Katherine - BAD 6/10
    Taylor - Great 9/10 Entertaining

2nd Round
    Elliot - OK 8/10
    Paris - She tried hard 9/10
    Chris - Better 9/10
    Katherine - Better than the fist song 8/10
    Taylor - Risky choice, but good 8/10

Hard to say who is gonna go. They are all pretty good and everyone has their favorites.

Comment

• Re: American Idol Season Five (2006)

I wish AI producers would allow contestants who have the talent to incorporate their musical instrument with their vocal performance.

It would open a whole new dimension for Taylor who is FANTASTIC on Harmonica.

I believe Chris plays rhythm guitar in his band as well. To have him play and sing.. man, that would REALLY rock.

Doesn't Kathryn play piano too?

I'd like to see a new singer/instrumentalist in the likes of Alicia Keys or Jon Bon Jovi than another Whitney Houston or David Lee Roth who only sing but don't play.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

That's EXACTLY how I feel too Pomai. I thought of that too, we have quite a few multi talented people on Idol this year, what a shame they can't show all their musical talent.
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

In David Lee Roth's defense he did put on quite a stage show filled with karate and sword tricks. HAHAHA!

*going away now*
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Paris is eliminated tonight.
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Now that Paris is gone, I barely have any motivation to watch the rest of the season.

I like Chris, but I'd rather see him perform with a band. "Karaoke solos" on idol just don't do rock any justice. I felt the same way last year about Bo Bice.

Did you see when Bo peformed with Lynard Skynard on the season finale? Now THAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Paris brought such personality to the show...not to mention some strong vocals. Whatta cutie. She'll do well in spite of and because of A.I.

Yep...Bo Bice with L.S. was chickenskin. I could feel his thrill of singing with them right thru the tv tube!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                  Paris brought such personality to the show...not to mention some strong vocals. Whatta cutie. She'll do well in spite of and because of A.I.

Yep...Bo Bice with L.S. was chickenskin. I could feel his thrill of singing with them right thru the tv tube!
                  Bo should get a hair cut
                  http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
                  http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
                  If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Do not forget to watch Idol tonight, people!

I LOVED:
                    ...Taylor's performances tonight--especially the 2nd song, "In the Ghetto." Tommy Mottola really directed him well; I'm glad Taylor didn't do the frenetic dancing in that 2nd song. He also had a bit of the Elvis look and voice. According to dialidol.com, without the West Coast votes in yet, either Katherine or Chris will be getting the ax tomorrow night--it would be quite a shocker if it were Chris.
                    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

It just started here. Regardless of the outcome, Priscilla Presley's plastic surgery is all I can see! Yikes! She was such a beautiful woman and, I'd venture to guess, would've aged beautifully, as well. Now I see her as the spokesperson for what not to do.

Comment

Priscilla Presley sure looked like Elvira's sister!

I feel Taylor and Chris are on top tonite.

If Katherine gets axed it will be a all male revue!

American Idol 5 - Elvis Week - TOP 4
                        01. Taylor - Elvis' Son? 9/10
                        02. Chris - Good 9/10
                        03. Elliot - hmmm didn't work for me 7/10 (Paula Crying again!)
                        04. Katherine - KARA-NOT-OK 7/10

05. Taylor - Make a Record! 9/10
                        06. Chris - Was OK, Good Ending 8/10
                        07. Elliot - Needed to look/sound meaner 7/10
                        08. Katherine - Pitchy 8/10

Comment

No spoilers from me tonight. I'm going to do something novel by actually watching the results show tonight and finding out who goes bye-bye.
                          - Anna Quindlen

Comment

What a shocker that Chris was eliminated!

I think AI execs have come to terms with the likelihood that Taylor will be the Idol this year since they had him do an encore of Jailhouse Rock--a request [scripted?] that came from Rebecca Romijn in the audience.
                            Last edited by U'ilani; May 10, 2006, 08:39 PM.
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Bummers! I'm not even interested in the show anymore. At least some of these kids who have been eliminated will end up with contracts. Still...

Comment

I went to a meeting tonite for some business related matters. Everyone was talking about voting on AI5 last night and NO ONE could not get through the phone lines and trolling the boards it seems to be a WIDE SPREAD problem.
                                The only ones that went through were the text messages and that is only if you use barnd "C".

I DETECT A SCAM.

Remember this is Reality TV but the reality is THEY DONT SHOW US THE VOTES!
                                Imagine if the next election is like that? They dont tell us the results?
                                Who is to know if the results are true?

Any lawyers want to take on a class action suit?

Comment

Working...
                                X