X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Friday here. So fish is traditional. Haddock, poached egg and crunchy bed. A glass of cold Country Manor goes down nicely.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Dinner from KFC with a cup of fruit punch.

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    last night,we had Leftover Rachael Ray's type of stoup which is thicker than stew and thinner than soup and we had it on rice and it was yum.
    “... thicker than stew AND thinner than soup”? That’s quite a trick, Sansei.

Tonight, for me, I’m planning to make eggplant and tofu with dried shrimp (and soaking liquid) with a little bit of oyster sauce, black bean with garlic sauce, shoyu, and a sprinkle of chili oil. Served over rice. And a glass (or two or three) of earthy chianti.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi this is sansei and tonight,we're having my homemade Turkey hot dog Vegetable stew on rice and i know it'll be yum! last night,we had Leftover Rachael Ray's type of stoup which is thicker than stew and thinner than soup and we had it on rice and it was yum.

Well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Mmmmmm - the "g" sin; you're talkin' my language.
    LOL!

tonight's dinner is typical backyard fiesta fare--

pancit, salt n pepper prawns, grilled fish (tilapia and sanma), grilled steak, pinapaitan (soup made of pork sweetbreads and offal with a bit of bile), dinardaraan (pork blood stew often featuring liver), cold green bean salad with ginger, onion and patis, and karekare (oxtail stew with greens and peanut sauce) plus a bunch of pinoy desserts.

my tongue and gut are in heaven, and my heart is full. love hanging with familia.

esp when they feed me for free. (ok, i brought good beer--sam adams summer ale)
    Last edited by cynsaligia; June 10, 2009, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Grilled steelhead trout, herbed brown rice, a green salad and iced decaf green tea...

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Ribeye steak plate dinner, fries, and a Diet Coke from the Steak and Fish Company at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Cheeseburger, fries and Diet Coke from Ruby Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    eric had the ostrich burger and i had the kobe burger--both huge, with tomato, lettuce and onion, and with a hefty serving of steak fries, from kiawe grill.

*burp*
    Mmmmmm - the "g" sin; you're talkin' my language.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

eric had the ostrich burger and i had the kobe burger--both huge, with tomato, lettuce and onion, and with a hefty serving of steak fries, from kiawe grill. they're running a special where you get a jumbo drink, fries, and one of their premium burgers (normally at least $8.50 alone) for $11.99 altogether.

*burp*

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    A pleasant dinner with a visiting friend whom I had not seen or had contact with in about thirty years. I had tortilla soup, she had chicken.
    Originally posted by Barry View Post
    Well done ! I love those kind of stories.
    Just for Barry, then:

The visiting friend was someone with whom I worked when we were both high-school students, back in Iowa. We kept some small amount of contact after leaving that employment (last time I saw her was when I made her a cassette tape of a segment from "All Things Considered," where they read a humorous political letter of hers), and she also briefly dated one of my closest friends. But, as is often the case, we lost touch with each other.

The afore-mentioned "closest friend" also lives here in Seattle now, so we see each other regularly. Unbeknownst to me, he got back in touch with her a few years ago, when she (now a Minnesotan) was here for a conference. Recently, she was back for another conference, and he suggested to her that we all reconnect for dinner. He called me up, we found one rare open spot in all our schedules, and two days later - a nice dinner was had, where we did what we could to catch up on three decades of our lives. (Her memories of activities in our collective past were a lot clearer than mine, I confess.)

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by musubi View Post
    Don't tell TATTRAT's dad! He'll mess up your GF too![...]
    Dang...I thought I was safe posting about the GF in the dinner thread!

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I highly recommend flap steak... on... the George Foreman grill
    Don't tell TATTRAT's dad! He'll mess up your GF too!

Musubi...are those steak plates any good?
    I think they use top sirloin; flavor's good, but it can be a little chewy sometimes. Also, they grill the steak medium-rare to medium... so if you like your steak rarer or more well-done than that, you're out of luck.

However, I think it's a pretty good value, considering what a plate lunch would cost at Zippy's. You get two scoops of rice, tossed salad, 8 oz. of steak, and a beverage (canned soda or passion-orange or bottled water). Exactly $6.00, tax included.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I highly recommend flap steak...marinate in some Italian dressing for about 15 min. then on to the George Foreman grill for 4 min. total (it grills both sides at the same time). Incredible flavor and quite tender, as long as it's not allowed to go beyond medium rare, or at least some pink in the middle. Pretty inexpensive, as steak goes, at Costco.

I'll have the same dinner tonight...the other half of everything I cooked last night!

Musubi...are those steak plates any good?

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Grilled flap steak (once again!), half a baked yam, half an ear of corn, green salad and a glass of wine. A little fruit salad to follow...when/if I'm hungry again! I seriously doubt, in the future, that I will buy and cook any other cut of steak but flap. Lovin' it!
    Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I want to come to YOUR house! I had left over spaghetti from last nite and NO wine, just diet coke. Boring..................
    Seriously, tutusue-- I'm with anapuni808! I had to settle for one of those $6.00 steak plates from the Blazing Steaks kiosk at Ward Gateway. With no wine, no coke, just bottled water.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X