• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thought Provoking Op-Ed Piece in the SB

Originally posted by Aaron S
    You missed the point entirely...
    Like I mentioned already, I know there is a whole lotta things online
    with me on them. I've accepted it and have no problem with it.
    But when someone posts something relating to my family.. thats
    where it crosses the line...My dad doesn't even go online...
    What disrespect was shown your father? Clearly your father is on the internet in a manner of speaking.
    Think about it a bit longer..just imagine if you were in my shoes
    and someone did the same thing.
    I recently found a picture of my great, great, great grandfather online. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be saying things like "how do you know I'm haole". Think about it a bit longer. What makes one haole? It ain't just complexion but that can be a fairly reliable indicator of other attributes.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
      What disrespect was shown your father? Clearly your father is on the Internet in a manner of speaking.
      It wasn't a question of disrespect, but a question of privacy and relevancy.
      There was absolutely no reason he posted my dads picture on line. He could've easily found a picture of me as you easily found and I would've never said anything.

Originally posted by sinjin
      If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be saying things like "how do you know I'm haole". Think about it a bit longer. What makes one haole? It ain't just complexion but that can be a fairly reliable indicator of other attributes.
      I don't see any problem with my question. I was annoyed by Nalu's blanket assertion basing my race on my opinions. It seems you are trying to turn the
      tables on this and blame me for bringing this upon myself.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

It seems you are trying to turn the
        tables on this and blame me for bringing this upon myself.
        I have to agree with this impression.

SJ, I would be equally aghast if anyone were to use your family against you, or Jonah's family against him, as well as mine against me. (Yes, "against" can be loaded, but I am using the term in the broadest sense here).

May each of us bear our individual responsibility and leave it at that.

pax

Comment

and one more thing:

Jonah, if you leave, that is your choice and your right, but I will miss posting alongside you. I admire much of what you have to say, and have thought that you broach the stickier subjects with aplomb (this thread, of course, being the gross exception, ahem )

As someone from a family who is saddled with its own cache of interesting and notable people, I think your skin is used to be thicker on these subjects, and who would dare blame you, considering your upbringing. If this experience has given you anything, perhaps its the reminder that not everyone is used to having their family lobbed at them.

I can appreciate that.

That said, if you leave this board (dramatic music underscore starting to modulate up) you will lose out on this refreshing opportunity to post alongside a group reknown for their wit and diversity. Would you really make such a choice?

Some may call you a prince, but I regard you with the empathy and respect reserved for a fellow concerned and enlightened citizen, and think that you should take your licks with dignity--dignity of which I know you are capable.

Come back, if only to return the Ka'ai, which belongs to me (and I know you have it in your back yard).

aloha, Pua'i

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K
            Since that appears to be the "official verdict" on the situation (after a "rush to judgement"), it's probably best that I make my "vacation" permanent.

Ironically, some of my 'ohana know both of Aaron's parents and we've always thought highly of them. Unfortunately, I neglected to use the "PM function" and Aaron overreacted somewhat.

Carry on and keep the great discussions going.

Aloha,

Jonah K
            Jonah, Your insight and knowledge is needed in on this discussion board. Don't let Aaron's hissy fit keep you from posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalu
              Jonah, Your insight and knowledge is needed in on this discussion board. Don't let Aaron's hissy fit keep you from posting.
              Oh great, the "ahem" person who caused this mess by his derogatory comments.
              Just imagine if a member of your family picture was posted in thread...what would you do...I have no regrets on how I acted..not one bit frankly...
              The Kona Blog

Comment

Oh great, the "ahem" person who caused this mess by his derogatory comments.
                Just imagine if a member of your family picture was posted in thread...what would you do...I have no regrets on how I acted..not one bit frankly...

You brought this upon yourself. Grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by Nalu
                  You brought this upon yourself. Grow up!
                  Whatever troll, you don't know me...All I know is you are another ignorant local...if you don't like that assessment..tough.You started this with your bigoted comments.

Edit: If I had the choice, I'd rather have you leave,Nalu than Jonah K.
                  At least Jonah K had the heart to apologize for his mistake.
                  Last edited by Aaron S; May 3, 2006, 06:55 PM.
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

In order that you absolutely KNOW that your life is NOT private, take a cruise on Zabasearch.com. It's really great for finding old friends and learning everything there is to know about them.

I'm for keeping Jonah & Aaron

Privacy is like the buggy whip.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

• Re: Thought Provoking Op-Ed Piece in the SB

Originally posted by timkona
                      In order that you absolutely KNOW that your life is NOT private, take a cruise on Zabasearch.com. It's really great for finding old friends and learning everything there is to know about them.

I'm for keeping Jonah & Aaron

Privacy is like the buggy whip.
                      I tried your zabasearch and I couldn't find myself or my sister but I did find certain people I never thought I would ever see again That's some POWERFUL stuff man.
                      Last edited by Pedro; May 3, 2006, 08:29 PM.
                      A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Working...
                      X