Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is the best lei greeting

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Let me get this straight. You want someone to greet you with a lei at the airport? You are willing to pay for it?

Hello?

If it's only you coming and not a Bus Load of friends whom you wanted to purchase leis for.

Auntie pUpUle volunteers to greet and put a lei around your neck for Free. Courtesy of our Ohana here at HT and Hawai'i nei!

Send me the date and time dear.

Auntie Lynn
    Jeeze, I'd go with that offer if I was you! Hey Auntie could you do this for me next time I'm in town?
    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
    "But I can't even read good."
    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
      Jeeze, I'd go with that offer if I was you! Hey Auntie could you do this for me next time I'm in town?
      It would be my pleasure. Just let me know.

Does this make me the Official Greeter of HT?

Yippppeeeeeee!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Grrrrrrrr. Manoa, plzzzzzzzzz. Stop assuming things about me. Manerva is workable and I also have children who are willing to drive me wherever I want to go. Remember when Lucy of Canada came? My daughter, Christy lent me her Lexus.

Auntie Lynn
        I said "MAY EVEN..." preceded by a "generous" (which I meant that she would be there even if she HAD to take the bus)

and I thought Manerva might not be running or something...das why I thought you asked me for a ride to Manoas get together...

and the last time you were lent the lexus for Pupule Lucy... Remember the run around you had looking for the keys and then had to ask the neighbor for a ride?
        Last edited by damontucker; September 5, 2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          I said "MAY EVEN..." preceded by a "generous" (which I meant that she would be there even if she HAD to take the bus)

and I thought Manerva might not be running or something...das why I thought you asked me for a ride to Manoas get together...

and the last time you were lent the lexus for Pupule Lucy... Remember the run around you had looking for the keys and then had to ask the neighbor for a ride?
          Manoa, "may even" should not have been in there to begin with. Period.

As for Manerva. I asked you for a ride because I knew I would be drinking. I don't drink and drive. I drive Manerva to and fro when I take MAMA and I for dinners, marketing, and whateva's!

The night Lucy arrived from Canada, I couldn't find the keys for the Lexus cause Antonio was screaming and he made me quite nervous. I was already late and needed to think fast. I asked my neighbor, Gloria to take me and pick-up Lucy. Everything worked out fine. The two days, I took Lucy to The Shark Tour we used my daughter's Lexus.

Why am I even bothering explaining all this to you is beyond me.

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 5, 2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Why am I even bothering explaining all this to you is beyond me.

Auntie Lynn
            Me too Hi Auntie!

Comment

Big kudos to Aunty Lynn for offering a lei greeting with real heart. I'm sure the commercial lei greeting services are fun for what they are, but what really matters is the thought, not the flowers. That the people welcoming you there were paid to be there just wouldn't feel right to me.

On the other hand, Aunty Lynn, with her big delicious hugs and smiling face, is just about the best greeting I can imagine for anyone, and especially for a member of the HT ohana.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                Big kudos to Aunty Lynn for offering a lei greeting with real heart. I'm sure the commercial lei greeting services are fun for what they are, but what really matters is the thought, not the flowers. That the people welcoming you there were paid to be there just wouldn't feel right to me.

On the other hand, Aunty Lynn, with her big delicious hugs and smiling face, is just about the best greeting I can imagine for anyone, and especially for a member of the HT ohana.

The Hawaiian dictionary should have a picture of Auntie next to the definition of Aloha. This kind of offer is way above and beyond standard issue Aloha I think.
                You go Auntie! :-)
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                  The Hawaiian dictionary should have a picture of Auntie next to the definition of Aloha. This kind of offer is way above and beyond standard issue Aloha I think.
                  You go Auntie! :-)
                  I'm so honored and happy to be thought of by such kindness. Kahalu'u_Chrome uses one of my quotes in his signature. So simple yet, so POWERFUL..."It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Yes, although I may purchase a lei for anyone coming in to visit our islands, the rewards are much greater. Friendship blossoms and knowing they will take back with them a part of our aina and customs which no Tourist Tour could ever show or teach them.

I am blessed to have been born in this Magical Mystic Place called Hawai'i. Her beauty is well known. It is only befitting for me to welcome anyone who simply ask. I am not a millionaire. Nevertheless, the leis will always be furnished. I don't worry about stuff lil dat.

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I'm so honored and happy to be thought of by such kindness. Kahalu'u_Chrome uses one of my quotes in his signature. So simple yet, so POWERFUL..."It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Yes, although I may purchase a lei for anyone coming in to visit our islands, the rewards are much greater. Friendship blossoms and knowing they will take back with them a part of our aina and customs which no Tourist Tour could ever show or teach them.

I am blessed to have been born in this Magical Mystic Place called Hawai'i. Her beauty is well known. It is only befitting for me to welcome anyone who simply ask. I am not a millionaire. Nevertheless, the leis will always be furnished. I don't worry about stuff lil dat.

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn

You my dear Auntie Lynn are precious. Can't get any better than that.
                    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
                      You my dear Auntie Lynn are precious. Can't get any better than that.
                      Mahalo, Queenolu! There's another saying I use on my Blog quite often cause I'm poor..."I like borrow dollar!" j/k

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

You tempting me to change my signature?

j/k

Comment

You tempting me to change my signature?
                          Why does it always have to be about you? I wasn't tempting anyone. I was...neva mind.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Why does it always have to be about you?
                            He just wants to get the last word in. Again.

Comment

Actually PJ...

I feed off my "Hanai" Mom's posts... I enjoy reading them...and I enjoy commenting on them... Sometimes she misunderstands me and gives me my whacks.

I think she likes to do the same with my posts at time...
                              but that's how a true ohana works... you should see us when were together... we cut off eachothers own sentences before the other can even finish

Hugs pj!

Comment

but that's how a true ohana works... you should see us when were together... we cut off eachothers own sentences before the other can even finish
                                Ah, yes... there it is. Like clockwork.

Also gotta laugh at the inferences you make... like I don't know how a true ohana works.

Cutting off family members while they're trying to talk would get you a slap upside the head in some households. Show respect to your kupuna; don't interrupt them.

Comment

Working...
                                X