X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: King Kamehameha's Club?!

Originally posted by kimo55
    now ya see? it's called 'priming the pump'
    And well done, I might add --- this is one of the most educational threads I've yet seen on HT, because it gets into an area where I am clearly ignorant, yet I am hungry to learn more.

Comment

No, that's no digression. it's in line with what i rant and rail about alla time.
      Give, sistah, give!
      Knowledge is power, but the application of knowledge is more powerful.
      Share your mana'o
      what say you, regarding this?
      and hunaism?
      you really wanna see me get in trouble with the management, doncha?

read here.

It illustrates a great number of issues I have with huna.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
        you really wanna see me get in trouble with the management, doncha?
        why should you be the only one spared the rewards granted to the outspoken on HT?

http://tikitv.com/rants.html
        http://tikitv.com/part1.html
        Last edited by kimo55; February 8, 2006, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          Hence the importance placed upon learning chants of genealogy? I've met kumu hula who can chant their family history for uncountable generations.
          Mahalo for sharing this.
          The thing is, so many people do NOT know there specific chants. They can't name their grandparents, because of stuff like adoption. But if we know that we are Hawaiian, then we know that the blood of Ku runs through all of our veins. And we don't have to ~believe~ in that or not. It just is. If we are here, then we know that it is.

Same thing for my other bloods (for example). I am pretty sure that a Kahn pillaged a foremother of mine or two. Or that I am a daughter of St Bridget (via one of her whaler sons who fell sway to the charms of my greatgrandmother ;-)

No matter what, we should be educated on our histories so that we can be empowered descendants!

pax

Comment

It illustrates a great number of issues I have with huna.
            I have the February issue of Huna.
            It shows serge king making a tiki pyramid heiau.

Comment

why should you be the only one spared the rewards granted to the outspoken on HT?

you. are. sassy.

Let's look at what weirds me out with Kahuna Lani's interview (just the text on that weblink I had provided; not the actually streaming interview itself, which I have to mute my computer to get through).

-the sprinkling of Hawaiian words for trendy "Nat'l Geographic" factor. It makes his stuff sound authentic.
              -this paragraph: " I am now working on, and have been for two decades, and will be for another decade and more, if I last that long, on a new language for Hunians to speak which encompasses the Huna concepts completely, as well as allowing for the expression of many different emotions than English supports (these emotions exist in English speakers, of course. They exist in all humans. It's just that without a concept to hold them, they are just felt as inexpressible pain or joy.) Kahuna Nui William Tufts Brigham started our Huna dialect, derived in large part from the archaic, 1872 version of Hawaiian language (no longer spoken), his work in this was carried on first by Kahuna Nui \Max Freedom Long, then by the HRA, Arii-Peu Tama-It"

What. The...HELL!?!?!?!?! There NEVER WAS no 1872 "archaic" Hawaiian! If there was, Kamakau, 'I'i, Kawelo and Malo (just to name a royal few) would have spoken it. Would have been educated in it. Would have mentioned it. Their original works were written all waaay before 1872. Lorrin Andrew's dictionary was published in 1865.

And if I can read and comprehend all these guys' works, I am *dying* to get my eyeballs on this new Hunian Klingon.

But the question begs; why even attempt to do so in the first place? English is an articulate language. Surely there are enough ideas that one can ably communicate the intricacies of Hunaâ„¢.

But no. Because they need that native® vibe. For profundity's sake. Otherwise, the masses are gonna know it is bunk.

-how he got his name: Kahuna Ho`anoiwahinenuiho`aLani (Lani for short). He claims that he was named after the "Goddess who lights up the sky". (btw, it is a simple sentence translation; none of our akua's names were ever definitions of what they did). What goddess dared set alight Wakea's domain? NO WHERE in our history do we have such a ancestress. Someone fucking made her up. Attaching faux creatures to the Hawaiian genealogy. Blasphemy!

I can go on....

pax

Comment

I have the February issue of Huna.
                It shows serge king making a tiki pyramid heiau.
                You are saying that to rile me up and I am not biting.

pax

Comment

And then there is this page.

OMG I haven't seen it in so long and I am rerashing at the last paragraph!

pax

Comment

This new age thing is getting really old.
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

You are saying that to rile me up and I am not biting.
                      I have said similar to get Serge himself to bite, but to no avail. thus, I am content with our lil sandbox scratchers here.

Comment

well, I am going to calm down now...no need for me to birth out a bebe H3, is there?

pax

Comment

I am surprised to see serge king 's shi... i mean show on Olelo.

he is SOOOOO fulluvit!
                          He sez: "leaving a lei or food is wholly innapropriate at a heiau. But as i say, you can leave an offering of a flower. or a stone. small stone..."
                          (ok, where would this stone come from? another heiau? he doesn't know it is very wrong to add to or alter a heiau. and that is what one does when you leave a stone on a heiau.
                          He is very ignorant of the many local ancient customs and rituals. leave pohaku alone.
                          this guy makes it up as he goes. and fabricates old Hawaiian culture til it resembles nothing close to the truth.
                          Jeez.

Comment

this guy makes it up as he goes. and fabricates old Hawaiian culture til it resembles nothing close to the truth.
                            Any sense of how popular his shtick is? Do most Island residents recognize it as another sham? Are most of the adherents off-Island? Or is it generally accepted as just a load of bollocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                              Any sense of how popular his shtick is? Do most Island residents recognize it as another sham? Are most of the adherents off-Island? Or is it generally accepted as just a load of bollocks?

Hey leave Sandra outta dis! Oh das Bullock...nevermind
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                                ... Sandra ... Oh ...
                                Who again?

Comment

Working...
                                X