X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Lakio
    replied
    Re: Annoying phrases

Thanks, cw - I knew you were likely to respond in a respectful way that would make me smile, too.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I oughta clarify - leaving my personal belief regarding the non-existence of a supreme being out of it.

I can't envision "God" taking sides, especially when this is generally invoked by groups intent on finding ways to slaughter other humans. If I believed in God, I believe such a being would be saddened and/or angered by such behavior - and not particularly supportive of it.
    Well he got pissed off so he flooded the earth for 40-days and 40-nights. And then had second thoughts about it afterwards. I guess he was young then. Now he just chooses a select few and summons them to safety for Rapture and lets the rest of the Heathens duke it out for world domination, then he calls in his muscle (angles) and wipe the earth clean for at least another 1000-years. he had his writers write a book that told of his thoughts and concerns and in the end he will say another annoying phrase, "I told ya so", ushers in St. Peter at the pearly gates and shuts them for good.

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    One that I say too often.
    "Yeah, but..." I got teased quite a bit up in Canada once.
    I had a friend who spoke very quickly who would start off sentences with "Yeah, but..." a lot. I'd tease him but jumping in with, "Yabbit, yabbit! Yabbit rabbit!"

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

God is on our side.
    I oughta clarify - leaving my personal belief regarding the non-existence of a supreme being out of it.

I can't envision "God" taking sides, especially when this is generally invoked by groups intent on finding ways to slaughter other humans. If I believed in God, I believe such a being would be saddened and/or angered by such behavior - and not particularly supportive of it.

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

One that I say too often.
    "Yeah, but..." I got teased quite a bit up in Canada once.

Now for the hearing division.
    "I'll get back at'cha"

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

God is on our side.
    For real?

Well, you know what?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

God is on our side.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Let me tell you something.

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

When, in the process of initiating a communication, a person begins with the question,

"You know what?"

Sometimes they pause and wait, briefly, sometimes they launch into a tirade of what they assume you do not know.

Well, if I knew what you were about to say then perhaps I could determine if I 'knew what' or not. How in the world would I know?

K?

Leave a comment:

• Nords
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Here's a phrase I've been getting tired of hearing lately: There's an App for that!
    Our kid hears that every time she asks us to do something for her that she should be doing for herself... "Gee, I wonder if there's an app for that!"

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Here's a phrase I've been getting tired of hearing lately: There's an App for that!

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

I got a really great thang for keeping warm. It's a terrycloth bathrobe and when I feel innovative I just wear it backwards and Viola!! I got a Snuggie!

Leave a comment:

• surlygirly
    replied

S N U G G I E

You're safe (for now!), Craig. Reading it is so much better than hearing it! If I were to go with for something with arms, it'd be the Slanket. I heard it's much better quality and bigger, even though a little pricier. Also, I happen to think "Slanket" is fun to say!

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

S N U G G I E

T'is a frontal wedgie

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

So, do you say "Big Island," "Hawai`i Island," or "Moku O Keawe"?
    Hale o Keawe?

(Whew, hope I changed my avatar back in time~!)

K~=

Leave a comment:

Working...
X