X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharilyn
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

tonight will be tofu-tuna patties, spam musubi, some kind of fried chicken, veggie salad. i have leftover sauce from bale, so i'll use that as dressing for the salad.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
    I am very proud of myself. I haven't been much of a cooking type, but I cooked every weekday night this week! Hamburgers on Monday, steaks on Tuesday, Mesquite maranade chicken on Wednesday, Jambalya on Thursday, and turkey bake on Friday (I found the receipe on the back of a stuffing box). So yay me...maybe I can do this housewife thing after all.

This may not sound like a big accomplishment to most of you, b/c you all always have yummy sounding dinners all the time, but for me, this is big.

I am proud of you Members here know I love to cook for my friends and family. Yet during the past few days I haven't done much cooking. I will be flying to Ireland at the unearthly hour of 6.30 a.m. Monday morning to meet some lovely Hawiian members. They Irish serve up huge portions.

So today I am having a can of tomato soup with some Ritz crackers and Craft cheese slices. (Plus a large glass of brandy to give me the courage to get on that plane,,,,,, I am the world's worst traveller.)

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

I am very proud of myself. I haven't been much of a cooking type, but I cooked every weekday night this week! Hamburgers on Monday, steaks on Tuesday, Mesquite maranade chicken on Wednesday, Jambalya on Thursday, and turkey bake on Friday (I found the receipe on the back of a stuffing box). So yay me...maybe I can do this housewife thing after all.

This may not sound like a big accomplishment to most of you, b/c you all always have yummy sounding dinners all the time, but for me, this is big.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Shrimp cup of noodles, cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

we walked from our home to have dinner somewhere in the neighborhood. won't tell you where bcs they're already having a bit of stress from the bit of media exposure they've gotten lately causing more people than they can handle coming in and being disappointed at their inability to accommodate them. i'll just say that cold, cheap beer + the best restaurant fried chicken east of KJ's + fried udon = bliss. the walk back kinda ameliorated our guilt for eating food that can exacerbate gout (not that we have gout, but we have friends who do, and our fear is to experience their misery).

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Dinner at Lulu's in Waikiki, went to listen to live music by Manoa DNA.
    Started with the Kalua Pork Spring Rolls, and the Ribeye Fajitas really rocked!
    Apple Bread Pudding a la mode was the sweet finale.
    *whew* Stuffed!

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

totino's pizza. and i made a pasta salad. fresh fruit for dessert.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi last night,we myself and my mom had my homemade vegetable stew on rice and tonight,i'll have my leftover stew on rice and my mom will have her portugese sausage with rice and we'll enjoy our dinner.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Weak chicken soup and white bread. Starvation diet until our meet up in Ireland on Monday. They don't believe in sending Yanks or Brits back home until they have put 14 pounds on each of us.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Chicken cup of noodles, bananas, water and a pouch of Capri Sun.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi,tonight we're having fried turkey and i'll have tofu and we'll also have rice with it and it'll all be good.

not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Zip Pac from Zippy's Vineyard.
    A Great deal for $6.95, using the coupon from the other thread:

Food coupon deals via the Internet

Note: the Zip Pac coupon offer is good through Thurs 7/9/09.

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

I made chicken puttanesca out of leftover spaghetti sauce and leftover grilled bbq chicken. Whole wheat pasta. Garlic bread made out of stale french bread... I think it will still be good, tho.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

I made a ginger/curried carrot soup this afternoon which will go with a
    huge salad and some Safeway Como bread. We're full of strawberries so
    I made an easy strawberry jam recipe that would be good on the bread as
    well. I spent 5 hours working in the kitchen today doing a million things
    my feet & legs are tired!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X