No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Don't let people stick needles in your foot!
    The pain is so great at times, I will try anything.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Yep. I recommend that you use the teeniest tiniest needles known to mankind!
    The teeniset tiniest needles and a pillow in my mouth to lessen the sound of my screams!

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    Rotate cold and heat (about five minutes each) for a day or so when ever you can. Then when you can tolerate pressure on the bottom of your foot, get a golf ball, put it on the floor and then while sitting roll your foot toe to heel/up and down on the golf ball. It'll massage your metatarsal arch for you and relax the muscles in the foot.
    Mahalo Peshkwe!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Karen Tan, N.D. on Ward Ave. near Auahi St.
    Also, Dr. Laurie Steelsmith was recommended. And of course, several Chinese Acupuncturists in Chinatown.

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Over the last 10+ years, I've had a condition called "Plantar Fascitis" (don't know if I spelled it right). It's very painful and painkillers don't always help. It's worse in the mornings when you first get out of bed because the muscle under the foot tends to tighten up during the night. It takes a while for it to stretch out again.
    Das da one!! Plantar Fasciitis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

"Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition of the foot caused by excessive wear to the plantar fascia that supports the arch or by biomechanical faults that cause abnormal pronation.[1] The pain usually is felt on the underside of the heel, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. It is commonly associated with long periods of weight bearing or sudden changes in weight bearing or activity. Obesity, weight gain, jobs that require a lot of walking on hard surfaces, shoes with little or no arch support, and inactivity are also associated with the condition.

Plantar fasciitis was formerly called "a dog's heel" in the United Kingdom. It is sometimes known as "flip-flop disease" among US podiatrists. The condition often results in a heel spur on the calcaneus, in which case it is the underlying condition, and not the spur itself, which produces the pain.[1]"

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aunty in time the pain will go away. I think because you started campaiging you are on your feet more than usual and that may be what caused it. I had the problem when I first started taking walks for exercise and know the pain you are talking about. Try putting a golf ball under your heel and while putting as much pressure as you can stand, roll your heel around the ball. Before getting out of bed "stretch your sole" as if you had cramps in your calf, that helps a little bit. Other than that there really isn't much you can do except wait until that tendon stretches out. Good Luck with that and your campaign.

Comment

Over the last 10+ years, I've had a condition called "Plantar Fascitis" (don't know if I spelled it right). It's very painful and painkillers don't always help. It's worse in the mornings when you first get out of bed because the muscle under the foot tends to tighten up during the night. It takes a while for it to stretch out again. My Dr. suggested that I not go barefoot anymore. So now, I wear slippers inside & out! Not fun, but it helps. and keeping your foot elevated when you sleep does help..........sometimes.
        Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Das da one!! Plantar Fasciitis
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis
        Ah - unfortunately, I also know it well. The condition comes and goes; it bothers me for about a year at a time, then goes away for about a year. Been happening for about six or seven years for me, and the AF has started to suffer from it in the past year, too.

We've heard the same advice that anapuni808 gave - don't go without footwear as you walk around the house. I imagine that would be a tough adjustment for many folks in Hawai`i.

Comment

Ahh!! Ok, the golf ball massage will still help loads to keep the arch and plantar tendons flexible.

Here's some more info on it:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pla...ciitis/DS00508

When I had to get surgery on my foot for a joint mouse (chip of bone cracked off and fell in the main joint of my big toe effectively locking it up), the podiatrist freaked at how flat footed I was and gave me exercises to do to keep from getting that.

Basically you do something similar to a lunge but with your toe on a book about an inch or two thick. The idea is to stretch the heel tendon rather than work the quads so you are allowed to use a wall or sturdy table or chair for support. You want to have your toe on the book and lean forward bending the opposite leg in order to stretch the heel and slowly bring the toe as close to your shin as you comfortably can and hold it for a five count, then slowly release.

Another you can do is to butt your toes up against a step so the toes are bent up and then do the heel stretch, but that one is a bit more strenuous than the heel stretch alone and might be better once the pain has gone away.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
            Aunty in time the pain will go away. I think because you started campaigning you are on your feet more than usual and that may be what caused it.
            Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Ah - unfortunately, I also know it well. The condition comes and goes; it bothers me for about a year at a time, then goes away for about a year.
            Ahh!! Ok, the golf ball massage will still help loads to keep the arch and plantar tendons flexible...
            The pain is still acute. Tender to touch. I tried to massage and had PK massage it too. Dang foot still hurts. In time it will get better. My hale is my kingdom. I can scream, cry, bitxh ( ), wateva's, etc. Nobody going say nuttin. Den again...dey might call 911 and report a Domestic.

Domestic Abuse to my Foot! ha ha ha

At least I still have my humor.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

P.S. I need assistance in passing out my brochures. Please PM me or call me at (808) 847-2221.

Comment

The pain is still acute. Tender to touch. I tried to massage and had PK massage it too. Dang foot still hurts. In time it will get better. My hale is my kingdom. I can scream, cry, bitxh ( ), wateva's, etc. Nobody going say nuttin. Den again...dey might call 911 and report a Domestic.

Domestic Abuse to my Foot! ha ha ha

At least I still have my humor.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

P.S. I need assistance in passing out my brochures. Please PM me or call me at (808) 847-2221.

sorry i can't help you pass out your brochures.

scream, cry and b!@#$% all you want. just don't let pk get a hold of that pillow you mentioned in your post #91 ;P
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                sorry i can't help you pass out your brochures.

scream, cry and b!@#$% all you want. just don't let pk get a hold of that pillow you mentioned in your post #91 ;P
                heheheh...heheheh...

Robin called as soon as I posted my request for assistance. I met him across of Lanikila Elementary School. A handsome young Filipino Nurse who resides in Kalihi. He took a doz. signs and told me "Many are supporting you!". I gave him t-shirts and told him Salamat po.

It goes to show, the Internet is POWERFUL! HawaiiThreads.com reaches a lot of Voters!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I'd pass some out!

Don't think it'd do any good in Michigan tho.

Epsom salts soaks will help some too.

Comment

I'd pass some out!Epsom salts soaks will help some too.
                    Thanks for the thought.

There was heavy pounding on my front door!

Antonio and I looked at each other.

As I wobbled to the door to open it...I stopped.

Whose pounding and what the hell is going on.

I opened the door.

It was my neighbor's nephew. Big guy.

"My aunty wants you NOW!"

I rushed over. She was perspiring and having difficulty breathing. I didn't need to ask. I dialed 911 and calmly told the operator. The firemen and ambulance crew came within minutes. Bravo!! The 911 operator was awesome.

She was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

What an exciting day...but my foot still moomoo!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

• Re: Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Well sit your behind down and put moomoo out to pasture for the afternoon.

Comment

Well sit your behind down and put moomoo out to pasture for the afternoon.
                        Hui! Peshkwe....sending you a PM and a pic.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hui! Peshkwe....sending you a PM and a pic.

Auntie Lynn
                          MOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!

Comment

Lynn - very seriously here - not going barefoot DOES really help. its hard to get used to but it does make a difference. also, dr. said to not wear rubber slippers - make sure i had something with a small heel on it. thats because it keeps your heel elevated and keeps the muscle under the foot stretched out.

and i was diagnosed with a heel spur (saw it on the xray) which apparently pokes the muscle & causes the inflamation that causes the pain. it's a vicious circle!
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Lynn - very seriously here - not going barefoot DOES really help. its hard to get used to but it does make a difference. also, dr. said to not wear rubber slippers - make sure i had something with a small heel on it. thats because it keeps your heel elevated and keeps the muscle under the foot stretched out.
                              The AF bought a pair of Crocs specifically for this purpose. (Actually, they were a cheaper store brand, not actual Crocs, but the same design --- I call 'em Croc-Offs.)

Comment

Lynn - very seriously here - not going barefoot DOES really help. its hard to get used to but it does make a difference. also, dr. said to not wear rubber slippers -
                                Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                The AF bought a pair of Crocs specifically for this purpose. (Actually, they were a cheaper store brand, not actual Crocs, but the same design --- I call 'em Croc-Offs.)
                                Wearing slippahs in my hale is humbug but I'm doing it. Still wobbling and still saying "Oweeeeee! Oweeeeee!" Nobody pays attention any moa. Not even Antonio and Kiana.

I wear Pink Crocs when I'm out sign waving. Upon going to the doctor she saw it and told me to insert one of those foot thingys for more support. It does help. Looks moa ugly but who cares. ha ha ha

Happy First Friday!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X