This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 3

Gusto ko alam, kung bakit tayong meron nang manga na reputation?. Pangit na man para sa tayo!. Tapus hindi naman tayo alam kung sino nang binibigay para sa tayo!, Kung wala na man sila nang pangalan. Para sa feelings ko... it doesn't matter kung sama o mabuti. Hinda na man sila puede mag sasabihin any way!. Tapus, hinde puede naman sila mag gagawin nang isang sama na raputation para sa tayong na mabuti na tao.
    Ano yan?. Ano naman yan?.

nang buhay na tayo, hinde na man tayo magpunyagi gagawin ang isang tao na masaya sa loob nang forum dito.

tayo lahat lang gagawin ating sarili na marame na masaya!.

Hinde sila. kung hinde tayo naman alam kung sino nang manga tayo nasa labas doon.

ito ay para sa manga na intidihan kung ano sinasabe ko saka
    para sa lahat nang marame nang mabuti na tao
    saka para sa tao kung sino na meronpa sa magaling na puso.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I hate it when cabbies milk the meter AND YOU'RE A KAMAAINA WHO KNOWS how to get home via faster routes!

Once a cabbie tried milking the taxi meter by driving way too slow and taking the LONGGGGGGGG route when I needed to get to Goodyear Tires on Waialae Avenue from Ward Warehouse. I told him that all I have is a $20 so if he wants a nice tip he'd better find the shortcuts reallly fast.

I never knew you could cut thru parking lots in Kakaako and go diagonally from Ward and Ala Moana to Atkinson and Kapiolani! I was impressed! He managed to get an $8 tip and I was able to pick up my car and get back to work all within my lunch hour.
      Good thinking & good Job!. I would have to remember that & use that line the next time I catch a cab.

Originally posted by drewb
      actually i would prefer a parfait to a sundae however that would mean driving a bit farther in the damned traffic...I'll stick with the sundae.....damn!!!
      Ok. sounds good to me. Close enough for me, & both or either are just as good.

I wonder....

do you think that line will work on my hubby, though?. LOL.
      (seeing as my hubby is a cab driver, too. LOL.)
      Last edited by Serenity; September 27, 2005, 12:02 AM.
      Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        I hate it when cabbies milk the meter AND YOU'RE A KAMAAINA WHO KNOWS how to get home via faster routes!
        i recently had a similar experience, so i feel your pain, man...i had just finished a gig in waikiki and flagged one of those cheapo guys stalking barflies on lewers...i told him exactly where i had to go and how i wanted to get there (i was going downtown, and wanted him to take ala moana blvd to alakea)...he ended up ignoring me and when i called him on it, he flew into a vietnamese rage...he screamed me to get out or he'd call the cops and i told him that i was already calling them on my cell...he slammed on the brakes and tried to be menacing, but i laughed and told him i had his license number...he sped off like a bat out of hell...i'm glad i only had my guitar on me, or he'd have made of with the rest of my gear if i had put it in the trunk...

crooked cabbies are the worst...
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
          I'm sure 2 out of 3 that "people" will evetually get a ticket for it,
          probably one way or another.

The officers here now a days
          are just so happy to just give you a ticket for a one thing
          or another!.
          This is probably true, but it seems the police are never around when you need them. I am so upset with the overall driving habits of people in Hawaii, it's a real disgrace. I try to "live aloha" on the road, but chances are I'll be in an accident sooner than any of the idiots will get ticketed. There is such blatant disregard for the law!
          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
            crooked cabbies are the worst...
            Isn't that the truth!. Sheesh!.

I'm glad you did what you did.

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
            This is probably true, but it seems the police are never around when you need them. I am so upset with the overall driving habits of people in Hawaii, it's a real disgrace. I try to "live aloha" on the road, but chances are I'll be in an accident sooner than any of the idiots will get ticketed. There is such blatant disregard for the law!
            I can definately agree with you there more!.

seeing as I am here in this part of the forum more than any where else...

You all have a good night & a good week.

I will be heading to bed. Have a good a night, all.

A hui hou.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

There's a lot of things that piss me off including paying more taxes, people who cut me off while I am driving, spam email, telemarketing calls, junk faxes... among others.

Currently I am getting these mailings from sports betting magazines that I never subscribed to. Several of them. I don't gamble, rarely watch professional or college sports on TV. How in hell did I end up on the mailing list? Everytime I get one of these pesky little magz, I rip off the mailing label and toss the publication straight to the trash.

Is there a way for me to get off these mailing lists without actually having to contact the publishers (for fear of being put on another mailing list). These mailings have been occuring now for 2 years, always at the start and during most of the football season.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                Is there a way for me to get off these mailing lists without actually having to contact the publishers (for fear of being put on another mailing list). These mailings have been occuring now for 2 years, always at the start and during most of the football season.
                Go to this link for the Direct Mail Association and sign up to be removed from direct mailings and eblasts. I'm assuming you've already registered your phone number on the "Do Not Call" list, too.

There's no guarantee that all that direct mail and spam will stop completely because there are no laws prohibiting businesses from advertising that way. However, as a trade association, the DMA does have some clout with its members, so you might see some reduction in the junk mail you receive in your mailbox and on your computer.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mel....

Do you have Road Runner?.

Now if all those ads still continues to come,

LMK, I have good a trick to tell you how.

Only if they still continue, & if you have Road Runner.

Hopefully, I will still remember how it works, I
                  did it last time on my Road Runner,
                  & it helped alot.

Aloha.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Mel....

Do you have Road Runner?.

Now if all those ads still continues to come,

LMK, I have good a trick to tell you how.

Only if they still continue, & if you have Road Runner.

Hopefully, I will still remember how it works, I
                    did it last time on my Road Runner,
                    & it helped alot.

Aloha.
                    Serenity, while I despise spam email of all types, I already have that under control. I have DSL through LavaNet and one of the best things LavaNet ever did for me was set up procmail and a white list for my primary email address, which I was using long before they implemented the more user friendly spam safeguards they now have in place. So I am happy with that and get no spam at my lavanet mailbox.

I also have created several other email domains and mailboxes on several servers to keep myself free of spam in most cases. And when one box gets to be troublesome, I just delete it... easy to do if you have your own domain.

For my public address, I just use yahoo.com since it is web based and no spam ever gets downloaded to my computer like the POP accounts I have. Ditto for my gmail account. I only use that as web based. Both offer POP and IMAP, but I don't need it.

My big gripe for this thread at this time is the junk gambling magazines that I get in regular email. I think Ms. Miulang offered a link to the DMA which I will check on later. I am already on the National Do Not Call list, but still get some junk phone calls.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

How about a parfait, intead?
                      Just be careful if you see Clint "Dirty Harry" Eastwood there as well --- he might say: "Go ahead ... make my parfait."

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                        Serenity, while I despise spam email of all types, I already have that under control. I have DSL through LavaNet and one of the best things LavaNet ever did for me was set up procmail and a white list for my primary email address, which I was using long before they implemented the more user friendly spam safeguards they now have in place. So I am happy with that and get no spam at my lavanet mailbox.
                        Well then...

Just keep doing what you do best (for your computer).

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        Just be careful if you see Clint "Dirty Harry" Eastwood there as well --- he might say: "Go ahead ... make my parfait."
                        Cute, but pretty funny, as well.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Aloha.
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          For my public address, I just use yahoo.com since it is web based and no spam ever gets downloaded to my computer like the POP accounts I have. Ditto for my gmail account. I only use that as web based. Both offer POP and IMAP, but I don't need it.
                          I must say, I really like my yahoo and gmail accounts. I've been using yahoo much more frequently due to the fact that I had way too many emails NEVER arriving to my hotmail acct. Never had a problem with yahoo or gmail.
                          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

the ugalee ehominy nerdcouples

Comment

I'm pissed off, because I heard that Fisherman's Wharf is re locating at a later date, & will have some kind of a new building on top of that land.
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

I am pissed off the most!!

is...

because admin. is messing with with me again, & doing what ever with my own post, when I was not the one who infact divided it in the first place!.

I am leaving again (from this forum!.)!!!

Don't know when I will be back!!!

I don't like it when someone else messes with my post

just because they can!!!

ALOHA and Goodbye

(maybe permanent or temporarily, who knows!!.)

A Hui Hou.

If I don't comeback...

Happy Haloween, Happy ThanksGiving,

and Mele Kaliki Maka.

Serenity.

Sept. 27, 2005.
                                9:05PM
                                Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                                X