This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Name Game - Chapter 3

George Nelson Bentley Sr. (1813-1880(?)) settled in Livonia Township c. 1835. He looked around the township for some time before finally buying 80 acres on Five Mile Road, a quarter mile west of the Inkster Road in 1843. He paid the sum of $300 for this land.

On July 1, 1863, The 24th Michigan was heavily engaged during the first day's battle at Gettysburg. Before the day was through they would suffer almost 80% casualties. One of the dead was George Bentley. His gravesite is not currently known. When the Union Dead were moved to the National Cemetery, he was not among those identified. He may rest there in an grave marked "UNKNOWN". It is possible that his temporary gravesite was noted and the body exhumed and returned to Michigan, as were many. This possibility cannot currently be confirmed.
    http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver.../gbentley.html
    Last edited by 1stwahine; August 3, 2006, 03:10 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Wes Bently - Actor, Julliard School graduate

Comment

Richard Bentley (January 27, 1662 – July 14, 1742) was an English theologian, Classics scholar and critic.

Comment

Richard Gere - Actor (Pretty Woman)
          Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Richard Pryor - American Actor and Comedian, b.1940

Comment

Taylor A. "Tap" Pryor - noted local ocean scientist; headquartered at the Makai Pier near Sea Life Park

Comment

Alton Pryor - Author of Little Known Tales in Hawaii History

http://www.tropicislemusic.com/books/new_releases14.htm

Learn the history of Old Hawaii - when infanticide and Royal incest were rampant. When women were forbidden to eat with men. When the taboos placed on the commoners by the members of royalty would sometimes make the slavery that occurred in the south seem a pleasure. A true eye-opening journey.

Comment

Stefan Pryor
                  President of the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation

Appointed to the top spot after Kevin Rampe's May 2005 resignation, Pryor previously served the agency as Senior Vice President for Policy and Programs. Pryor has a long track record in downtown New York - he was a Vice President at the Partnership for New York City, and helped to coordinate downtown business reinvestment after 9/11. He was also the LMDC's first official employee.

Comment

Stefan Maass - Actor in the Movie "Honolulu"
                    Produced and directed by seven Munich Film School students, Honolulu takes place not in Hawaii, but inside of a rural town just outside of Munich, Germany.
                    http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=59859
                    Last edited by damontucker; August 3, 2006, 05:17 PM. Reason: quotes

Comment

stefan edberg - swedish (?) tennis champ
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

Stefan Gleason is vice president of the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation.

Comment

Jackie Gleason
                          Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Jackie Wilson - R & B singer, hits included "Lonely Teardrops" and "Higher & Higher".
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Brian Wilson - leader of the Beachboys; no longer tours; father of Carnie and Wendy Wilson of Wilson-Phillips

Comment

Al Wilson - had a huge #1 top 40 hit in 1974, "Show and Tell", and then disappeared!
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X