what is the best lei greeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is the best lei greeting

I respect my kupuna as well as learn from them as well as teach them things that many haven't learned.

We can learn together about many different subjects... That's the beauty about HT too... at least here we can't literally cut eachother off...

Auntie's gonna teach me how to make portagee soup...and I gonna teach her how to post to youtube Eventually.... now you tell me who's getting the better end of the deal....

Getting back to the Lei Greeting... I was looking up Aloha with 1stwahine on Google...

This is what I got:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 10,700 for aloha 1stwahine. (0.12 seconds
    yes you are Ms. Aloha and anyone that gets greeted by you would be very priviledged.
    Last edited by damontucker; September 5, 2006, 09:30 PM. Reason: corrected number

Comment

HawaiiDreaming:

If your arrival time works with my schedule, I'll join Lynn and meet you. Then we'll both buy you a drink. Something fruity with an umbrella. In case you'll feel weird with just the one-person welcoming committee.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

OMG -

Hawaiidreaming... you better not turn this one down...! For reals...

1stwahine my Hanai Mom... but the aloha just went through the roof when my HT IDOL just offered to be there too!

You must be someone famous they not telling me about

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Let me get this straight. You want someone to greet you with a lei at the airport? You are willing to pay for it?

Hello?

If it's only you coming and not a Bus Load of friends whom you wanted to purchase leis for.

Auntie pUpUle volunteers to greet and put a lei around your neck for Free. Courtesy of our Ohana here at HT and Hawai'i nei!

Send me the date and time dear.

Auntie Lynn
          WOW!! Omg thats so sweet, you have made my day lynn you sure are a amazing person to do that , i shall pm and send details to you and a big mahalo to you
          Last edited by hawaiidreaming; September 6, 2006, 05:50 AM.
          *Lorna* I'M BACK MISSING HAWAII
          http://www.myspace.com/lorna_uk

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            HawaiiDreaming:

If your arrival time works with my schedule, I'll join Lynn and meet you. Then we'll both buy you a drink. Something fruity with an umbrella. In case you'll feel weird with just the one-person welcoming committee.
            thats sweet of you that be nice mahalo

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreaming
              WOW!! Omg thats so sweet, you have made my day lynn you sure are a amazing person to do that , i shall pm and send details to you and a big mahalo to you
              hawaiidreaming, such a lovely screen name. Well, looks like you woke up to one of your dreams coming true. I will greet you and if scriv's schedule is a go, he will join me in welcoming you to our beautiful island of Oahu with the sweet frangrance of a lei!

Amazing? Nah. Just a Lady full of Aloha!

Auntie Lynn
              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 6, 2006, 06:50 AM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

hawaiidreaming, such a lovely screan name. Well, looks like you woke up to one of your dreams coming true. I will greet you and if scriv's schedule is a go, he will join me in welcoming you to our beautiful island of Oahu with the sweet frangrance of a lei!

Amazing? Nah. Just a Lady full of Aloha!

Auntie Lynn
                omg yes a true Hawaiian Aloha im so excited now and yes its very beautiful , i love the smell of the leis at least now i know im gonna be lei'd, a very big mahalo

Comment

Why am I even bothering explaining all this to you is beyond me.
                  Cause you is nice lady, that's why.

Comment

Auntie Lynn;
                    I would be so pleased if you would meet me the next ime I visit Hawai'i. . . . Not just for the lei, but to be met by "you". If you had to take a bus out to meet me, I would happily pay for return to city! I probably won't make it this year. I must visit my oldest keike in Ireland in March, because I have not seen her and her family for over a whole year, but my next trip would be a private "get away". . .just for ME. I often come to Hawai'i alone and just chill, and soak up as much culture as I can. I really LOVE China Town.

I hope in the future we can do that, and you can meet me. Mahalo!

Malama pono Auntie,

Claudia

Comment

Originally posted by ojosverdesdegato
                      Auntie Lynn;
                      I would be so pleased if you would meet me the next ime I visit Hawai'i. . . . Not just for the lei, but to be met by "you". I hope in the future we can do that, and you can meet me. Mahalo!

Malama pono Auntie,

Claudia
                      Aloha Claudia! I've got my grandchildren with me. It's an art to sneak on the computa between breaks.

It's always an honor for me to meet a member or anyone from another place. With that said, I would be delighted to meet you dear. Just let me know and we shall make it a memorable one.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

If anyone wants to join us, just pmail me and we'll work it out.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

if yall make it back to auntie's Chinatown after the airport, i'd love to join you for a cocktail...
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

1stwahine that may be a small gesture for you, but for me thats exactly why I made the move back here. Coming from the mainland after all those years its amazing to hear you offer to meet a total stranger at the airport. Trully what aloha is all about. It doesnt get anymore real than that. Its sad that we live in a day in age where thats so amazing, but thats a true sign of a great soul. Mahaloz for being you. Just had throw my .02 in there.

Comment

Mahalo! Rhscare! I have so much in Life to be thankful for. I am not meeting a stranger at the airport. I am meeting a fellow member of HT!! Seriously, I try to give back every which I can. I may not have much but as long as I can make someone smile and be happy I try my best to do.

God took care of my children when they were in Iraq, Afganistan and Korea. He brought them home to me. He brought me out of darkness. He gave me back Life once again the other week. I am very Lucky.

Making others happy is the least I can do.

It is called sharing Aloha!

Auntie Lynn

Btw: I plan to purchase a Maile Lei and sing and dance the song for her!
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 9, 2006, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Hawaiidreamin(g) -

Here is a picture today of you and 1stwahine.

Thanks to scrivener... a few others showed up and also gave leis.

Scrivener went over board and gave her the personal touch of a welcome sign on behalf of all HT members.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation in Hawaii. You are a very nice lady and I hope more HT members get a chance to meet you while you are here.

And your accent is BEAUTIFUL! Even though I kept saying... HUH... Excuse me... Pardon me....etc.... It wasn't that I couldn't hear you... it's that your language and the way you said words was so beautiful....

It was like listening to what English Language is really spoken like... not the Mainland stuff!

Any rate... hope you have fun....

Manoasurfer123
                                Last edited by damontucker; November 21, 2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X