Iraq War Called Illegal by Lt. Watada - Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iraq War Called Illegal by Lt. Watada - Chapter 2

If Bush was serious about addressing the terrorist threat, he would have sent our Armed Forces to Pakistan instead of Iraq.

American Troops are in Iraq to protect American interests, and I don't believe that terrorism was the deciding factor.
    Last edited by Keanu; October 6, 2007, 12:16 PM.

Comment

If I’m reading this right, the Honolulu Star-Bulletin is reporting that the judge’s stay will mean Lt. Watada's new trial will not begin until at least October 29th. That’s assuming that U.S. District Judge Benjamin Settle rules against him. If not, looks like Ehren is a free man.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

kaput, pau, over , Re: Iraq War Called Illegal by Lt. Watada - Chapter 2

\quote+TuNnL== " If I’m reading this right, the Honolulu Star-Bulletin is reporting that the judge’s stay will mean Lt. Watada's new trial will not begin until at least October 29th. That’s assuming that U.S. District Judge Benjamin Settle rules against him. If not, looks like Ehren is a free man. " == \quote
        Bush should be at The Hague and Cheney should be spending his last weeks on Earth sitting in Saddam Hussein's death-cell before going to the same death-room as Saddam with both Shia and Sunni Iraqi in majority attendance.

Ehren Watada and his supporters should be receiving the Nobel Prize for Peace and U.S. Elections in 2008 cancelled and be dedicated to the election of Peace:Not US:not the U.S.:Not the United States....but something far better, more promising, not corporatUSt$, not militarUSt$, not hypocritUSt$, but kaput, pau, over all fascUSt facets of terrorUSt$.
        Last edited by waioli kai; October 8, 2007, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Poisons for Assassinations , Re: Iraq War Called Illegal by Lt. Watada - Chapter 2

thought you would be interested in this story: NPR : US Considered
          Poisons for Assassinations
          [*]http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...093889&sc=emaf
          This message was included:

Radiation assassUSnation/warfare

*Listen to this story*
          Last edited by waioli kai; October 8, 2007, 05:57 PM. Reason: ?? Poisons for Peace ??

Comment

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
            \quote+TuNnL== " If I’m reading this right, the Honolulu Star-Bulletin is reporting that the judge’s stay will mean Lt. Watada's new trial will not begin until at least October 29th. That’s assuming that U.S. District Judge Benjamin Settle rules against him. If not, looks like Ehren is a free man. " == \quote
            Bush should be at The Hague and Cheney should be spending his last weeks on Earth sitting in Saddam Hussein's death-cell before going to the same death-room as Saddam with both Shia and Sunni Iraqi in majority attendance.
            Is the above a THREAT to the President of The United States?

You got some nerve.

Freedom of Speech is one thing. To wish death upon our President is naliz. (The word I want to use can not be used on this Forum.)

Auntie Lynn

BTW: I hope the FBI come after your silly ARSE!
            Last edited by 1stwahine; October 8, 2007, 05:35 PM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This post has/is changing because I'm in the process of filling up the space with somthing topical
              The only "topical" thing you got to add is Virtual Listerine Mouthwash!

Comment

kaput, pau, over , Re: Iraq War Called Illegal

. Re:kaput, pau, over , Re: Iraq War Called Illegal
                Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Is the above a THREAT to the President of The United States?

You got some nerve.

Freedom of Speech is one thing. To wish death upon our President is naliz. (The word I want to use can not be used on this Forum.)

Auntie Lynn

BTW: I hope the FBI come after your silly ARSE!
                "To wish death upon our President is naliz." What are you talking about? Where did I say or ever even mean that? I said Bush should be at The Hague. I am far more interested in Bush telling the truth for as long as he can breath after he resigns his Presidency sans Cheney. Keep him alive as long as we can is what I want. Let him live the rest of his life (incarcerated, essentially, for his own protection) outside Waco, Texas. I'd love to visit and talk story with him someday,,, think the FBI could speed that up? including his resignation prior to going to The Hague, but after Cheney meets His hangman?
                Last edited by waioli kai; October 8, 2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Re: kaput, pau, over , Re: Iraq War Called Illegal

."To wish death upon our President is naliz." What are you talking about? Where did I say or ever even mean that? I said Bush should be at The Hague.
                  My Bad. I see it clearly now. Das wat you get foa mixing up fonts and whateva's! No can see good. All kapakahi!

Carry on.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

My Bad. I see it clearly now. Das wat you get foa mixing up fonts and whateva's! No can see good. All kapakahi!

Carry on.

Auntie Lynn
                    Thanks Auntie. Good to imagine we could party...and party,,,and still party without running out of patience with one another.

Comment

Thanks Auntie. Good to imagine we could party...and party,,,and still party without running out of patience with one another.
                      It's all good. We have our opinions on issues which is good.

So...let's DANCE!

HAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Das wat you get foa mixing up fonts and whateva's! No can see good. All kapakahi!
                        If you have trouble with WK's posts, just think of them as mixed-media or multimedia performance art pieces; then you'll have no trouble with them, and the messages come through clearer (or maybe it's just my own lolo kapakahi that understands.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          If you have trouble with WK's posts, just think of them as mixed-media or multimedia performance art pieces; then you'll have no trouble with them, and the messages come through clearer (or maybe it's just my own lolo kapakahi that understands.)
                          heheheh

I use to think he's Nuts but the fact is he's "NOT!" He's Intelligent! Most of the times misunderstood like me. How I wish he would use regular size fonts and sizes when he types but to each his own. We are individuals with different styles and taste...just like opinions!

Love and ALOHA!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

The Nation has published a really good article on what is at stake in the Watada trial. Some thought-provoking perspective in this nearly 2-year-old saga.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

So, now that it is clear that bumbling Bush has no idea how to stop global terrorism, he's sic'ed the federal government on Watada because Watada refused to be part of Bush's failed anti-terrorism effort in Iraq?

Does ANYONE really know what any of those benchmarks are that determine our success in Iraq, anyway?
                              ...and don't respond with some after-the-fact garbage. I want to know where we are supposed to be in the next 9 months.

The people in charge of this mess do not have a clue what they doing, and don't even have a basic understanding of who they are dealing with.

[Former Ambassador to Croatia Peter Galbraith is claiming President George W. Bush was unaware that there were two major sects of Islam just two months before the President ordered troops to invade Iraq]
                              http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Am...Bush_0804.html

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2006/12/post_41.html

[In an interview with Congressional Quarterly, Rep. Silvestre Reyes, D-Texas, to head the House Intelligence Committee, fumbled basic questions about Middle East groups. He didn't know that al-Qaeda is a Sunni (not a Shiite) Muslim terrorist group. And he couldn't describe Hezbollah, the powerful Iran-backed militant and political group that fought a month-long war with Israel in southern Lebanon this summer and is thought to have been behind the 1983 Beirut bombing that killed 241 Americans.

Reyes, a member of the intelligence panel for almost six years, isn't the only U.S. official ignorant of the basics. Earlier interviews by the same CQ reporter revealed that the chief of the FBI's national security branch and two Republicans on the intelligence committee were also confused about the difference between the Sunnis and the Shiites.]

...and now, this:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/...nce/index.html

[House Democratic leaders are proposing a new version of the government's eavesdropping program with more court oversight than provided in the Protect America Act. The president said that "would take us backward."

The 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act governs when the government must seek court permission to eavesdrop. The law generally prohibited surveillance inside the United States unless it was approved by a court.

The act passed in August allowed the government to eavesdrop without a court order even when the communications came through U.S. communications companies. Civil liberties advocates criticized that bill, saying it gave too much power to the government to eavesdrop on Americans without court permission.

Bush said his administration needs the tools authorized by the bill to fight terrorists.]

While Bush is busy trying to steamroll soviet-style eavesdropping measures over the people of the United States, it also appears that he wants to remove their right to protection from perpetual prosecution under the 5th Amendment.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20071029/brecher_smith

[The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution states that no person shall be "subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb." As the Supreme Court explained in a seminal 1978 double jeopardy case, United States v. Scott, "The underlying idea, one that is deeply ingrained in at least the Anglo-American system of jurisprudence, is that the State with all its resources and power should not be allowed to make repeated attempts to convict an individual for an alleged offence."
                              Like the erosion of the right to habeas corpus, the denial of the protection against double jeopardy represents one more Bush-era encroachment of the all-powerful state on basic human rights and the rule of law.]

So Bush’s REAL legacy is threefold:

1.) Undermining American manufacturing and service industries by facilitating corporate outsourcing of American jobs to foreign labor markets.

2.) Government benefits and giveaways to illegal aliens paid for by the American People. (Amnesty for ALL, Free tacos for everyone!)

3.) Getting the US caught up in another quagmire without maintaining any definitive plan on how to combat global terrorism, and pushing the American People toward soviet-style central control by diminishing their rights.
                              Last edited by woodman; October 13, 2007, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Hmmm... for those wondering what’s been going on with Lt. Watada’s appeal: more delays.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X