing entirely to assume that there is something wrong with those who do.

You don't get it, and that's okay. You can be forgiven.

I will never. Ever. Forget when, on Monday, May 30, 1983 (I was fourteen), U2 played the US Festival. The band (as did others) simply rocked. During the extended jam on "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (a song protesting the revolution in Northern Ireland), Bono took the band's then-trademark white flag and climbed the scaffolding at the side of the stage. He must have gone up forty feet.

That was the day I got it. This is what rock and roll is supposed to be. I am too young to have heard Barry McGuire's "Eve of Destruction" when it was new, or Bob Dylan's "The Times They Are A-Changing" when it was new, but for a fourteen-year-old in 1983, "Sunday Bloody Sunday" was a song like that.

I know I am not the only one who reacted to this song (and others by the same band) this way. It was the idea that a rock song could try to move the world that did it for me. Rock and roll has always been about sex, but it is also about rebellion, and U2's rebelling against the rebellion is one of the most rebellious things EVER.

As you can see, there are people my age who have had meaningful experiences with U2 and its music. You are free to dislike the music any way you wish, but to accuse us "aging hipsters" of bandwagon-jumping is only ignorant.

---

Edited to add:
                                Another thing to remember about U2's performance that night was that it was followed immedately by Missing Persons and Dale Bozzio's plexiglass bra. Holy moly.

Also, the US Festivals were sponsored by Steve Wozniak. How cool is that?
                                Last edited by scrivener; February 8, 2006, 10:05 PM. Reason: "and it's true we are immune..."
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X