Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iTunes Music Store Free Downloads

go figure... my wife only lurks HT...

First thread she went to last time she was here ... was this one...

Me and her are so opposite some times... that's the beauty of opposites attract I guess.

I'd like to nominate my wife for the music ingester award.... I think she has over 20,000 + songs..... Or is this just minor?

Me I'm happy enough with my simple winamp and what ever I like...

I can't understand the concept of ingesting everything and anything because you can....even though you will never listen to it....

I dunno... another losing battle with my wife I guess

Comment

Baptized in Dirty Water by Chris Thomas King. Hey, who couldn't use a little more blues in their collection?

Change by Joy Denalane (featuring Lupe Fiasco). A contemporary singer with a classic sound. Great voice. I could live without the rap bits, but overall, pretty good.

The 25-track freebie set from Facebook is "Electronica" this week.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Baptized in Dirty Water by Chris Thomas King. Hey, who couldn't use a little more blues in their collection?

Change by Joy Denalane (featuring Lupe Fiasco). A contemporary singer with a classic sound. Great voice. I could live without the rap bits, but overall, pretty good.

The 25-track freebie set from Facebook is "Electronica" this week.
        I agree with your reviews this week. I guess "rapping" in the middle of a song replaced the sax solo.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

This week's new free download is pretty good... "Los Angeles" by a band called Sugarcult... The alt-rock track is catchy enough for me to add to my current faves playlist. And iPods.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Finally a keeper!
            "Yours To Keep"- The Teddybears(with Neneh Cherry)
            Remember Neneh Cherry from the late 80's to 90's ? Biggest hit was "Buffalo Stance".
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Apparently the Teddybears track is a re-do, and the original (available somewhere on MySpace, but I can't find it) is far superior. YMMV. My wife really likes the iTunes version anyway.

The other freebie this week is In The Dark Pine Wood by Susanne Abbuehl. Another cool jazz track.

Oh, and the latest 25-track freebie set via Facebook was an alt-rock set. Some good stuff. Todd Snider, Pete Yorn, Stereophonics, even Iron Maiden!
              Last edited by pzarquon; September 15, 2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I also like the Teddybears' track. It's on my high rotation playlist and uploaded to my 2 iPods. Here is the link to the Teddybears' myspace site:

http://www.myspace.com/teddybears

And yes, it seems the version on myspace is a slightly different mix or maybe not as "bright" as the one from Apple.

The other song is good to put me to sleep....
                Last edited by mel; September 15, 2006, 08:58 PM.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

"Barely Listening" by Pilot Speed. Canadian pop rock group. Catchy enough, but this track is a little whiny for my taste.

"Jeans & Flip Flops" by John Heffron. Now this is an interesting Discovery Download. A comedy track. Points for trying something new... but let's stick with music, shall we?

This week's 25-song set from Facebook was hip-hop. I didn't even bother looking at the track listing.

Comment

"In the Morning" by Junior Boys, an electronica track. Slow to get going, kind of sparse, not bad, but not likely to become a favorite for me.

"Nothing to Prove" by Niyorah, a reggae track. I just don't have the musical wisdom to properly process this stuff... it all sounds the same to me.

On the TV front, an updated primer for SciFi's "Battlestar Galactica." Called "The Story So Far," it can catch you up on the last two seasons (30 hours of story!) in about 45 minutes.

This week's 25-track Facebook sampler is "Alternative." Not many artists I recognize. Ziggy Marley, Lisa Germano...

Comment

iTunes Music Store Free Downloads

"Pretty Little Thing" by Fink - has a groove to it, but I don't think it'll be a high rotatation track.

"We Share Our Mothers' Health" by The Knife - already filed away under "monotonous"...

Comment

"Can I Get That (Hyphy Remix)," by 408. Beepy hip hop. No thank you.

"Sinfonia for Strings in C," by Vivaldi. I can always use more classical music in my library, and I've always liked Vivaldi.

Sadly, it looks like the weekly 25 freebies from Facebook are no longer being offered.

Comment

Where are the "Discovery" downloads listed? Used to be the freebie and discovery were featured at the bottom left hand corner in addition to some flashy graphic (sometimes) mixed with the pay as you buy releases.

Yep, I totally passed the hip hop selection this week.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                            Beepy hip hop. No thank you.
                            Originally posted by mel View Post
                            Yep, I totally passed the hip hop selection this week.
                            Awwwww... getting a little hyphy never hurt anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                              Where are the "Discovery" downloads listed? Used to be the freebie and discovery were featured at the bottom left hand corner in addition to some flashy graphic (sometimes) mixed with the pay as you buy releases.
                              Ah, good question. The iTunes Store moved some things around and buried other things, so it's a little harder to find the weekly freebies -- they're not on the front page any more, if you have the "Just For You" item box. You can either turn off the "Just For You" box (there's a toggle at the very bottom of the front page), or you can bookmark this page, which specifically shows the available freebies.

Comment

"Sixteen" by Los Super Elegantes - The song is not in English but I still added it to my "currents" playlist. Catchy, brassy pop/rock stuff.

"Jingle Bells" by James Taylor - highly recommend this different jazzy take on the old standard for anyone's Christmas collection. Added to my "holiday" playlist.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X