Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    all three of my births were natural, no drugs. The idea of a freakin' needle inserted into my SPINAL CORD was repulsive. I allowed the belts on my belly, but no needles (inc. IVs).
    No choice....C-Sections and breach babies. Plus a 15 inch head! 2 yes 2 Doctors on top of me pulling that kids out then they had to make the incision bigger! Not fun!

I gotta say....I am sorry but women and the birthing babies...It's more painful than any man could handle....natural or NOT!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
      I gotta say....I am sorry but women and the birthing babies...It's more painful than any man could handle....natural or NOT!
      Easily said but impossible to test.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
        If I could fund a man volunteer we could do a C-section and see how they warrant! And pull a 15 inch head out of his belly!
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I dunno....its a toss up between a spinal tap and a mammogram. Freaking (morbid) nurse conducting the mammogram wouldn't stop when I screamed that it hurts! My back shoulder muscles were sore for 2 weeks afterwards.

And a spinal tap, well....it was necessary cuz the ER docs didn't know what to make of my massive headache even after a Cranial CT scan. The day after the spinal tap I could barely walk....let alone stand. I felt like I had been thrown into a brick wall!
          Lovena

Comment

lets see:

1) When I was 15 my doctor who put the non melting sutures in my appendix and forgot to anestesize me before taking the scalpal to my gut then telling me by the time the drug takes affect he'd have all the sutures taken out so bear with the pain. I ended up bending the metal bed rails as I gripped them for life.

2) When I was working 7-days a week and my dentist came in to the green room of the radio station to do a root canal on my lower right molar and was about to numb my mouth. I told him we're going on the air in an hour and I can't be talking with a fat lip...you know eee fooo fooo!! So he does a field root canal with no anestesia. Do you know what it's like to take a jack hammer to your head? Even the soundproof walls of I-97, 98-Rock and KHVH couldn't stop the screaming from going over the air. Sorry Rick.

3) When I had to get my carpal tunnel operation done, I timed it so I could take my sick leave and fly up to the Big Island (where my wife and kids were transplanted while I stayed back on Oahu to pay the bills) to see the birth of my now 3-year old boy Jesse the next day. The surgeon said I cannot fly for 24-hours after being under the gas. So he cut open my palm while I'm fully concious and no numbing. I told the doctor if my wife can go thru hours of labor pain and natural child birth for the sixth time with no epidural, I can handle my hand cut open for an hour. That was a frickin' long hour!

Funny I could handle all of that but I get faint from a paper cut
            Last edited by craigwatanabe; January 30, 2007, 12:14 PM.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

If I could fund a man volunteer we could do a C-section and see how they warrant! And pull a 15 inch head out of his belly!
              He might survive. Why not strap him to a chair, tape his eyes open and force him to watch The View. Now that's pain.
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

He might survive. Why not strap him to a chair, tape his eyes open and force him to watch The View. Now that's pain.
                Actually forcing a man to watch Ophrah Winfrey is even more painful. I will watch three hours of late night paid programming selling the Thigh Master than watch 10-minutes of Oprah.

Comment

Withdrawal, no doubt.

Comment

You know I pay good money for satellite TV and because of my work schedule when I turn on the tube I get paid advertising. I pay to watch paid advertising! How wrong is that?

Tivo is looking better and better.

Comment

Last month, I injured myself at work.

My knee bloated up with fluid and had to get it drained. When they stuck the needle in to numb my knee, I screamed like a girl.

Not a pleasant experience at all.

DD
                      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Do you take the same approach at the dentist?
                        She does - she has learned to transcend dental-medication...

(I could not resist.)
                        Not necessarily. While I was in the ER one time (with the stones), there was a woman there who asked my then-wife what was wrong with me. When she found out, she said "oh, I've had those...and I've had babies, too. The kidney stones were worse!"

I have never had reason to doubt her non-scientific opinion.

Oh, and Tim? Years ago, the doc said to dramatically increase my fluid intake - and he specifically said "beer is fine."
                        Last edited by Leo Lakio; January 30, 2007, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Well, lets see - I had a child with no drugs & no epidural (not intentionally). I've had kidney stones. I'd rather go through childbirth again without a doubt, than have another kidney stone episode. Definitely. No argument there. Last summer - stone started to pass suddenly just before I got off the bus at my corner. The pain was SO bad, plus I didn't know why I was having the pain. Ended up going to emergency room by ambulance, with lights & siren going. Must have been impressive but I missed it because apparently I had passed out from the pain.

Yeah - definitely childbirth. and I never forget to drink my water!
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

No choice....C-Sections and breach babies. Plus a 15 inch head! 2 yes 2 Doctors on top of me pulling that kids out then they had to make the incision bigger! Not fun!

I've been stabbed ...and didn't fill sh*t. I didn't find out till someone said "hey.... you've been stabbed".

Comment

Been there down that with the kidney stones...not a very good feeling. To some kidney stone sufferers, the pain is so unbearable that it is often described as more wrenching than giving birth w/o an epidural.

Also did the gall stone attacks. IMO, this pain was more traumatic than the kidney stones. This of course, lead me to have surgery where I had my gall bladder removed. If things couldn't get any worse, post-surgery, I required a catheter due to anesthesia side effects.

Comment

The first time it happened, the ER tech told me he thinks kidney stones are women's revenge on men for childbirth. I sort of agree with him. You know - it is kind of the same principle: giving birth vs guys passing a kidney stone
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X