X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankie's Market
    replied
    Re: Disappearing establishments

Looks like the economic meltdown has claimed another victim: Down To Earth's store on Makawao.

http://www.starbulletin.com/business...its_doors.html

Leave a comment:

• GeckoGeek
    replied

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    I hope someone gets some photos of it. It's the type of thing people don't think to do - until it's gone.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

Haleiwa Supermarket is closing.

Leave a comment:

• integlspwr
    replied

Farrell's looks like their going down soon.

and wendys wahiwa also?

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
    i herd Kakaako kitchen is the next one to close.
    That's too bad. However, I've heard from several friends and long-time fans of the place that the food has gone downhill lately. One friend complained that her fish dish, the one that was her fave on the menu, was very badly cooked the last time she went. Another friend noted that they were skimping on the bread on the grilled portabello mushroom sandwich, plus they were also lessening the amount of mushroom. The both noted the removal of long-time menu items. There are all usually bad signs.

Leave a comment:

• integlspwr
    replied

i herd Kakaako kitchen is the next one to close.

Leave a comment:

• integlspwr
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    When I went to the First Hawaiian Bank on Waialae Ave. I thought I saw them moved from Waialae to around the corner and across from the bank.
    oh that might be the case then. ill edit my post.

Leave a comment:

• alohacandy
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Pomai and AC are right.
    After it was Honey's (which is now at Ko`olau Golf Course) it was called The Ko`olau Ranch House and had live Hawaiian music on weekends. After that closed it became the Times Coffee Shop, and was just torn down last month and the new building will be a Central Pacific Bank.
    And AC, are you sure that Times opened in Temple Valley? I drove by a few weeks ago and it looked like they hadn't opened for business yet, even though they've had the location for several months. When I drove by there was some kind of notice on the door, but I didn't stop to see what was up.
    Yep...Times Coffee Shop is definitely open. I have walked past there but not eaten there yet. It seems like it's having steady business.

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied
    Re: It's Chili In Hawaii, move or pau?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    They are no longer in Moiliili, on King St.
    They're still alive. I think they moved to Kaimuki. Or was it in Iwilei?
    Last edited by Honoruru; February 9, 2009, 08:43 PM. Reason: Second thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
    Gecco Books in Kaimuki is no longer in business...
    When I went to the First Hawaiian Bank on Waialae Ave. I thought I saw them moved from Waialae to around the corner and across from the bank.
    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; February 9, 2009, 08:00 PM. Reason: add

Leave a comment:

• integlspwr
    replied

Gecco Books in Kaimuki is no longer in business...

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

After reading your blog, Pomai, I'm so sorry I missed the Poke Bowl. Even tho' I'd just finished dinner I started salivating over your photos!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    It's Chili In Hawaii, move or pau?

They are no longer in Moiliili, on King St.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

I just learned today from the security guard at Ward Farmer's Market that The Poke Bowl, which took a small portion of the former Tropic Fish & Vegetable market space, closed on February 2, 2009. They opened around July 2008.

WorldWideEd did a write-up on The Poke Bowl, and so did I.

Leave a comment:

• abunaitoo
    replied

After Honey's, a new shopping center was built and Farrell's opened.
    After Farrell's closed some dinning place took over, I forget the name, they didn't last to long.
    Smitty's was next, and they were there for a long time.
    After Smitty's it was Ko'olau Ranch House run by Teddy and Nancy Tanaka. Didn't last to long.
    It was then it was run by someone else with the same name. Didn't last to long.
    Times Coffee Shop was the last to be there. Was always closed.
    Bulding got knocked down last week. Suppose to be a CPB bank.
    Farrell's was good fun.
    Smitty's had good food.
    After Smitty's, everything was kaa kaa.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Pomai and AC are right.
    After it was Honey's (which is now at Ko`olau Golf Course) it was called The Ko`olau Ranch House and had live Hawaiian music on weekends. After that closed it became the Times Coffee Shop, and was just torn down last month and the new building will be a Central Pacific Bank.
    And AC, are you sure that Times opened in Temple Valley? I drove by a few weeks ago and it looked like they hadn't opened for business yet, even though they've had the location for several months. When I drove by there was some kind of notice on the door, but I didn't stop to see what was up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X