This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

People who say "I hate racisim" then say how "those haole's" no get tickets. When I cross the street and I almost get run over because peolpe want to rush through a red light. I hate when people talk crap about what they have no idea about. When people are afraid to LEAD. I was born and raised here in Hawaii. I love it!! People here NEED to travel and see what OUR WORLD has to offer. OPEN YOUR MIND AND YOUR HEARTS. We live in a place that almost EVERYONE in the world DREAMS of coming to. When they get here all most of us think is "GO HOME" Guess what???? That is OUR bread and butter!! grow up, meeet new people and enjoy the new friends that will enrich your lives!!!!

Comment

Forgetting a book at home (which is an hour away) is what pisses me off today. To make it worse, ITS FINALS! and the teacher lets us use the book! To top it off, the class is only 2 days this week (which is normal) and probably he'll be giving us some huge IF statement to do.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

illiterate sounding pronunciations:

it's
        second.
        sec und.

not
        sekint.

it's:
        com for tuh bull.
        NOT comftuhbull.

it's
        bee hind.
        not bhuh hind.
        Last edited by kimo55; October 3, 2005, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Promises that are Broken!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

People who steal my (or any other farmer's) crops.

Looks like I lost about 100 good-sized pumpkins from a few of the acres I planted pumpkin on last night. Yeah..they knew what they were doing..stole them just at the perfect time, i.e., harvest time. Pumpkin isn't a major crop for me..I mostly plant it for the keiki around here to pick one out this time of year, for Halloween. It's just so damned grating to me.

I went through all this nonsense in Ka'u, especially with the citrus crop. No matter where I go, it gets me all huhu, cause I know it's people who know when a crop is ripe for the picking..other farmers or people who know something about a given crop that your average non-farmer wouldn't know..who are stabbing me in the back.
            Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; October 4, 2005, 02:35 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              illiterate sounding pronunciations:

it's:
              com for tuh bull.
              NOT comftuhbull.
              Nope.

"comfortable" is correctly pronounced "kumf' ter bul" (can't put in the upside-down "e" in certain places, so excuse my bumbling way of explaining this ...)

It also is correct to pronounce it in the more stilted manner, "kum'-fer-te-bel" (again with the upside-down "e" in places). But it's not more correct to pronounce it this way than the other just because this way sounds more formal.

carry on ... you will be tested later ...

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                that diminutive-organed ijit in a yellow humvee flashing his brights at me repeatedly while i drove the speed limit in the slow lane friday eve b4 he got off waipahu offramp.
                lissen ayhoe; you wanna drive like a mainland jerk? move to el lay.
                Funny how you make these "mainlander" comparisons every time the offender is someone living HERE, in Hawaii.

There is an awful lot of rude behavior on the roads right here, and they're not "mainlanders." They're people who live right here.

So, by definition, it's not mainland style. It's Hawaii style. Such a shame, yes, but it's the truth. I'm know it wasn't always like this, just like it wasn't always "like this" on the mainland. But it is now, and we have to stop blaming "mainlanders" for our own bad behavior. It's a cheap shot and a cop-out.

Comment

What pisses me off? Today, apparently, Kimo55 does!

OK, back to lurking until I'm not so grouchy ...

Comment

if i'm not mistaken, the upside down "e" is called a "schwah"...i hope y'all're, ahem, comfy with that...
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      What pisses me off? Today, apparently, Kimo55 does!

OK, back to lurking until I'm not so grouchy ...
                      Anything to do with OTR? Then again I'm probably wrong. Please take it lightly MadAzza, I'm just a little guy.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Oh glad you asked.

The aggravation of the day is this Bissell Proheat Clearview 1699 Carpet Shampoo Machine. To make a long story short, it has died and tonight I plan to give it a wonderful funeral in the bottom of the dumpster. No more $100.00 trips to the repair shop. Once was more than enough. Celebrating it's death !!! Ha ha ha ~!

I am having problems with electrical appliances.

My coffee maker tried to die. It does work, it you just plug it in and do not use the on/off switch.

Last week when I tried to clean the oven it shot sparks out at me. No, I did not have enough sense to just throw the breaker switch OFF.

One of my vacuums works ok, since a member here rescued me by telling me that it needs a belt...which I replaced over last weekend.

The other vacuum is a hunk of junk from Sear's that lost it's suction right about the time the extended warranty expired. Amazing isn't it ?

Do I dare clean the refrigerator ?

Takes the clothes dryer 90 minutes to dry a small load of jeans.

My new fan is dying too I think.

So, I have a vacuum that does not suck and a fan that does not blow. Heh heh heh.

Comment

Why oh why doesn't the Prophet system have a non-destructive editing system. Oh F9 already!

When the pull tab from that can of Chef Boyardee Raviolios breaks off leaving you with no way to open the darned can and your kids on the DOE's intersession break is only two days in the running.

And if you hated SAP you'll grind your teeth to oblivion when your company switches to Microsoft's Great Plains!!!!

But the what made my day today was seeing a Toyota Presis Hybrid stranded on the side of the road...out of gas And the new gas price increase went into effect!!!! Oh there wasn't a smug look on that driver's face that day.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Pissing myself off pisses me off.

Like when I (momentarily) misplace my car keys.

Or forgetting my cellphone at home.

Also, what about when President Bush pronounces NUCLEAR, "NOO'KEE'LUR"? or TERRORIST, "TERRST".

Or he replies to very serious, technical questions from journalists with answers like, "No matter what, we'll win", or "I'll see that it never happens again", or "I'll have to look further into that matter". DUH!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                              Anything to do with OTR? Then again I'm probably wrong. Please take it lightly MadAzza, I'm just a little guy.
                              Yeah ... a little, *smart* guy. I didn't even realize that's what it was until you pointed it out!

Comment

... when my brain doesn't work in the morning.

Today was my Progamming final, and I couldn't get the results to display in the program! I had a 30 minute head start from everyone else because I came in early, but looks like my brain was sleeping. I think I passed the class with a low B (I've been getting perfects throughout the quarter, but suddenly my brain went skiing on Mauna Kea or something).

I spent a couple of hours on the program this afternoon, and I finished what I could dig up from the code I got, and modified it to work easier. I'll try to see if I can reproduce what the paper said, then hopefully learn from my mistakes.

I think I need coffee, but I'm afraid I might shrink to below 5ft.
                                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                                X