U2: Ru Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2: Ru Going?

No buses for us, so we're going to be among those clogging up traffic to pack into the parking lot. Wish us luck, we're just about on our way!

Comment

pzarquon ... will you be blogging till show time?
      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Heh. I'm not sure just how strictly enforced the gadgetry restrictions are, but if my phone makes it in, you could see some Twitter updates. Not sure about moblog photos, though.

Leaving now to sit in traffic. Whee!

Comment

No, I'm too old to go to a concert, get home at 1 am or so then get up in a couple hours and go run the marathon. Come to think of it people alot younger than I am said the same thing, guess I am not alone.

Sure wish that U2 would have kept the original concert date, but I hope everyone enjoys the show, Pearl Jam was fantastic!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Ah jeez, I'm not up to U2 or the marathon!!! Friday night with the HT/Walaau gang and a Sunday night dinner is about all this ol' fut can handle...this week-end! Well, that, and my car is down and out 'til it heads for the car doc on Monday. So, it's time to wrap the mo`opuna's Christmas gifts and clean the office. I've started both. Whether I'll finish both is still in question. Should be a fairly quiet night on HT with so many people attending the concert. Any rascals out there ready to online rumble?!

Comment

I wish I was going...

And I'm sure not down to rumble with a tutu that gives cracks!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                I wish I was going...

And I'm sure not down to rumble with a tutu that gives cracks!
                Aaaaaah, Manoa...I only give 'cracks' to those who get totally outta line! Tell ya what, put that adorable Hayden on line and no one, me included, will mess with you!

Comment

We're in! Rocko and the Devils,
                  U2's road crew turned band, just finished. The stage is being set up for Pearl Jam.

We've run into friends we haven't seen in years, one in from L.A. and one in from Geneva! Seems like visitors outnumber locals!

The energy is building, the stadium's filling, what a night!

Hit Twitter and Flickr for periodic updates. If, you know, I'm not busy crowd surfing or something.

Comment

Czar, I am hitting your twitter, just green with envy, and sitting in my room, wishing that I was in HNL right now watching U2!

pax

Comment

Just got home. So awesome. Three encores (or was it more?), with U2 jamming with Green Day's Billy Joe and, of course, Pearl Jam.

So ends show #130, the very last show, of the year-and-a-half long "Vertigo" tour. Absolutely unforgettable, and the best way ever to lose my arena rock concert virginity.

And we saw Jorge Garcia!

I'm going to bed. Mass in seven hours...

Comment

From the what are you thinking department.....most of the seats in front of and behind me were vacated by the time the last encore started...

Comment

Guys next to us flew in from Dallas at 3. Checked into their hotel and got to the Stadium at 7. They are flying out at 9 am. 18 hours in Hawaii. It's their first trip and all they came for was the concert.

This concert must have generated big tourist biz.

The ladies in front of us were from Miami.

FYI parking was great at 4:30 till about 6. I was amazed. There were only 5 cars in our row in 11c for the longest time.
                          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Forgot to mention....outstanding show. Fave moments:

- Guy from the crowd requests "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses", and ends up playing piano on the unrehearsed song with the band.

- Lyrics in "Beautiful Day" change to include Honolulu and Aloha Stadium

- Bono as "Master of the Mash-up" by singing snippets of other songs into their songs, with the Clash's "Rock The Casbah" and "Sgt. Pepper" among the many twists.

- Bono's soaring opera vocals on "Miss Sarajevo"

- Cameo by Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day on "Saints are Coming".

- "Rocking In the Free World" with Pearl Jam....Bono and Eddie Vedder dancing together.

Also loved Pearl Jam's take on "Hawaii '78" early on that I missed at their Blaisdell show last week.

Talk about getting my money's worth for the tickets.
                            Last edited by tvguy; December 10, 2006, 12:31 AM.

Comment

A lot of the concert goers were from the mainland. I sold a pair of floor tickets on to a gal from Kansas City.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X