RIP The Crocodile Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP The Crocodile Hunter

Hello... It was his lifestyle to be different. He played with death on live TV. He abused his child for sensationalism and his arogance was a red flag to me that his ego controled him.
    ..It is certainly his right to be anything he wanted to be and he did make it known to the world that he was around, not an easy accomplishment.
    ..However I always thought from his comments and actions on screen that he loved to portray a jerk. Namaste my friend...

My love and support for his family and friends...

AwakeCreate

"you are what you think about ...all day long."
    'you are what you think about', all day long...you are
    blessed be

Comment

While I was watching FOXnews this morning they said that the report was the stingray stung him and it pierced his heart so he died instantly.

However, this was such a rare circumstance it has onyl happened like 3-5 times....I could only find 2 myself googling! They were in the 20's and 40's.

Poor Terri and the kids.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy

He was also a pretty decent surfer. Just imagine him in his khakis in the lineup talking story.
        Hehe, yeah thats a funny visual. I really can't believe this happened. It is a sad day for the zoological community.
        "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
        "But I can't even read good."
        "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
        "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Most people don't know his history and assume that his personality was manufactured for television. A quote from a lengthy story done about him nearly four years ago:
          With only his dog for company, he spent five years [in the mid-1980s] catching and relocating protected saltwater crocodiles that had become a threat to people in remote communities....

Irwin's feats of bushmanship and endurance during that time were astonishing. For months on end he lived like Tarzan, capturing enraged crocodiles with only net-traps and a small aluminium dinghy. "Mate," he whoops, "I was totally feral! I could run a wild pig down." The setting of each trap meant hauling a 120-kilo weight-bag high into the mangroves "while 5,000 green ants were biting on my eyeballs ... [later] I hadda get the croc into the boat, then from the boat to me truck, then into a crate. No-one could believe one person could do that, so Dad sent me up this video camera."

With the camera tied to a tree, or on the boat seat, Irwin recorded his horrifying ordeals. Every so often his grinning, mud-caked face would pop up before the lens. "Didja see that!" he'd holler, bug-eyed, before rushing off to deal with the next crisis.
          Article from Sydney Herald
          What I liked about him was his unbridled enthusiasm for life and the environment. The world was a better place because he passed through however briefly. May he rest in peace and his family find comfort.

Comment

CNN reported that he was "riding" on top of the stingray when it lashed out at him.

A huge part of the reason he was so successful was that he was flamboyant and did things that perhaps more prudent people wouldn't dare to do. I think they worked at making his wife more flamboyant on-screen if you look at her earlier appearances and her current ones. The thing with his infant was dumb and not that this excuses him but I think that if you make your living working with animals (and especially dangerous animals), it would be natural to get sort of complacent around them.

Comment

The Death of Someone especially, an untimely one is always hard to accept. More so for the surviving family members. I, too watched in disbelief and horror how he dangled his child above the crocs.

He lived a dangerous life, knowing the costs of what could happen. I don't think in his wildest dreams he would have imagined he would succumb to the stung of a sting ray.

Who would have thought.

Nevertheless, he is gone. Leaving behind a young family. My sympathies goes out to them as these words to his departing soul.

Rest In Peace Croc Man, you don't have to put on any show in Heaven. There is nothing Wild up there. Just PEACE.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

At least his daughter has something to remember him by. It'll be one of those things she can talk about in grade school.
                "My dad died... but he DID dangle me out by some crocs once."

Either way, it's so sad. But I can't imagine a more appropriate way for him to go-- doing what he did best.
                It's magic, you know.

Comment

He dangled his son, Bob, not his daughter. At least the incident that caused the ruckus.

He was working on a sealife documentary with his daughter. The reports now say that filming for his dangerous animals thing was on hold so he was shooting some scenes for the documentary with his daughter when he was killed. Luckily she wasn't present when the accident occurred.

Comment

Ahh okay.
                    Well, I guess the daughter has something to remember him by as well, as long as they keep the documentary footage they already shot for her.

I had never actually heard about the incident until his passing.
                    But talk about Michael Jackson flashback.
                    It's magic, you know.

Comment

I will miss him . I heard everything was caught on video and the producers have given the rights to Terri Irwin, so if the world ever gets to see him die it's up to Terri. You can listen to this tribute , good memories.
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by jessicat
                        Ahh okay.
                        Well, I guess the daughter has something to remember him by as well, as long as they keep the documentary footage they already shot for her.[...]
                        The daughter has years and years of video from which to remember her dad. Hopefully she will never see the footage of his final moments OR learn that that particular scene was for her Discovery Kids show. As I understand it, Irwin was taping scenes for one of his projects when the weather interfered. That's when he decided he could get the scene for Bindy's show; a decision that cost him his life. Such a sad story.

Comment

Did anyone catch the Regis and Kelly tribute to Steve, Kelly Ripa was actually friends with the family and their children spent time together.

It was very sweet and touching. It showed Steve helping her children learn about animals and great "dad" pictures.

They are doing a small tribute locally here in Oregon also because his wife and many family members live in my town.

Too sad for his children
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My prayers go out to his family. And goodness no, who wants to actually see the footage of him dieing. The latest I read was that he was swimming above a Bull Ray and his camera man was behind which is what the report says might have frightened the ray, causing it to lash up at Steve. The report also says that Steve pulled out the barb then lost consciousness. He was rushed to a nearby Island Hospital 30 minutes away but never regained consciousness and died in route.

Comment

In a land famed for dangerous creatures, he's killed by a mere stingray? Absolutely bizarre.

Comment

I can't believe PETA issued a statement that they regret his short life but are happy that he won't be mistreating animals anymore. PETA is a bunch of morons with nothing better to do. This proves their mentality especially since Pamela Anderson is one of their lame spokespersons.

Comment

Working...
                                X