This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

GOO-oood.that means you will be back before new years eve!

Comment

Serenity, don't leave. I think it has do with making it simpler into one post instead of several. It saves space and also looks much nicer, I think. Then again, I'm also guilty of doing the same things you do. I need to learn how to incorporate my responses better and learning from the experts is the only way to learn. Calm down, take a break and come back. We will all be here. Theres no place like HT!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
        because admin. is messing with with me again, & doing what ever with my own post, when I was not the one who infact divided it in the first place!.
        I'm sorry you're upset, Serenity. I'm not sure I understand specifically what you're referring to. If you decide to return to HawaiiThreads.com, feel free to send me a Private Message with your concerns.

FWIW, if you're referring to the splitting of threads (i.e. making a "Chapter 4" for this long-running topic), this is done regularly and fairly arbitrarily. It is true that some responses will be separated from the post they're related to, but hopefully people understand that if it's not in "Chapter 4," it's in "Chapter 3."

If you're referring to the combining of multiple posts, this is done on occasion when users post several subsequent posts to a single thread, for example responding separately to individual points in previous posts, when a single post summarizing all replies would have sufficed. This is just housekeeping, and of course your words aren't changed.

Further questions and comments about how this site is run are welcome at the Front Desk. We now return this thread to its normal laundry list of pet peeves!

Comment

I really don't like how this forum has become anti-haole and anti-christian. I am a local, haole, christian So much blaming goes on here that is misplaced. People complain about sacrilegious actions towards religious icons they care about while using sacrilegious wording towards other religious icons they don't. I am a hard working, caring, sharing and tax paying individual. I'm not getting or asking for any public programs to help me, but my contributions over the years have helped many. I'm burnt out on starting positive threads and having some people not contribute to it other than snide comments or outright negative ones. I have now fallen into that mode with a recent post and don't want continue. So live aloha...
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
            I really don't like how this forum has become anti-haole and anti-christian.
            I have to say that I respectfully disagree with a generalization like this. Yes, I have seen some anti-haole and anti-Christian postings, some very nasty ones, even - and very often, the posters themselves are taken to task for their attitudes (some have even had their accounts closed after they made abusive farewells.) But for the most part, HT seems to me to be populated by intelligent and opinionated people, both from the Islands and away - people who are thoughtful, creative, tolerant, and fascinating.

Even if I don't subscribe to the same attitudes as some of the posters (and a good thing, too - HT would be BORING if everyone thought and felt the exact same ways I do), I am pleased to see the overall level of discussion that occurs here. I've recently seen (by exploring other threads) that some posters whose attitudes I didn't like, turned out to be witty, erudite and interesting people - we just view the world through different lenses sometimes.

Perhaps, MM, you should explore other threads - check out what people have to say on a wider range of topics. Perhaps you've only been exploring some of the more controversial or fiery threads. Accept that people in an open forum will disagree with you sometimes, but rejoice in the freedom we have to do just that. And keep posting!

Comment

pisses me off?

hmmmm.
              well, when ya call a big company such as road runner or whatevahs and ya get this recording:

"we are experiencing unusually high call volumes..."

now, not only is that bad ingrish, it is illogical, cuz ya hear it every time. which means the
              "high call volumes" NOW is usual. the norm. NOT unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                pisses me off?

hmmmm.
                well, when ya call a big company such as road runner or whatevahs and ya get this recording:

"we are experiencing unusually high call volumes..."

now, not only is that bad ingrish, it is illogical, cuz ya hear it every time. which means the
                "high call volumes" NOW is usual. the norm. NOT unusual.
                Yeah I got that the other day when I tried to call road runner. I hung up before the recording finished. Then I read on another forum that some one was on hold for three hours.....cannot imagine waiting that long. I would have hung up.

This morning I called HECO. They made me mad too...their recording says some thing about how all the people are busy and to call back later, and then it hangs up on you. I did get through to them later and they were very courteous on the phone.

I have not tried to call Hawaiian Telecom yet, but I would bet ten bucks they are experiencing "high call volumes" also. I think I am going to write a bunch of letters and to hell with the phone calls. I am tired of being mad on the phone.

"This call may be monitored" is another recording that makes me mad. Maybe I should tell them the same thing and turn on my tape recorder and monitor them.

Comment

Or as those huge companies with multiple call centers and agents who are paid to just basically answer one call after another (they get "compensated" on their ability to answer a lot of calls) and pass a problem on to someone else would say, "WHAT customer service???? ROFLMAO". The people who are answering the phones are not paid as much as they should be to put up with the misplaced abuse they sometimes get from irate customers. That is another one of those jobs that you couldn't get to me to take even if it paid a million dollars. I don't need the kind of abuse that call center agents are subjected to. There are lots of call center agents who would LIKE to give better customer service, but their companies aren't compensating them on how "nice" they are or how well they handle the caller's problems/questions. Most large companies only care about how many calls get answered.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

When an offer is made, if one has class...give an acknowledgement. Mahalo, no thank you, up your's, no thank's, go to hell, wtf, etc. That really pisses me off and you can go kiss my okole too! You think you all high and mighty? You nothing dear lady...you only now half of what I have been through!!!! Take that job and shove it!

I'm PISST! The most PISSTEST I've ever been on HT!

I'm taking a break before I get really ANGRY!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; September 28, 2005, 04:07 PM.
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Now I know why programmers stay up all night to finish their programs.

I'm trying to finish an assignment (the first time I didn't turn it in early) and the IF statements are driving me crazy!!

IF work = "hard" then
                      'take break
                      computerchair = "empty"
                      else
                      hair = "ripped out from head"
                      end if

(actually, typing that felt good. Now I'm relaxed.)
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

that diminutive-organed ijit in a yellow humvee flashing his brights at me repeatedly while i drove the speed limit in the slow lane friday eve b4 he got off waipahu offramp.
                        lissen ayhoe; you wanna drive like a mainland jerk? move to el lay.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          that diminutive-organed ijit in a yellow humvee flashing his brights at me repeatedly while i drove the speed limit in the slow lane friday eve b4 he got off waipahu offramp.
                          lissen ayhoe; you wanna drive like a mainland jerk? move to el lay.
                          Hui Kimo...maybe da buggah had to get to one lua FAST or else he would have one accident and mess up his nice leather car seats, since you talking about ayhoes!

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

that we no longer thave the old banana republic stores and mail order catalogs and the gap bought them out and ruined, I say ruined them absolutely and definitively!
                            damn their eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                              Now I know why programmers stay up all night to finish their programs.

I'm trying to finish an assignment (the first time I didn't turn it in early) and the IF statements are driving me crazy!!

IF work = "hard" then
                              'take break
                              computerchair = "empty"
                              else
                              hair = "ripped out from head"
                              end if

(actually, typing that felt good. Now I'm relaxed.)
                              IF you thought the IF statements are so bad wait till you get to the next phase of programming: WHY BODDA YOU statements, whoa man das to make you fly da friggin keyboard!

But then that statement will be after the "WHAT" statement.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                                IF you thought the IF statements are so bad wait till you get to the next phase of programming: WHY BODDA YOU statements, whoa man das to make you fly da friggin keyboard!

But then that statement will be after the "WHAT" statement.
                                Eh, pidgin could be a pretty versatile programming language:

For i = 1 to 100
                                TRY DO (DA KINE)
                                UNTIL BUMBAI

And you gotta remember that there is a big difference between the GO STAY COME, COME GO STAY, and STAY GO COME statements.

Comment

Working...
                                X