X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: King Kamehameha's Club?!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    Who again?
    Eh no make fun of her! BTW Dara the HR manager at Home Depot in Honolulu looks just like her.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Any sense of how popular his shtick is? Do most Island residents recognize it as another sham?
      You might try perusing through some of these soc.culture.hawaii threads I remembered from a few years back. I think you'll pick up on the negative vibes toward him pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
        This new age thing is getting really old.
        I need to be absolutely fair here.

Most New Agers are genuine, caring, positive people who would not *knowingly* spend their last breath on vibing up something that would harm any soul in this universe. Their whole being is spent on trying to attain enlightenment. It is quite noble, if you think about it long enough.

However, as it goes with the rest of human nature, a whole lotta 'em are selfish and stuck so deep into their imagination that they don't see past their own piko about why they do what they do. And, people will buy anything once it is packaged niftily.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
          I need to be absolutely fair here.

Most New Agers are genuine, caring, positive people who would not *knowingly* spend their last breath on vibing up something that would harm any soul in this universe. Their whole being is spent on trying to attain enlightenment. It is quite noble, if you think about it long enough.

However, as it goes with the rest of human nature, a whole lotta 'em are selfish and stuck so deep into their imagination that they don't see past their own piko about why they do what they do. And, people will buy anything once it is packaged niftily.
          Indeed so. I have never felt that it is their heart that is in the wrong place, only their heads.
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Y'all are just too nice, the twinkies are getting tired of the flack Ndn's will give em so they're moving on to something they don't get so hassled about screwing up.

The Germans are....interesting.... they play at being from a culture they aren't and some really honestly and truely believe that playing 'Indians' on the weekend makes em one.

One time while living in Germany we went to an Ocktoberfest celebration. I was watching a bunch of guys in leiderhosen doing the slap dance on a stage and all of a sudden I felt someone petting my hair saying 'schoen' (beautiful). I turned around and looked at him and he asked (with alot of mime 'cause I spoke very little German) what I was. I said "Ich Americanish" to which he said "nein...nein....vos bis neich Americanish...Japaner?" Basically he was asking what ethnicity I was, I let him know I was Ndn and he got all excited, told his freinds and for the rest of the night I had a trail of folks shadowing me.

Alot of em are really fasinated with native cultures to the point of appropriating em....there's a hella black market in any kind of native artifacts over there too...to include ancestors body parts.

Comment

no cover charge for hawaii folks right?

right?

Comment

Originally posted by i-hungry
                no cover charge for hawaii folks right?
                Not if you bring bones of your ancestors.

Comment

Not if you bring bones of your ancestors.
                  Now we know why no one wants to give the bones back. Free pupus!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                  X