what is the best lei greeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is the best lei greeting

Thanks for sharing the picture! I was wondering how it all went...How cool is that?
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

heheheh. Mahalo Manoa for posting the pic. TuNnL took video too. Also, Scriv, got to take a pic of me dancing "Male Lei" to Lorna.

It began a wonderful morning. Scriv and I got to know each other. He got to see and hear the true 1stwahine and if the Legend of Aunty Lynn of Chinatown did really exist. I'll let him tell you about it.

We headed out for the airport. We waited and saw a greeter waiting for hawaiidreaming also. Unbeknownst to her the greeter/transporter had a lei for her too. She recognized us from my papale.hahahaha

From the start we got along. It was if we knew it each other for a looong time. We talked story so easy. Then again, I love to talk. We headed for Sand Island. Ohhhhh! Lala! The place is a hide-a-away and tropical setting for any romantic get-to-gether! I shall go there again. With who? I dunno. I'll have an affair. No tell.

We had lunch and the company was marvalous. Honest. It's always great to put hostility aside and start new. We talked with Lorna. Mary arrived. Being me I always find naughty things to say.hahahah The guys were bit embarrassed to say the least. I neva care. They not little boys. They can handle an old broad being naughty. Especially, two who drank 3 Pina Coladas! Lorna and I were laughing at a joke.

Soon it came to an end. We headed out to HHV. We dropped off Lorna and wished her a happy vacation. I will be seeing her again to give her my Exclusive Chinatown Tour.

Scriv took me home. We talked again. I ventilated alot to him today. He listened and truly cared. Afterall, he is a fellow Christian. He understands how I feel. Thanks, Scriv.

Thank you everyone for being there today and showing hawaiidreaming Aloha. If everyone takes the time to give a bit of Aloha to share to strangers...the world will be become brighter with smiles and laughters gurranteed!

Aloha & Love

Auntie Lynn

Btw: The Pina Colada's knocked me out!
      Last edited by 1stwahine; September 10, 2006, 04:56 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        [...]We headed for Sand Island. Ohhhhh! Lala! The place is a hide-a-away and tropical setting for any romantic get-to-gether![...]
        From the picture and the description, I'm guessing you had a wonderful time at my favorite restaurant...La Mariana?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          From the picture and the description, I'm guessing you had a wonderful time at my favorite restaurant...La Mariana?
          Oh wow...thank you so much tutu... now you can take the pressure off me for HAVING to take 1stwahine there sometime in the future... it truly was a very nice beautiful setting..... I wish you would read my PM's however... 1stwahine like go back there again sometime cause it's a nice place... and since you know the place... dang... perfect for the two of you

It was a truly beautiful place...and I will let you and 1stwahine go into discussions on your own to go there... cause I think she like go there again some time

Mahalo scriv - for showing us a hidden gem in such a desolate place... beware... the directions on the website are misleading... we had to pull over a few times and then TunNl called one of his friends for directions.... still got lost... but eventually found it... It truly is a nice little hole in the wall...

Hope you had a good lei greeting Hawaiidreaming!

Comment

Tutusue, it's perfect! My late husband worked for Haitsuka Brothers Ltd. I used to drop him off to work many mornings. I past La Mariana many times. I never knew. It's absolutely a step into the past. So romantic. I shall go there again. A perfect hide away. Not to be seen from people who know me.heheheh

Ohhhh...Lala!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              [...]Mahalo scriv - for showing us a hidden gem in such a desolate place... beware... the directions on the website are misleading... we had to pull over a few times and then TunNl called one of his friends for directions.... still got lost... but eventually found it... It truly is a nice little hole in the wall... [...]!
              La Mariana's been in that location for 50 years or more and has been owned by the same woman, Annette Nahinu. It's now for sale and I can only hope that whoever buys it will preserve and protect it. It's the last of the old tiki bars and, yes, difficult to find at first. Almost to the bridge, just gotta look to the right for the row of mailboxes and the La Mariana sign on the corner. Google Earth or Google Maps should pinpoint it a bit better.

I have a business lunch there tomorrow, aamof! Looking forward to it.

ETA: It'd be a GREAT spot for an HT get together. Really!
              Last edited by tutusue; September 10, 2006, 06:42 PM. Reason: forgot sumthin'

Comment

K-den. I'm putting this out to any Rich Business People out there in Cyber land!!! Come together and purchase La Mariana!!! I can cook, I can entertain, I'll draw the crowd!

Save La Mariana!!!

Plllezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

[...]I shall go there again.[...]
                  Auntie, I think on Sunday nights they have a piano bar going with the old Tahitian Lanai crowd. Lotsa singing going on last I heard...which was not too long after the Tahitian Lanai closed! I, for the most part, have lunch there rather than dinner so my info might be outdated.

For those of you who went there today...now you know how I want the essence and feel of my condo to be! The remodel will be based on La Mariana; well, an updated version!

Comment

Now I gotta go check it out definitely! I loved Tahitian Lanai. I love Piano Bars. I loved Bob Nelson at Yacht Harbor Towers Bar.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; September 10, 2006, 06:59 PM.

Comment

K-den. I'm putting this out to any Rich Business People out there in Cyber land!!! Come together and purchase La Mariana!!! I can cook, I can entertain, I'll draw the crowd!

Save La Mariana!!!

Plllezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz![...]
                      TeeHee! I've received a bunch of emails from friends saying the same thing! "Let's form a hui and save La Mariana"! The film industry is a big enough risk for me. The food industry is beyond my comprehension! I so hope the 'right' people buy it.

Comment

TeeHee! I've received a bunch of emails from friends saying the same thing! "Let's form a hui and save La Mariana"! The film industry is a big enough risk for me. The food industry is beyond my comprehension! I so hope the 'right' people buy it.
                        Tutusue, Remember "Wishes do come true!"

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Now I gotta go check it out definitely! I loved Tahitian Lanai. I love Piano Bars. I loved Bob Nelson at Yaht Harbor Towers Bar. [...]
                          Annette bought most of the Tahitian Lanai decor when it closed so a lot of what you saw today is the old TL!

Hmmm...wonder if we ever bumped into each other at YHT. Were you the one doing the bird calls?

Comment

Now I gotta go check it out definitely! I loved Tahitian Lanai. I love Piano Bars. I loved Bob Nelson at Yacht Harbor Towers Bar.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
                            The blind piano player from Tahitian Lanai, Ron Miyashiro (?) now plays at Wailana Coffee House - can probably find some of the old crowd there too.

When I first came back to Honolulu in 1996, I stayed at the Waikikian Hotel for about 3 weeks - mainly so I could go there for food & fun. What a great old place that was!!!!
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Annette bought most of the Tahitian Lanai decor when it closed so a lot of what you saw today is the old TL!

Hmmm...wonder if we ever bumped into each other at YHT. Were you the one doing the bird calls?
                              hahahaha...Nah, couldn't have been me. My loving husband was always with me. I had to ack prim and proper. He was a man with Class. I miss him so. I love to sing old songs from the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's! My mom owned the last Ballroom in Hawai'i. I grew up with Ballroom Dancing.

Getting back on topic. hawaiidreaming had a total of six leis today!

Eh, Ron used to play at Pagoda! I remember him. Gosh old times.

If the Waikikian Hotel would have talked...I would be dead today.

Auntie Lynn
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 10, 2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Tutusue, Remember "Wishes do come true!" [...]
                                Absolutely...
                                And thoughts become things...choose the good ones!
                                That said, I choose to wish for La Mariana to stay where it is and as it is (well, with maybe a little grooming, but not much). Annette's legacy should be allowed to live on.

Sweet lady, that Annette. I've never been to the restaurant when she hasn't been actively greeting every guest, going from table to table. I noticed last week that she now needs assistance getting around but, dang, she was still there.

I wonder if Corky the parrot, who's the 'host with the most' at the front entrance, is included in the asking price.

Comment

Working...
                                X