No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    I wear Pink Crocs when I'm out sign waving. Upon going to the doctor she saw it and told me to insert one of those foot thingys for more support. It does help. Looks moa ugly but who cares. ha ha ha
    ...especially if it helps to relieve the pain!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      ...especially if it helps to relieve the pain!
      Absolutely!!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Absolutely!!
        So what, LYNN? WHERE'D YOU HAVE LUNCH TODAY? I heard you had lunch with the person who sits at the next desk over while I'm here working my OKOLE off!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Lynn, sorry to hear about your foot. I seem to have the same problem - not as bad as yours though. Just when I first wake up. I had no idea so many had the same problem. I really liked the golf ball suggestion. I didn't have a golf ball, so I used a baseball. It really helped. Even with the wrong ball. I don't know if I can bring myself to where shoes inside. Or to stay away from my rubber slippers . I hate shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            So what, LYNN? WHERE'D YOU HAVE LUNCH TODAY? I heard you had lunch with the person who sits at the next desk over while I'm here working my OKOLE off!
            Ahhhhh...hahahaha....

Small world...indeed.

I was wobbling to Kakaako Kitchen. My first time there. I saw my friend, Laurie C. and her co-worker. Sat down and talked story. Found out you sit next to her at work. heheheh

Had a meeting with my campaign manager. I ordered the Mahi Mahi Sandwich w/Taro Bun. Onolicious. And drank iced-tea.

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
            Lynn, sorry to hear about your foot. I seem to have the same problem - not as bad as yours though.
            Pain is PAIN.

The worst part is getting up. It's like a cramp x 10. I find myself waking up periodically, massaging or moving my foot back and forth. But by doing it, I'm not getting a rested sleep.

Damn if I do. Damn if I don't.

I got to lose weight.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Dr Scholes has clear insole out for use with sandals and high heels so they don't look so doofy in the shoe if your foot shifts. Those might be good stuck on slippers with some double sticky tape.

Comment

Best of luck to Aunty Pupule! I hope she wins the election and shows Hawai'i's politicians how it's done.
                Last edited by Vanguard; September 5, 2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I wear Pink Crocs when I'm out sign waving. Upon going to the doctor she saw it and told me to insert one of those foot thingys for more support. It does help. Looks moa ugly but who cares. ha ha ha

Happy First Friday!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

I didn't think you could make Crocs MORE Ugly than they already are! Mine are kind of a sage green & i only wear them around the house.

I just moved & my floors are this lovely cool ceramic tile so i started going barefoot again (cause it feels so good). Sure enough, within a couple weeks - my feet started hurting again so I'm back to my Crocs
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    I just moved & my floors are this lovely cool ceramic tile so i started going barefoot again (cause it feels so good). Sure enough, within a couple weeks - my feet started hurting again so I'm back to my Crocs

ya know, ya think i would learn about not going barefooted on our all tile hale. even at our kapolei home that has tile on the first floor and pergo laminate on the second, i have to wear house slippahs. it has been so hot these last several days and i thought that the tile would help to cool off da feet. mind you, i didn't last long. i don't have foot pain, but ankle pain/strain.

hope everyone's feeling/getting better and wear your slippahs!
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Even though it's Hawaii, if you have nice tile floor in the house you live in, you really need to support your feet and legs with a good pair of slippers. I've had plantar fasciatis (sp?) and that was part of the reason why. Cool tile floors are nice, I agree, but you have to have indoor shoes to go with them!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I've found those "Fit Flops" really help inside on tile floors which we have in
                        the kitchen. Actually they work well on the carpet too. My hips hurt all the time and the support really helps. I've had bouts with foot problems and as everyone knows they are a real pain! Another good shoe is the Dansko clog
                        either open or closed back. I wore them when I worked and they helped on the salesfloors which were mostly hard material and sometimes even concrete. I have a pair just for cooking in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                          Best of luck to Aunty Pupule! I hope she wins the election and shows Hawai'i's politicians how it's done.
                          Just finished with the Democratic Region IV Meeting at HSTA Building. The Mayoral Candidates went first. George Nitta, Council Member Ann Kobayashi, Professor Panos and Mayor Mufi. Then it was Council Member Romy Cachola, Rep. John Mizuno and I. The hot topic ~ Transportation. Specifically, Rail Transit.

Neba mind what the mayoral candidates said. Same ting.

My opponent said his "Salt Lake Spur" was based on 122 people who took a poll.

I answered "Mr. Cachola wrote an Editorial in January 2007 in the StarBulletin which describes the amount of residents at being 70,000 - 80,000. And he based his decision on 122 people? "
                          http://starbulletin.com/2007/01/09/e...mmentary2.html

"Between 70,000 and 80,000 residents live along a 4-mile stretch of Salt Lake Boulevard, which includes the communities of Salt Lake, Aliamanu, Foster Village and Lower Halawa-Stadium. Approximately 50,000 alone live in the Salt Lake area. These numbers represent an established ridership base.

The Salt Lake community is solidly behind the proposed use of Salt Lake Boulevard. After Mayor Mufi Hannemann encouraged Salt Lake residents to speak out on this matter, I received 122 responses to letters sent by my colleague state Sen. Norman Sakamoto. Of that amount, 117 favored the Salt Lake alignment, three preferred the airport, one opposed fixed guideway and one was left blank. If this is not a strong indication of the community's sentiments, then I don't know what is." (cough,cough)

I've talked to my constituents in the area. Many are angry.

Speaking was made easy with the assistance of Rep. Mizuno. Of course, I had friends in the audience. Matt Lum, my Campaign Manager, Tony Gill, Moderator, Manong Ted Mina, da odda Ted, Flo and Peter from Democratic Headquarters.

I also talked about the issues on my platform.

Public Safety and Crime Prevention and Homelessness.

Time to rest. I'll be going to Taste of Kalihi when PK comes home.

Electric Slide starts at 7:30 p.m.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 6, 2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

The Taste of Kalihi was a SUCCESS!

The Filipino Chamber of Commerce did an awesome job once again. Businesses, organizations, schools, entertainers, etc. combined their efforts to make it all happen.

Food Booths from one end to the other. So much to choose from. We decided on Fried Pork, Kalbil, Pancit and Rice. We sat in front of the Food Land Stage. The announcer called Rep. Joey Manahan to the stage. He asked him to picked an assistant to help with the cooking contest. Joey didn't look far, he smiled at me and called out my name.

"Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna, NB Member who is running for City Council - District 7!"

We were given Opaa (Big hunk of fish) and the use of vegetables and seasonings. Time 35 minutes.

It was FuN to cook and watching everyone from the stage! heheheh

The Electric Slide was electrifying!! Over 1,100 people. I took part in it. PK watched from his chair. ha ha ha

The best that happened ~ We were walking to our car. A woman stopped me and handed me a flyer. Not just any woman. I quickly gazed at the paper and told her "I no can, I'm sickly." She replied "It's for my Sister."

She captured my heart.

I found myself filling out a form to donate marrow. The test was easy. No pokes. Four q-tip swabs to swipe in da mouth. No pain at all. And if I past, what an honor it will be for me...to SAVE A LIFE!!

Love and Aloha,

Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; September 7, 2008, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Ho auntie, I was in Kalihi yesterday and saw your signs in some yards around Ahuula Street.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                                Ho auntie, I was in Kalihi yesterday and saw your signs in some yards around Ahuula Street.
                                Mike, get signs all ova District 7. Alas, some have been vandalized, stolen and whateva's it's ok.

Da main ting, Please Vote for Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna!
                                http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com//c...ndidate/WEV492

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X