Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aerosmith coming to Hawai`i 9/26

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    So wea we going meet? I'll bring PuPu's!

And my P.K.

Auntie Lynn
    Not a bad idea. I seem to recall the Rolling Stones doing a corporate gig at Hilton Waikoloa which allowed them to do the Aloha Stadium Show 10 years ago since the corporate gig was not on the same island or in the same town.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post

I dug up some old ticket stubs I had and an Aerosmith concert in 1983 was only $12.50.
      From $12.50 back in 1983 to $125 in 2007 amazing isn't it? Man I wish I could go to that concert too, I wonder which company Aerosmith is catering to in Honolulu?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        From $12.50 back in 1983 to $125 in 2007 amazing isn't it? Man I wish I could go to that concert too, I wonder which company Aerosmith is catering to in Honolulu?
        Toyota. BTW, I have a bootleg of that 1983 show. It's a great recording from the soundboard, but unfortunately, Steven Tyler was not at his best at that time. His performance of "Dream On" was awful.

Speaking of corporate gigs, a few that I can recall featuring big name artists in the past few years was Matchbox 20 in 2003 at Waikiki Shell for Hewlett-Packard and Sheryl Crow out at Ihilani in 2004 for Astra-Zeneca. Don't know who the client was, but the Eagles played on the Big Island in 2005. Sony has had Donna Summer and Hall & Oates for the Sony Open shindigs. Or so I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
          Toyota. BTW, I have a bootleg of that 1983 show. It's a great recording from the soundboard, but unfortunately, Steven Tyler was not at his best at that time. His performance of "Dream On" was awful.

Speaking of corporate gigs, a few that I can recall featuring big name artists in the past few years was Matchbox 20 in 2003 at Waikiki Shell for Hewlett-Packard and Sheryl Crow out at Ihilani in 2004 for Astra-Zeneca. Don't know who the client was, but the Eagles played on the Big Island in 2005. Sony has had Donna Summer and Hall & Oates for the Sony Open shindigs. Or so I've heard.
          The 1983 concert was the "Rock in the Hard Place" tour. Joe Perry and Brad Whitford was replaced by Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay during that period. I remember it was a loud and crazy concert and Steven Tyler momentarily stopped the concert and said "If one more you motherf...ers throw anymore firecrackers on stage, we are going to stop the concert".

Comment

Anybody has the scoops on when Aerosmith's corporate gig will be? Going down to UH and hear them play by the dorms or in the parking lot sounds more and more attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
              Anybody has the scoops on when Aerosmith's corporate gig will be? Going down to UH and hear them play by the dorms or in the parking lot sounds more and more attractive.
              According to this article, it will be either the 29th or 30th.

Comment

Wouldn't be ironic if they move the venue secretly and instead play some of Aerosmith's CD's over the PA system instead for those camping outside the stadium Put a little bit of canned (just for you Sue) applause and cheering and no one outside would know
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Uh oh...

Show's cancelled!

It was nearly sold out too. Bummer for ticket holders. Bigger bummer for those flying in from off-island!
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Re: Uh oh...

This is a real bummer for anyone not from Maui who already spent money on airfare and hotel accommodation$ for this concert. Luckily I was not one of them.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      This is a real bummer for anyone not from Maui who already spent money on airfare and hotel accommodation$ for this concert. Luckily I was not one of them.
                      Canceled concerts in this state is so common anymore that I'm shocked at times when some of them actually happen, like U2 for example.

Now the question is has Aerosmith canceled the corporate show on Oahu as well?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post

Now the question is has Aerosmith canceled the corporate show on Oahu as well?

Aj
                        Take whatever I say with a grain of salt...

But word through the grapevine says the Toyota (International!) show at Murakami Stadium is still on. This is just what I hear from the sources at you know where.

Saw Uncle Tom tonight at a mahalo party but I was too chicken to ask what's up. Sorry. He did look nice in his white suit, though!
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Just a guess but I notice they rescheduled the Chicago show for 9/24...giving them very little time to jet off to Maui and play the 26th...maybe they asked for a date change and none was available so Maui got axed....

Since Hawaii was the end of the tour I have NO idea why they couldn't have played Chicago AFTER Hawaii and everyone would have been taken care of....

Los Lonely Boys tomorrow will be better anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                            Take whatever I say with a grain of salt...

But word through the grapevine says the Toyota (International!) show at Murakami Stadium is still on. This is just what I hear from the sources at you know where.

Saw Uncle Tom tonight at a mahalo party but I was too chicken to ask what's up. Sorry. He did look nice in his white suit, though!
                            You are correct, the Oahu corporate show is still on most likely because they will make more money off of that show than probably the Maui and Chicago shows COMBINED!!

It also sounds like HPD, UH Campus Security, etc. will be discouraging people from getting close to Les Murakami Stadium if you do not have a ticket. Of course those fortunate to be in one of the high rise dorms by all means use it to your advantage.

http://honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...709200374/1001

Aj

Comment

First the Rolling Stones canceled, now Aerosmith. Hawaii is going to get a bum rap with top rated shows canceling here. I'm out $70, cancellation fee for airline and hotel. Hey Moffatt, you should refund all Oahu people hotel and airfare that got ripped off due to Aerosmith canceling! I hope the corporate show Aerosmith is play at UH next week gets some bad karma. What goes around, comes around.

Comment

They canceled a scheduled show to play a rescheduled show...these guys wanted OUT of the Maui show....that reschedule story is a sham...I mean the original Chicago show was 9/10...Maui was on the books LONG before that...this band can rot in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X