• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Stuffed Breast of lamb

Simple:-

Remove the bone. Pour boiling water over a sausage to remove the skin and mash it with Paxo stuffing. Roll it in the breast of lamb and tie it with twine. Pop it in the oven. When it's roasted, I let it cool and it becomes firm enough to slice for sandwiches etc.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Rice Krispies. Dry, b/c I hate milk and refuse to drink it, even on cereal.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Polish sausage and cheese sandwiches and a mini can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    ooooh! is that what happened? when i read last night that she was at queen's ED with an ice pack on her face, i worried that some moron clocked her at work. if so, i was gonna hope she paid em back with a generous helping of whack whacks!
    Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    (and Auntie Lynn just had dental work too so she is another who probably can't eat tonite)
    Roz Caldo dis morning and Macaroni and Cheese foa dinner. Nothing tastes good. I still have fever. On antibiotics and bed rest. Root canal. I'm not afraid no moa.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Yea - I can eat again Tonite it will be pasta with Boursin cheese melted into it after cooking. Boursin makes a really great "sauce" with pasta. Doesn't take much to make a really good dish. Alas - no wine though. Antibiotics & pain killers just don't mix well with alcohol

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

chicken salsa. garlic couscous from a box. sauteed broccoli.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi,last night,we my mom and i had homemade stew which was from a catalouge on which my mom get's in the mail and this is called a quickie stew and it was good.

tonight.we're having the quickie stew leftover's on rice.

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

no dinner for me tonite - just had a tooth pulled. I'm on liquids only til tomorrow. and I"M HUNGRY!!!!
    omg! i can totally relate! many moons ago, in preparation for getting braces, i had to have six teeth pulled (big teeth + small face = bad overbite where teeth overlap = removal of one molar & two bicuspids on each side of mouth). they did one side one week, the other the next week. i was so miserable and in pain. my only two friends were tylenol with codeine and jack in a box milk shakes eaten with a straw. maybe that will soothe you somewhat until you can have more solid food?

(and Auntie Lynn just had dental work too so she is another who probably can't eat tonite)

ooooh! is that what happened? when i read last night that she was at queen's ED with an ice pack on her face, i worried that some moron clocked her at work. if so, i was gonna hope she paid em back with a generous helping of whack whacks!

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

no dinner for me tonite - just had a tooth pulled. I'm on liquids only til tomorrow. and I"M HUNGRY!!!!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Sausage and cheese sandwiches with a can of Mountain Dew. Cooking a cup of Hamburger Helper.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

last night's dinner, prepared by eric: zaru soba (eric's tsuyu is accented with wasabi, lemon chives, and green tea nori); broiled shishamo seasoned with kosher salt, ground pepper, and lime; and a simple red leaf lettuce salad dressed with olive oil & balsamic.

tonight's dinner, prepared by a bar/grill we will not name*: overly oily portuguese sausage and onion fried rice, overdone and underseasoned prime rib with fries that were not cooked in oil that was hot enough, and overpriced shrimp cocktail. the saving grace was the three bottles of newcastle we shared.

meal last night cost us less than a tenth tonight's meal, but it was a million times more enjoyable. sigh.

*won't name it bcs the cook tonight was not the usual person.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Chicken breast, marinated for about 2 hrs. in Kraft Greek Vinagrette Dressing w/Feta cheese & oregano in it. Added some dill & pepper to the marinade. It was very tasty, tender & juicy - cooked on my Cuisinart Grill. I would recommend this dressing as a marinade - it's also quite good on a salad.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Sausage and cheese sandwiches with can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

One of my cousins is home for her annual visit; she's called Seattle her "second home" for over 30 years now. Dinner last night was at Side Street Inn, one of our "must go" places when she's in town.

After a toast with everyone's beverage of choice (mine was a nice, tall Newcastle Ale on tap), our party of eight chowed down on: Garlic Edamame; Tofu w/Ponzu sauce; Caesar Salad; the famous Pork Chops; Lilikoi Ribs; Pesto-crusted Ahi; Sizzling Boneless Kalbi, and Fried Rice (of course!).

Hardly anyone had room for dessert, but a few of us had coffee and managed to share an order of the fabulous House Bread Pudding... a satisfying finish to a splendid meal!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Roast beef and turkey cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X