RIP The Crocodile Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP The Crocodile Hunter

Whether PETA likes it or not his reputation and true caring for animals will show through. I am not sure why PETA felt the need to be involved anyways.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

PETA sucks, if I do say so myself.

Comment

Yeah after the Beyonce thing... as well as many other things...

PETA does suck... they say they hate the treatment of animals... but I doubt there members are ALL vegetarians.

I kind of understand what they are trying to do ... however, I think they are a bunch of "eco-terrorist" by some of the tactics they take.
        Last edited by damontucker; September 7, 2006, 08:21 PM.

Comment

PETA would villify a man who did a lot for animals. Excellent Cognitive Dissonance.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I had a chance to speak with a few of my Aussie friends about Steve's death.

They absolutely adored the guy. When I expressed a bit of dislike for some of his actions, I believe I was lucky to escape with my life. I love my Aussie friends dearly, but they do not suffer fools gladly .

They educated me a bit on his life and accomplishments. Although I do still harbor a bit of reservation about certain things that he did, I have to apologize for thinking he was an idiot. I was wrong.
            Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 7, 2006, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I watched this morning that they are considering playing Crocodile Hunter's last moments. They have the footage and are seeking release from his widow...

Apparently they are using an old quote from Steve saying no matter what happens even if I get chewed up by a croc keep it rolling! I am paraphrasing..
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                I watched this morning that they are considering playing Crocodile Hunter's last moments. They have the footage and are seeking release from his widow...

Apparently they are using an old quote from Steve saying no matter what happens even if I get chewed up by a croc keep it rolling! I am paraphrasing..
                To me it seems consistent with his style to show the footage.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                  I had a chance to speak with a few of my Aussie friends about Steve's death... They educated me a bit on his life and accomplishments. Although I do still harbor a bit of reservation about certain things that he did, I have to apologize for thinking he was an idiot. I was wrong.
                  Thanks for sharing this. I, too, saw Steve as more of a cartoon character than a person, sometimes, but I was most definitely a fan, along with my family, and enjoyed his shows, even one of the more recent, somewhat odd ones where we joined him, his wife, and kids as they visited national parks across the U.S. mainland.

I was surprised that many of the initial responses here were so negative... or that some people, including PETA, saw so much evil in his motives. He may have thrived on adrenaline, and I actually believe there's something to the idea that it may have had a physiological/psychological root, but the man was passionate and deeply dedicated to saving and preserving the animals (and their habitats) around which his life obviously evolved. He put his time, money, and life where his mouth was in these environmental and Earth issues. He didn't live his whole life on camera, but when he was off camera, he worked just as hard (unlike some other high-profile animal advocates).

The man did much more for giving this and the next generation empathy for and appreciation of the animal kingdom than almost anyone I can think of. His death is a tragedy for many creatures, bipedal or other, as well as for his family.

As for his last excursion? He has said many times that his crew had standing orders to keep filming even if something went awry... that seeing things going wrong were just as important as seeing them go right. He wanted folks to appreciate both the beauty and majesty of animals as well as their unpredictability and dangers. Whether his last moments will be seen by the world is a decision only his widow can make, but I'd understand, either way.

Comment

Much Mahalos to PPB on surfermag.com

http://www.ppb-photos.com/temp/irwin.wmv

Old school on a busted up knee.

Good to ya, rippa!!!!
                    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                      Much Mahalos to PPB on surfermag.com

http://www.ppb-photos.com/temp/irwin.wmv

Old school on a busted up knee.

Good to ya, rippa!!!!
                      Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        Thanks for sharing this. I, too, saw Steve as more of a cartoon character than a person, sometimes, but I was most definitely a fan, along with my family, and enjoyed his shows, even one of the more recent, somewhat odd ones where we joined him, his wife, and kids as they visited national parks across the U.S. mainland.
                        After being turned off by his earlier shows I never bothered watching him again. The incident with his infant son and the crocodile just reinforced my initial reaction to him. I think even the most hard-core Steve Irwin fans had to be at least a little bit horrified by that.

I never realized until after his death that he was so much more than the cartoon character/buffoon I believed he was...

Comment

Wow Windward...I'm so impressed by your openmindedness and willingness to change your mind if given a reason to. While I was a huge Irwin family fan I, too, was not happy with the infant incident. Was anybody, really? Still, I never waivered from being a fan. Oh, to have that man's energy! What a full, productive life he led. Maybe he was given twice the energy and passion of anyone else 'cuz he was meant to only live half the number of years. <shrug>

Did anyone see a clip of the footage of Steve and Terri when Terri was in labor? It brought me to tears. Steve said it was the most difficult situation he'd ever been in. Then he got in the labor bed with her, seated at the head of the bed, Terri leaning back against him...and he held her. And held her. And held her.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                            Did anyone see a clip of the footage of Steve and Terri when Terri was in labor? It brought me to tears. Steve said it was the most difficult situation he'd ever been in. Then he got in the labor bed with her, seated at the head of the bed, Terri leaning back against him...and he held her. And held her. And held her.
                            I did - and it was part of a special that changed my mind about him. I thought of him as a caricature, easy to parody, but I didn't really think much about him otherwise. But I agree, the infant son incident was shameful, yet he really was responsible for some great conservation and educational efforts.

No matter the risks he took, the tomfoolery he pulled...I wouldn't wish that kind of death on anyone. And I would never want to view the "final footage" - that's just too morbid.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              I haven't seen it but I'll make it a point to try to. Your description alone brings tears to my eyes. I can only imagine how poignant the footage is, especially now.

How very devastated his wife must be.

Comment

Revenge against the sting rays... how ridiculous is this now?

SYDNEY, Australia - At least 10 stingrays have been killed since "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin was fatally injured by one of the fish, an official said Tuesday, prompting a spokesman for the late TV star's animal charity to urge people not take revenge on the animals....
                                http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/crocodile...ngray_killings

Comment

Working...
                                X