No announcement yet.

The "Real" Middle Eastern War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stop sending weapons to BOTH sides!

Originally posted by Miulang
    If Israel dropped the nuclear weapon as their final salvo, it wouldn't matter if anyone else had anything left to send anyway because we'd all be goners.

Miulang
    In conclusion, dat would mean RAPTURE!

aUNTIE pUpule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Re: Stop sending weapons to BOTH sides!

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      In conclusion, dat would mean RAPTURE!
      Not just yet, if you please - I'm on deadline.
      (No...I didn't say DEADline. )

Comment

• Re: The "Real" Middle Eastern War

No be scared. Heaven is Beautiful!
        http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=704

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Nice of you to think that's my eventual destination.

Comment

http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=704

Auntie Lynn
            But Tita, you also said you could never find any of your friends or relatives there when you visited!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              Nice of you to think that's my eventual destination.
              Of course Leo Lakio. Where else but "Heaven" for Gentleman like you?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

P.S. IMRA is an Israeli-favored "independent" news organization. This is how the Canadian UNIFIL observer's death was reported in the Vancouver Sun.
                I didn't point to the IMRA as the 'only' source just as another perspective - not unlike your numerous links to entities which are strongly supportive of Hezbollah, Hamas, etc. etc. etc. I would be loathe to designate most any media/news outlets as truly independent in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
                  I didn't point to the IMRA as the 'only' source just as another perspective - not unlike your numerous links to entities which are strongly supportive of Hezbollah, Hamas, etc. etc. etc. I would be loathe to designate most any media/news outlets as truly independent in this matter.
                  Not all of them have been pro-Arabic. The one news source I don't rely on for American news all the time is the US media; I tend to rely on the foreign press for this.

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; July 26, 2006, 12:59 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

But Tita, you also said you could never find any of your friends or relatives there when you visited!

Miulang
                    Cause I not Dead yet!!!! I only go for visits!!! When I die, das wen I can see dem. I can only see all the stuff that's allowed to be seen.
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 26, 2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Of course Leo Lakio. Where else but "Heaven" for Gentleman like you?
                      For once, I got no snappy, sarcastic or smart-mouthed comeback... Lynn, you one powerful tita.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                        this begs the question: if the target hides amongst civilians, is it morally acceptable to kill civilians in trying to kill the target? Is there a mathmatical formula, a fraction that tips the scales one way or another on what the acceptable loss of civilian life is?
                        It is an interesting question and one which has impacted our forces in Iraq and Afghanistan and even before that in Vietnam. My personal opinion is that if you decide to wage war, then you do it without equivocation and get it over with as quickly as possible. The other question which can be asked is: If the civilians are aware that they are being used as 'cover', are they truly innocent bystanders or non-combat operatives?

Comment

For once, I got no snappy, sarcastic or smart-mouthed comeback... Lynn, you one powerful tita.
                          Das not me. Das the Power of the God I believe in. I give him the Glory, Honor and Praise!

Mahalo Leo!

Auntie Lynn

P.S. I going back moe moe. Medication is working again.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
                            If the civilians are aware that they are being used as 'cover', are they truly innocent bystanders or non-combat operatives?
                            If I am aware that I am the "target" of a mugging, does that make me less of a victim? What if I am unable or incapable of extricating myself from the situation?

Comment

If I am aware that I am the "target" of a mugging, does that make me less of a victim? What if I am unable or incapable of extricating myself from the situation?
                              That's a rather lame comparison - you can do better ! But let's expand on it for a moment. If you are walking in a bad neighborhood with a reputation for muggings, then you are at least partly responsible for making an unwise choice. It's personal safety 101 to be aware of your surroundings so that you don't become a victim.

Comment

if there are targets running through their village with guns, how empowered are they to flee? If they hide in the corners of their homes with their families, instead of choosing to run in the open streets with people holding guns, is their awareness suggesting compliance? If the targets are hiding in the village and you bomb the village--of course, aiming for the targets, but the coordinates for the bombs are the village, isn't the logic of "awareness = non combatant operatives" really spin? Insulting, offensive spin at that.
                                Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; July 26, 2006, 01:24 PM. Reason: to see if I could make myself clearer.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X