X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharilyn
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Last night I sprinkled chicken thighs with pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and liquid smoke.... cooked them on my indoor grill. Served with BBQ sauce and potatoes, some corn, pork and beans.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi,last night,we had flank steak fried on our frying pan with rice and a lettuce and cucumber and purple onion salad and it was good!

also i had my Diet Soda and my mom had her wine.

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

BBQ Chicken plate lunch from the L&L Hawaiian BBQ at Wal-Mart.

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Dinner last night was pork laulau (made by my Hilo cousin, it's been in the freezer since my last trip there). Lomilomi salmon, limu ahi poke and haupia from Yama's Fish Market. Hanalei Poi from Costco. Onolicious!

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied
    Re: Little Village

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    musubi, may i suggest you try the salted fish and chicken fried rice as well as the basa next time you go to little village? the combination is heavenly!
    cynsaligia, your suggestions are always welcome!
    Especially because your gastronomic recaps often have me salivating in admiration.

The other night at Little Village, there were a few constraints on what we could order, because the birthday celebrant doesn't like seafood of any sort. (And he's a local guy, born & raised... go figure!)
    So in deference to BD boy, we stayed mostly on the non-seafood side of the menu that night.
    We did, however, order the Honey Walnut Shrimp, which the rest of us enjoyed immensely.

I have had the basa before, and I agree with you - it's awesome!
    And I'll definitely check out the salted fish and the chicken fried rice on future visits. Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Mushroom chicken, fried rice, mac & cheese, corn and a Diet Coke from Lahaina Chicken Company at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Jambolaya

Asking for some help here. As a child in France, one of our neigbours was Creole from Louisiana and spoke the most unusual French I ever heared.

He would bring a pan of Jambolaya over once in a while and it was Brill. I have tried on numerous occasions to make it but mine always turns out to be like Paella.

Trying not stray off topic but any help would be gratefully received.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    A square of 70% chocolate!
    how big was the square???!!

tutusue, have you ever tried 100% chocolate? they sell it at whole foods. eric and i took one bite and spit it out. a friend of mine loves it, tho. *shrug*

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

grilled rib eye steak, garlic mashed potatoes and tried nother Pinot Noir. PKNT label - $6.99 from Chile. Not bad taste wise - I would buy it again.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

We are going to a picnic as soon as this rain goes off and I am going to bring:-

Caesar Pasta Salad

To taste:

Cooked 3 colour pasta
    Parmesan cheese
    Caesar dressing
    Bacon bits
    Red onion
    Broccoli
    Yellow peper
    Sliced black olives

No wine 'cause we are taking all the kids in a minibus and having turns to drive.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

A square of 70% chocolate!

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

musubi, may i suggest you try the salted fish and chicken fried rice as well as the basa next time you go to little village? the combination is heavenly!

dinner for eric and me was fried chicken, fried rice, and shoyu hot dog at kaimuki grill, new neighborhood spot that is side street inn-like. it's our first visit and neither eric or i were disappointed. with three coors lights, the tab was $28. i'm hoping they'll expand their hours bcs we need a good bar that serves good food in the 'hood.

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Celebrated a birthday w/ dinner @ Little Village.

We had the salt & pepper pork chops, honey walnut shrimp, beef broccoli, snow peas & mushroom stir fry, roast duck, and minute chicken w/ cake noodle. And many bowls of rice.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Reuben sandwich, curly fries and a cup of Mountain Dew from Arby's at Ala Moana Shopping Center.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Matapule is a bachelor for a couple of weeks so he went to the local resort which had a complimentary fiesta tonight. Besides the mariachi band, it was BBQ short ribes, chicken wings, chips, salsa, guacamole, and endless margaritas, champagne, wine, soft drinks. I left the staff a nice tip.

Life is good!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X