No announcement yet.

Terrorist Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Terrorist Plans Stopped In TIME!!!!!

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    I wanna play. "Actionable" means "subject to prosecution under the national jurisdiction of the place where they are caught. In the case of international location, then the suspects are eligible to be extradicted to that country and tried there under that country's laws."

So if those Pakistanis were discovered out while they plotted in Berlin (for example), Germany gets to prosecute. And if the plans were to be that these suspects were going to blow up a plan travelling from U.K. to U.S. then both the U.K. and U.S. reserves the right to extradite them and prosecute according to their laws.

Isn't that how it is now?
    Of course. Still waiting on Muilang..............
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

...while slipping dem Hamiltons up that college sophmore's bikini who is dancing on a pole.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
        Let her finish her ale, first.

Comment

What Pua'i said. I only dabble in the law, and then it's health law.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            Let her finish her ale, first.
            I figure someone rang their buzzer and she is upping their meds but I am patient...........

Comment

I figure someone rang their buzzer and she is upping their meds but I am patient...........
              I am not an expert in international jurisprudence, so I will defer to Pua'i on that one. And no, Nacho, I am not a nurse.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Here's the latest info on the investigation from The Times (UK). They've arrested in Pakistan the brother of one of the suspects in London and have called him one of the key suspects in the case.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  What Pua'i said. I only dabble in the law, and then it's health law.

Miulang
                  Silly work stuff......

Ok, all answers are in.

Scenario #1- The country that the alleged terrorists are hiding in don't have an extradition treaty with the U.S. or the U.K. Nor do they have an exact crime to persecute these folks with. Something close sure, but not if they were caught in let's say Berlin.

Now what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    I am not an expert in international jurisprudence, so I will defer to Pua'i on that one. And no, Nacho, I am not a nurse.

Miulang
                    My bad...........just pictured you in scrubs.

Comment

Scenario #1- The country that the alleged terrorists are hiding in don't have an extradition treaty with the U.S. or the U.K. Nor do they have an exact crime to persecute these folks with. Something close sure, but not if they were caught in let's say Berlin.

Now what do you do?
                      Isn't that why each country sends operatives overseas to monitor and collect intel? The U.S. alone scatters the globe. Monitor until we have enough to prosecute and then move forward. Or kill 'em if we can w/o anyone catching us.
                      Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; August 11, 2006, 12:37 PM.

pax

Comment

When it comes to racism, beware of who and what you defend. Don't read one statement at a time, or listen to just the dialog, but examine the whole of a person's action. Discrimination is often subtle. We, Hawaiians and local minorities (not excluding Native American Indians), know too well what discrimination is. Hawaiian are often treated like strangers - in our own land.

Bigotry doesn't always come screaming at you Hitler style, or as obvious like 19 Muslims boarding jets with calamitous intent; prejudice can be soft, and seemingly unintended or unplanned. And hypocrites do a lot of double-talking.

If a complete stranger said to you, "hugs and sushi" or "love and kalua pig" or "kisses and aso" and that outsider assumed you were, Japanese, Hawaiian, or Filipino, it is a racist comment.

It's beyond reasonable thinking that anyone could defend, or apologize for Islamism, Iran, Syria, Hezbollah – and by extension Al Qaida and Hamas, and condemn America, the UK, Israel – and by extension Australia and Japan... Ridiculous ideology.

Dropping and pau .

Originally posted by timkona
                        I can say one thing for sure. If Kam, Levia, and I are on an airplane together, and some kooks decide to act up, I betcha we beat them into a bloody pile of death.
                        True dat! Though, I wouldn't beat them dead. I'd be afraid of falling into a "mob mentality". If I could detain the terrorist, I would, if the terrorist continued being a threat and I had no other choice, then yes, I would have to - end his/her life.

The next time ANY hijackers try for a plane, I'm betting the passengers win. I am certain to rally those around me for a good brawl.
                        Not so true_dat...
                        I'm going to post something that for years I held as extremely confidential. The only people that knew this are two that I confided in. But, this is completely on topic and I'm still wondering what I, or we, would or could do if and when confronted with a terrorist threat.

A scenario described to me a few years ago, in private chats and on the phone. Before you accuse me of not doing anything and freak on my a** I did call the FBI, they told me to call immigrations. Do you know how frustrating that was? Please read:

"...he gets up, goes to restroom, pulls packet [a balloon] from his bum [anus] ...leave it in trash...
                        "...she... takes out packet [balloon out of her anus]... the charge in her bra or genital canal...

Left out a lot, don't need to get anymore graphic.

This creep-idiot told me that when he gets here, (said Michigan specifically) he would visit Disneyland, too. Said he loves Disneyland, since he was a little boy he's always dreamed of Disneyland.

And then the idiot said, "disneyland is owned by them"
                        I asked, "who???"
                        He said "the… evil… jews." (Like even typing "Jew" is vile to him, he used other adjectives too.)

I said, "children and families go there [Disneyland]"
                        He said - quote - "but they are only jews." Meaning, only Jewish families go to Disneyland.
                        This idiot was born and raised in Jordan, called himself a Palestinian (?!?), but lived in the UAE.

He ALSO once said "notice there were no jews in the buildings [?]" Meaning 9/11 - Twin Towers.

Immigrations said they couldn’t do anything until this person and his 3 friends, come to the US. I stopped corresponding with the Jordanian – he made me sick, too angry – he was the most brainwashed of all. Feeling disgusted that I even talked with him.

What do we do, when we don’t even know the person sitting next to us is about to commit murder – mass murder? My opinion – nothing. We can’t do a damned thing when the threat is already there. I do know we have to understand our enemy, know what they think, how they think. Who is the enemy?
                        MEMRI TV:Middle East Media Research Institute
                        Jihad Watch
                        Amil Imani's Website

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                          Isn't that why each country sends operatives overseas to monitor and collect intel? The U.S. alone scatters the globe. Monitor until we have enough to prosecute and then move forward. Or kill 'em if we can w/o anyone catching us.
                          Since I started this with Muilang, I will wait for her answer and I HOPE she does not defer to you again.

Comment

Those darn Christians in their trenchcoats walking into a coffee shop while I'm trying to sip my cup of Kona, and blowing the place up, really aggravate me.

Golly, I am astonished at some of the postings here today and yesterday. The utopian naivite is pretty damned scary. Almost as scary as Islam.
                            I am astonished that you are astonished. Those darn Christians do walk into abortion clinics and blow up innocent people, including the fetuses they care so much about. Lebanese children, fetuses, whatever... If they are harboring terrorists, they're just collateral damage.

Comment

Silly work stuff......

Ok, all answers are in.

Now what do you do?
                              As Pua'i says, we have "understandings" with governments with whom we don't have extradition agreements..an "exchange of intelligence" as it were. In those countries with whom we are not speaking officially, we try to insert "spies" or "informants" to gather the intell. Sometimes, we use "subterfuge" (i.e., political assassinations) to get rid of a problem before it manifests itself in lethal ways.

The sad thing is, due to our foreign policies right now, not many governments are inclined to be helpful to us unless they get something in return (i.e., Pakistan, which harbors many international terrorists and is a training ground for terrorists). I think in the past, our government has been able to cajole some governments into revising their laws to accommodate us. But with our credibility in tatters around the world, I don't think we could count on that any longer. So bring on da spies, use entrapment to lure those terrorists into a country where we do have extradition agreements and then nail 'em and bring 'em back here to be tried.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Mahi Waina
                                If Israel thinks it's ok to kill civilians in Lebanon, because they are not standing up to Hezbollah infiltrators, then why shouldn't Al Qaeda think it's ok to kill civilians in the U.S. because we are not standing up to Corporate Global fascists.
                                Israel doesn't think the death of innocent people is "ok", on Lebanon's side, or Israel's side. That was a very uninformed and lop-sided statement.

Hezbollah lives in Lebanon, hide behind women and children, don't wear uniforms. Hezbollah struck Israel, is an extension of the Lebanon PLO. Al Qaida is not murdering innocent people beacuse of any country's policy, they are murdering innocent people for their prophet and god.
                                If you look at only todays "news" and bias, and don't look deep into historical events, you will never - ever - understand.

Who is the "enemy"?
                                MEMRI TV:Middle East Media Research Institute
                                Jihad Watch
                                Amil Imani's Website

Comment

Working...
                                X