U2: Ru Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2: Ru Going?

Your photos are GREAT!!! No need to get caught up in the masses at the concert. Can stay on HT, see the photos with iTunes playing U2!!!

Comment

GOOD GRAVY !!!! What a show !! Best sound I've heard at a large rock concert EVER. Vocals were crispy, and not drowned by the other instruments. You could understand every word Bono said.

After PJ, I took my daughter down to the floor, and bulled my way to the fence. My wife got us into the inner sanctum, and I then bulled my way to the rail stage left.

When Vertigo started, my daughter recognized it immediately, and pretty much went ballistic. I did 5000 jump squats with her on my shoulders. When Pride came on, she sang the whole song at the top of her screaming little lungs.

We left right after Mysterious Ways finished. Eva was sound asleep by this time. We walked back to the condo in a mere 15 minutes.

U2 tix: $300 Plane Tix: $200 Condo within walking distance: $250

Watching my 5 yo daughter recognize song after song, and sing along: PRICELESS
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I like the big photos I see in this thread. Very nicely done na alii. Again as someone asked earlier, what kind of camera did you use?
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Na Alii where were your seats ... just trying to gauge how far you were from the stage for those beautiful photos.
          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
            I like the big photos I see in this thread. Very nicely done na alii. Again as someone asked earlier, what kind of camera did you use?
            I used a Sony Cybershot 5 megapixel digital camera. It's already obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
              Na Alii where were your seats ... just trying to gauge how far you were from the stage for those beautiful photos.
              I was sitting in Orange section FF row 27. I originally purchsed these tickets in January for the April 8th show. It was supposed to be in a baseball configuration but the stadium authories changed to a permanent football configuration so that changed my seating assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
                I used a Sony Cybershot 5 megapixel digital camera. It's already obsolete.
                Exactly what model is it? Compact digital cameras become obsolete quite fast.... about 2 years shelf life at retailers before something else takes its place. What is the zooming range of your lens? Just want to get a better idea of what you used to get those really nice pictures.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  Exactly what model is it? Compact digital cameras become obsolete quite fast.... about 2 years shelf life at retailers before something else takes its place. What is the zooming range of your lens? Just want to get a better idea of what you used to get those really nice pictures.
                  It's a DSC-P92. Here's a link to the specs for the camera.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/p92.html

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
                    Another shot for you. BTW, this was straight out from the camera.
                    holy shinto! that's another GREAT shot!!! i'm sure the temptation is to say "what a great camera" but i'm guessing that in your case, it'd be like saying of federer, "wow! that tennis racket he's using is awesome!!!"

please tell me that you set your camera to manual and adjusted the shutter speed, etc.
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                      if you have any that you really like, please provide us with a link to see your shots!

As soon as I finish editing out as many of the backs of audience members' heads, I'll do so.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        ...Oh, by the way, I uploaded a couple of from the stadium, too. Sure, you can't see anything or hear anything, but hey, it's a blurry, noisy piece of the moment, shared almost live.
                        just visited your gallery; nice shots! thanks for posting shots of the concert and the recent reunion.
                        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

In case anyone was interested, this was the setlist:

City of Blinding Lights
                          Vertigo
                          Elevation
                          I Will Follow
                          I Still Haven’t Found What I'm Looking For
                          Beautiful Day
                          Angel of Harlem
                          Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
                          The First Time
                          Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
                          Love and Peace
                          Sunday Bloody Sunday
                          Bullet The Blue Sky
                          Miss Sarajevo
                          Pride (in the Name of Love)
                          Where the Streets Have No Name
                          One

The Fly
                          Mysterious Ways
                          With or Without You

Window in the Skies
                          The Saints are Coming
                          Rockin’ in the Free World
                          All I Want is You

Comment

My favorite man:

Comment

The guy that got pulled from the audience to play "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" on keyboard:

Ah, Bono...

Comment

Pearl Jam blew my mind. I saw them back in the day at Andrew's, and that was a great show. But their set at AS was astonishing. I knew what we'd get with U2, but Pearl Jam proved to me that they are worthy of stadium rock gods status.
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X