Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    Because when a woman gives birth her personality is magnified.
    In my case...Bi-polar X 10!!!

But it was worth it...

All three of my children are Precious to me!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
      When my wife had her first many years ago without an epidural she socked a nurse trying to take blood and gave her a black eye. I guess I haven't had much to do with feral women. I go more for the Brazilian waxing sort.
      The thought of a giant needle going into my spine; and the knowledge that there's no guarantee it will work, was enough for me. And yes, this bohemian shaves. Watch out for the pig huntahs, brah!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The most painful (physically) thing that I been through was that that I twisted my back when I went bowling a week ago.
        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

the most painful "everyday" pain I felt was stubbing your small tow against an object (mine ranging from a coffee table to a brick wall)
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Mine was a compression fracture in my L-1 vertebra. The pain defied hyperbole and superlative. The second most painful was breaking my big toe almost into dust. And then there was that dog bite on my wrist when touring in Seattle. Friggin sociopathic mongrel.
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

since everyone is sharing....try giving birth, C-Sec finally, after 36 hours....first son was almost 11 pounds, and second son, 4 years later was 9.5 pounds....no pain killers because I wanted to be alert for their entry into this world....would do it all AGAIN.....today 11 pound baby is 6'2", 300 pounds and #2 is 5'9", 160 pounds...sometimes when I peek in on them as they are sleeping I am TRULY AMAZED that they are of me.....I love them dearly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
                since everyone is sharing....try giving birth, C-Sec finally, after 36 hours....first son was almost 11 pounds, and second son, 4 years later was 9.5 pounds....no pain killers because I wanted to be alert for their entry into this world....would do it all AGAIN[...]
                Oooooh Lordy....ouch...Ouch...OUCH!!!! I wince just thinking about it.

I saw on the news, just last night, where a woman in Mexico gave birth to a 14+ pound baby a couple of days ago. They had video of "Supertonio" along side a normal size, 7 lb., newborn. Amazing. And, yes, the mom had a C section!

That said...my uncle weighed in at 16 lbs.! Sure glad that didn't run in the family. I barely got my bait back with my 2 girls...5 1/2 lbs. each!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
                  since everyone is sharing....try giving birth, C-Sec finally, after 36 hours....first son was almost 11 pounds, and second son, 4 years later was 9.5 pounds....no pain killers because I wanted to be alert for their entry into this world....would do it all AGAIN.....today 11 pound baby is 6'2", 300 pounds and #2 is 5'9", 160 pounds...sometimes when I peek in on them as they are sleeping I am TRULY AMAZED that they are of me.....I love them dearly!
                  *grabs trophy from Kane'ohe Girl and passes it to Aloha Nui*

DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!!

pax

Comment

ALL you ladies definately win the "most painful physical experiences" award here.

Pua'i Mana'o, as usual, wins the "best way to describe it" it award. "Rub". he he.

My uncle (dad's brother) had prostate cancer, which he described as feeling like "stabbing knives in your lower torso". He soon died from it.

For me, the most painful in memory was back when I was about 10 years old. I was going full-speed down a steep hill on my bicycle "no hands" on the bars, wrecked and went "body surfing" on the asphalt for about 10 feet. Major road rash. Screamed my (literally) bloody head off. Got about 20 stitches at the ER.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      ALL you ladies definately win the "most painful physical experiences" award here.

Pua'i Mana'o, as usual, wins the "best way to describe it" it award. "Rub". he he.

My uncle (dad's brother) had prostate cancer, which he described as feeling like "stabbing knives in your lower torso". He soon died from it.

For me, the most painful in memory was back when I was about 10 years old. I was going full-speed down a steep hill on my bicycle "no hands" on the bars, wrecked and went "body surfing" on the asphalt for about 10 feet. Major road rash. Screamed my (literally) bloody head off. Got about 20 stitches at the ER.

nevamind trying to ho'omalimali me! Just because all of your epithilials got grated on asphalt, there's no runner-up trophy.

pax

Comment

Sidebar to the kidney stone story: During one week in the hospital (yes, it took that long to pass, one time, but I discovered the joy of Demerol that week), as it was a teaching facility, nursing students would make the rounds and sometimes do daily blood draws, usually around 5:30 am.
                        One morning, the student stuck in the needle, with the first sample tube (the vacutainer.) While changing tubes, he slipped and the needle scratched along the inside of my vein.
                        For brief, intense, soul-screaming pain, that was a distinctly memorable time. It left a bruise that lasted about three weeks, and the doctors accepted my request that there be no more unnecessary blood draws.

Comment

I was rearranging my office today, and flipped those plastic mats that go under your desk. DAAAMN, those lil' plastic spikes don't massage at all.
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

10-feet...das nottin! I went huli off my bike ripping down Kilauea Avenue above Oili Lp. I was taking the turn when I slipped on a manhole cover and went tumbling for over 90-feet. I was being pounded for so long I thought I was going to be dead before I stopped. I had one of those out of body experiences, floating over my tumbling body. I could actually see myself being broken up as I flew over myself like a spirit. Ambulance took me away all buss up.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Bra, I rememba one occation body surfing, in dis place "I dont knows" in makua wen I was dropping dis mean shore break, i went ova da falls and landed on the front part of my body. The rest of me bent back over itself and I remember feeling my heels touch the back of my head, ouch. I was able to litterally crawl back onto the beach moaning/sceaming cause thats the only thing that would escape my mouth at the time. Talk about sowa.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                10-feet...das nottin! I went huli off my bike ripping down Kilauea Avenue above Oili Lp. I was taking the turn when I slipped on a manhole cover and went tumbling for over 90-feet. I was being pounded for so long I thought I was going to be dead before I stopped. I had one of those out of body experiences, floating over my tumbling body. I could actually see myself being broken up as I flew over myself like a spirit. Ambulance took me away all buss up.
                                Where's Maddie when we need her? If I remember right, she took a mighty spill off her Harley a time ago --- and was back at work shortly after (I think Burl even put a bit in the S-B about it.)

Comment

Working...
                                X