Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auntie Lynn For Governor!!! Lets get behind her!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Auntie Lynn For Governor!!! Lets get behind her!

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    I hate to say it madazza... I myself have learned more about Auntie in her writings and her blogs in the last 3 months... than I have learned about Lingle the entire time she has been in office. She never said she was a saint... she does however prove herself as having much compassion... unlike many of the self-serving politicians that we have now.

Public Service here in Hawaii is a Joke... if not Criminal.

Renee Mansho, Galen Fox, Dalton Takamine, Bev Harbin, the whole Harris Campaign.

" Lingle herself was convicted of criminal contempt of court in 1979 after a bench warrant was issued for her to appear in court on Molokai." http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/06/news/story02.html

Lets Back Auntie... Do you think Jesse the Body Ventura had much experience in public service???? Or is Pro Wrestling considered a Public Service?
    Thank you soooo much manoasurfer123!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      As a friend, I would have hope a more positive reaction from you. I guess, I can't expect to please everybody with my sincerity to run for Governor. However, I will continue to be who I am and anyone who supports me, I will thank them from the bottom of my heart. I hope you can respect their decision too.
      Auntie, I hope you recognize that MadAzza isn't just trying to deflate your balloon - she's taking this as seriously as everyone should. It isn't about friendship; it's about governing the State of Hawai`i, not a job that you or anyone should take lightly.
      If you are making a serious run (or even just hoping to get some issues aired), then you need to put together a team that will assist you in getting your message out to the people. One of the first things you'll have to do is think about a wide range of issues, and determine your stands on them. Maddie, Blaine, and others on HT work in the media - we/they know that you will be facing some very tough audiences, and some of your past experiences may come to your aid - but running a serious political campaign is a very nasty job. Put on your thickest skin, darlin', and get ready to dodge the dirt!

Comment

Mahalo Leo! My Team Leader is God! I have the Armor of the Lord on. As for a team of people for my "campaign" to advise me and whatever's...I am in the process of selecting a top notch crew I believe in!

Auntie Lynn

P.S. I wonder if they play Mud Ball? hahahaha
        Last edited by 1stwahine; January 10, 2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

My Team Leader is God! I have the Armor of the Lord on. As for a team of people for my "campaign" to advise me and whatever's...I am in the process of selecting a top notch crew I believe in!
          OK - as long as they have plenty of "earthly" experience. From the Mainland, I can only wish you well. This campaign will be very hard on you, so keep your meds on track, use all your survival skills, and keep your (in-)sanity intact. And keep us informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            OK - as long as they have plenty of "earthly" experience. From the Mainland, I can only wish you well. This campaign will be very hard on you, so keep your meds on track, use all your survival skills, and keep your (in-)sanity intact. And keep us informed.
            Big Mahalo Leo & to all the Gang there!

...I won't be using the term, "whack whack" for a long time.

I have to tone down my uhh, actions. Mr. and Mrs. Public Q not going undastand. An edumacated Antie pUpULE has awaken!!!!

hAVA A GREAT DAY! It's my B.D. Week! Everybody be HAPPY!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Lets Back Auntie... Do you think Jesse the Body Ventura had much experience in public service???? Or is Pro Wrestling considered a Public Service?
              Where did I say I supported Jesse Ventura?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                But "the people" don't want change. They demonstrate so, That's why most of this "change, change, change" talk just makes me laugh.
                I'd better avoid this thread from now on. It's just going to aggravate me.
                hmmmm....welcome back Maddie!

Lynn

Comment

Where did I say I supported Jesse Ventura?
                  I didn't say you supported Jesse Ventura.

What I was attempting to comment on is that you don't have to have Public Service under your belt to run.

Madazza...what you did say is "I take my vote damned seriously, and it angers me that my vote, which I think very carefully about and treat as a near-sacred thing, is going to be offset by someone blindly voting for an Internet buddy with no public service experience and whose positions on the issues of today, the vital concerns facing us all, are unknown. Damn right it pisses me off. How can people be so naive about a basic American right that so many have shed blood for? "

With the negative attitude you are giving auntie about her run for gov...I personally think that off setting your vote will be a good thing! LMAO

I honestly think that people will vote for who there Heart is for... I don't think there is anything naive about voting for someone whom you have only met through the internet.

I've never met Lingle.... and she certainly has never responded directly to any of my questions...(Well - Now that I think about it... I've never asked her...Never needed too.... Maybe with Auntie as Gov... we will have someone who will listen to the people and respond.)

Comment

I'm not turning Public Service into a Joke, Maddie. It is my right as an American citizen to run for an elective office. My kids fight for Freedom. I, too, believe in the American Way and our Laws. It will take more than your abusive remarks and whatever you dish out to me to make me mad. It is your right also.

The way I stand on issues is not even on the tables yet. Some is already known here on HT. Yet, you cut me down before I even voice out my opinions verbally on record.

Yes, I made a statement earlier which I did correct by saying that I was mistaken thanks to you. Still, you bring it up in my face. I expect that to be the norm as I go full speed ahead in my bid for Public Office. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to what it's going to be like with all the vultures out there.

I am ready. I am strong. I don't back down from a fight!

Lynn Vasquez

I did not "cut you down," nor did I make "abusive remarks." That is patently absurd. Unless, of course, you think that anyone asking you specific questions about how you would govern is "abusive."

If I am cutting anyone down, it is those who claim they will vote for you without knowing where you stand on anything and, more important, how you would govern. The day-to-day how, not the fun, "look at me, I'm Auntie Pupule, smile for the camera!" part. That's a very small part of the job.

I asked you how you would control the movement of U.S. troops. I'm still waiting for the answer. If you are going to make those kinds of promises, you have to be able to back them up with action, and with specific answers about how you would do that which is not in the governor's power. If you cannot or do not answer, you are making a mockery of the democratic process.

If you think that's "cutting you down," you are going to be a real mess by the time your campaign hits the public (outside of HT). I'm giving you a small hint of what you face: legitimate questions and honest criticism. Instead of crying about how "abusive" I am, I suggest you stand up straight, take a breath and answer the questions. Starting with the one about the National Guard.

Comment

hmmmm....welcome back Maddie!

Lynn
                      Heh ... I just couldn't stay away!

Auntie, I hope you know I like you. I hope to see you on your birthday this weekend, unless you don't want me to now.

OK, now I will go away, at least for a while. I'm supposed to be working, anyway!

Comment

Do you think Jesse the Body Ventura had much experience in public service???? Or is Pro Wrestling considered a Public Service?
                        Last I checked with my friends in Minnesota, they feel Ventura did a horrible job, and the state is still reeling from the effects of a Governor who failed to cooperate with other branches of state government; much as California is now discovering with Ah-nold.

Comment

I'm supposed to be working, anyway!
                          Shush, girl --- me too!

Comment

Heh ... I just couldn't stay away!

Auntie, I hope you know I like you. I hope to see you on your birthday this weekend, unless you don't want me to now.

OK, now I will go away, at least for a while. I'm supposed to be working, anyway!
                            Eh, You and Kimo betta come!

I LOVE YOU MADDIE!

btw: das the way I going learn with friends/people who tell it like it is! No Sugar coating ~ afterall das my Style too!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                              Last I checked with my friends in Minnesota, they feel Ventura did a horrible job, and the state is still reeling from the effects of a Governor who failed to cooperate with other branches of state government; much as California is now discovering with Ah-nold.
                              Thats just exactly the point I'm trying to make....

It doesn't matter whether you have experience in Public Service or not.

The people voted Jesse in... when you checked with your friends from Minnesota... were they one of the ones that voted him in... or were they one of them that were against him in the first place.

My 1 and only friend from Minnesota who did not vote at all... said that he actually brought much needed political attention to there state.

And actually did more in office then the previous governor. (while I can't verify that being that I'm not actually from there...)

However, when I asked him about what the people of Minnesota thought of the Jesse Ventura when he was gov... he said the people of the State liked him. (yes that was a few years ago... but I had to bring that up)

Comment

when you checked with your friends from Minnesota... were they one of the ones that voted him in... or were they one of them that were against him in the first place.
                                Both kinds.

However, when I asked him about what the people of Minnesota thought of the Jesse Ventura when he was gov... he said the people of the State liked him.
                                Overall, he was considered a laughing-stock; Lynn deserves a better fate.

But I do not wish to discourage her from running - I'd rather she had an unsuccessful, but seriously respected, campaign than a successful joke one. Then, even if she fails, she still can make a difference in getting attention paid to her choices of issue - and might be more successful in future campaigns, be they gubernatorial or civic.

Comment

Working...
                                X