No announcement yet.

Terrorist Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Terrorist Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

No "electrical fobs?" I guess that means no keeping your electric car door (or garage door) opener on your keychain when going through security.

And for those people who take uka pila prescription medicines, I guess it means you gotta keep all your pills in their bottle and lug those around with you instead of using those divided pill containers so TSA knows what kine drugs you're taking (this could be a violation of HIPAA rules...I sure hope some angry consumer brings this up).

Packing your digital and electronic gear in your bags that you check in is a sure invitation to get it stolen. That's why I never take my laptop with me when I go on trips (it was a hassle enough to have to take it out of its case to be examined).

My guess is after a few days the TSA will relax some of the rules. The last thing they want to do is piss off flying customers so they don't travel by air anymore and then the airline companies will all go into bankruptcy again (the high cost of fuel is a big enough problem for them right now) and the Feds will bail them out again, which will make us taxpayers even more angry...

Vicious cycle...

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; August 10, 2006, 01:12 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992
      However all explosives are nitrogen-based. Which means that explosive residue detection equipment is supposed to be able to detect the presence of any of these explosives.
      Not correct, not all explosives are nitrogen based. The famous shoe bomber shoes for example - a pair of high-top basketball trainers containing 8-10oz of triacetone triperoxide (TATP) blended with Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate (PETN) in their heels, with fuses protruding from the tongue.

The TATP by itself is highly explosive and unstable, the PETN was merely an adjunct. Bigger boom kinda stuff.
      You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Perhaps Al-Qaeda's real motive is to disrupt the Western way of life so much that we bankrupt ourselves (morally as well as financially) little by little, as we tweak this structure, chase that terrorist cell, topple this regime, chip away at that civil right...wait a minute, didn't Bin Laden say, long ago, that bankrupting us IS his goal?

Death by a thousand paper cuts. The power of a patient foe.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          My guess is after a few days the TSA will relax some of the rules. The last thing they want to do is piss off flying customers so they don't travel by air anymore and then the airline companies will all go into bankruptcy again (the high cost of fuel is a big enough problem for them right now) and the Feds will bail them out again, which will make us taxpayers even more angry...

Vicious cycle...

Miulang
          Hopefully, the TSA will relax some of the rules. Otherwise, I'll be using private air charters exclusively instead of commercial carriers.

http://www.bluestarjets.com/home.asp
          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
            Kamuela, I mean this for real: you can be such a pr*ck sometimes. That was a cheap shot. Miulang posts her guts off with as much info overload she can muster, and whether anyone agrees with her or not, that is respectable. You, on the other hand, conjecture intogetting personal. Not cool.
            You know who the real "pr*cks" are in this world? The people who write pages and pages blasting Israel for going after terrorists in Lebanon, attacking the US for going after terrorists in Iraq, attacking the US for going after terrorists in Afghanistan, attacking the Bush administration for wanting to monitor phone records of terrorists in the US, attacking the Bush administration for having a terrorist prison at Guantanamo, attacking the US for supposedly supporting the "torture" of terrorist suspects, attacking the US for supporting Israel against the terrorists and never attacking the racist intolerant muslim extremists who support this mass murder.

They are the "Pr*cks".

Comment

Excuse me? In another post on another thread I said that of all the terrorists around, the Pakistani terrorists (with loose affiliation with al Qaeda) are the most evil, sophisticated and pernicious of them all.
              Miulang

You have never once, in all of you ranting and citing and posting, made one suggestion on how we (or Israel) should be doing instead to identify and capture or kill the muslim terrorists.

Not one.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                You know who the real "pr*cks" are in this world? The people who write pages and pages blasting Israel for going after terrorists in Lebanon, attacking the US for going after terrorists in Iraq, attacking the US for going after terrorists in Afghanistan, attacking the Bush administration for wanting to monitor phone records of terrorists in the US, attacking the Bush administration for having a terrorist prison at Guantanamo, attacking the US for supposedly supporting the "torture" of terrorist suspects, attacking the US for supporting Israel against the terrorists and never attacking the racist intolerant muslim extremists who support this mass murder.
                They are the "Pr*cks".
                If the Bush administration only used those tools against terrorists, I would stand up and applaud them. But as for those "pr*icks" who draw attention to the administration's illegal activities, civil-rights violations, and refusals to follow international laws, treaties and conventions to which the United States is a signatory? I pronounce that word: "patriots."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  Perhaps Al-Qaeda's real motive is to disrupt the Western way of life so much that we bankrupt ourselves (morally as well as financially) little by little, as we tweak this structure, chase that terrorist cell, topple this regime, chip away at that civil right...wait a minute, didn't Bin Laden say, long ago, that bankrupting us IS his goal?

That is absolutely their goal. That's why they go after the airline industry. Killing the airline industry kills the entire economy. Hawaii, thanks to the muslim terrorists, will become a third world dust bucket if had been successful in bringing down the 10 planes that they had planned to bring down.

People better start to take this muslim terrorism seriously because Hawaii, more than many places, will be brought to her knees if they are successful.

They have already brought planes down with conventional bombs. (Pan Am Lockerbie)

They have already brought down planes with shoulder harness heat sinking missiles. (TWA 800, Siberian Airlines 1812, others in Africa)

They have probably already brought down planes with shoe bombs. (American 587)

They have already tried to bring down planes with shoe bombs. (Richard Ried)

They now have tried to bring down planes with carryon gatoraide bombs.

They will continue and soon they will be successful. Good luck Hawaii's economy which still depends mostly upon tourism.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea

They are the "Pr*cks".
                    No, those people whom you describe are blind. As for participating on this board, I haven't seen either Miulang nor Waioli Kai be blind. Time and again, Miulang has blasted extremism in the M.E. but it is disengenious to overlook all of that to convenience your point. They are opinionated. As am I. In fact, as are you. But you keep taking cheap shots at her, which belittles the very many solid opinions on these subjects that you have shared.

Own up to it and cut it out.

pax

Comment

Lot of ways to blow stuff up. Lots of ways to connect the dots. For example, some heart medication (vasodilators) can be used to make explosives.

From what is coming out of TSA, and from what I have gleaned from the MSM stream, I gotta think they foiled a plot that went something like this: Dude in 17A had A, dude in 32F had B, dude in 16D had C. Separately, they don't trigger anything in security cuz by themselves they are relatively harmless. But, when you bring them all together, you got a problem.

The electronics ban is most likely to remove the trigger.

I would rather have the TSA overreact than underreact if I was a passenger. I could give a crap about future bankruptcys and my tax dollars. I just want to live through the flight. I'll worry about the next day tomorrow.
                      You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        If the Bush administration only used those tools against terrorists, I would stand up and applaud them. But as for those "pr*icks" who draw attention to the administration's illegal activities, civil-rights violations, and refusals to follow international laws, treaties and conventions to which the United States is a signatory? I pronounce that word: "patriots."

Please provide one piece of evidence that the Bush adminstration used policies meant to fight terrorism against a U.S. citizen. (and please don't say Jose Padilla).

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K
                          Hopefully, the TSA will relax some of the rules. Otherwise, I'll be using private air charters exclusively instead of commercial carriers.

http://www.bluestarjets.com/home.asp
                          It's good to be rich!

On a more serious note; thank goodness for MI5 & MI6, monitoring of international phone traffic regardless of where it originates and following the money. And, to the Pakistanis for helping out however and why that came about. Can you imagine what it would have been like if the plot had come to fruition? Maybe we should consider making those most likely to launch terrorist attacks (yes, Virginia, profiling) fly naked.

Comment

CNN's latest on today's news:
                            U.S. officials say British agent infiltrated alleged airline terror cell, and cell members met suspected Al Qaeda operative in Pakistan.

Comment

Full coverage of the investigation and raid in The Times (London).

One of the suspects apparently is a white convert to Islam.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Full coverage of the investigation and raid in The Times (London).

One of the suspects apparently is a white convert to Islam.

Miulang
                                Thanks for the link. Regarding profiling, my earlier reference left out the word 'race' precisely because while the majority of the attackers are Arab, a number are not. But they are all primarily young men and all have an allegiance to radical Islam.

Comment

Working...
                                X