• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrs chile
    replied
    Re: It's Chili In Hawaii, move or pau?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    They are no longer in Moiliili, on King St.
    Chili in Hawaii is moving again! The Shipping Shack dude is moving, so we're "taking it on the road" so-to-speak. We'll be at the Aloha Stadium Swap meet & shows at the Blaisdell. Our next show is the Food & New Products show October 16, 17 & 18, 2009. If you want to be added to our mailing list, e-mail us chiliinhawaii@gmail.com

We thank everyone for their patronage!! See you soon!!

Mr. & Mrs. Chile

Leave a comment:

• Frankie's Market
    replied
    Re: Disappearing establishments

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    7-11 on Kinau Street and Piikoi is gone. I was wondering when this would happen with the new 7-11 just a few blocks down the road.
    Those two 7-11s were in close proximity. But with all the one way street streets in that area, both locations were attracting motorists coming from different directions. The Kinau St. store was catching a lot of drivers making a right turn from Beretania before going onto the nearby H-1 onramp. Too bad it closed. Now those same Beretania St. drivers have to make a detour to Young St. if they want to get to the King/Piikoi 7-11. Not very convenient. But maybe even 7-11 has to trim down its operations in order to cope with this economy.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    Eastside Grill has been closed for a long time - like last year?
    Shows how often I get over to that area!

Found out it closed November 2008, the same year it was voted one of the Top 3 sports bars in the Bulletin.

Aj
    Last edited by Kalihiboy; September 9, 2009, 12:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Eastside Grill has been closed for a long time - like last year?

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Did I miss this, Eastside Grill, longtime a sports bar/restaurant to hang out before, during and after UH sports is closed?? Also saw tonight Genki Sushi on Kapahulu looked closed as well. If anyone can confirm otherwise, please share your thoughts....

Aj

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    Erika reports this morning that Pasta & Basta @ Restaurant Row (can it be called that anymore?) is shutting down.
    It took awhile, but I guess this turned out to be the correct call after all...

Originally posted by musubi View Post
    ... is this one going straight to the "Disappearing Establishments" thread?

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Erika reports this morning that Pasta & Basta @ Restaurant Row (can it be called that anymore?) is shutting down.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Erika reports that Chowder House - an original tenant at Ward Warehouse complex - will close in September:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business..._34_years.html

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by Albert View Post
    Was chatting earlier with Kory K on FB and, oh yes, one place I especially miss is the long-gone Hot Lava Cafe. Used to go once a week to see John Cruz there.
    Good one. Sunday nights were always awesome. First the also-disappeared Shipley's in Manoa Marketplace for classic slack key with Mike Kaawa, Dennis Kamakahi and the gang, then straight down to Hot Lava for John Cruz.
    Remember the night that Dennis Kamakahi sat in with John Cruz for a couple of hours, mostly playing a lot of oldies? Priceless!

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

Was chatting earlier with Kory K on FB and, oh yes, one place I especially miss is the long-gone Hot Lava Cafe. Used to go once a week to see John Cruz there. Once I skipped a couple of weeks and John asked me why. I said, "if I'm feeling depressed and I come to listen to you, I feel suicidal."

John knew exactly what I meant.

And the rising superstar, Jake Shimabukuro, used to informally sit in there. Kory claims to have first introduced Jake to Lava, but later complained about him "showing off". Well, true, Jake does show-off, but with good reason. He's brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

The Starbuck's in Discovery Bay has been shuttered.
    me -->
    eldest spawn -->

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied
    ...memories...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu0n_Aicg50

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

Not quite a disappearing establishment, but Shizuko Hasegawa of Hana's famous Hasegawa General Store dies

Leave a comment:

• Frankie's Market
    replied

Rosie's Cantina has lost its lease and will be closing its doors on Sunday. However, another Mexican eatery will be taking its place.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...after+28+years

Leave a comment:

• NoCal Boy
    replied

I'm currently watching cartoons with the girls, and I'm reminded that Swiper the Fox said it best:

"Aw, Man!!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X