Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Toss up between getting a root canal or having my wisdom teeth removed.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
      Easily said but impossible to test.
      I've heard 3rd hand that those who have experienced both child birth and kidney stones say that kidney stones are worse. Edit: Sheesh. I missed the whole second page that said the same thing.

Boy, you folks sure know how to make a guy feed good about his life. I know I've had a few problems but the worst pain I can think of so far is leg cramps. The kind that hit in the middle of the night and all you can do is try different positions and massaging the heck out of them while going ow! ow! ow! No, I'm not interesting in trading places.

I've had my wisdom teeth pulled. They weren't that bad. I guess I had a good dentist. Or at least one that knew how to use drugs and a medical plan that allowed it.
      Last edited by GeckoGeek; January 30, 2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake's Ohana View Post
        Been there down that with the kidney stones...not a very good feeling. To some kidney stone sufferers, the pain is so unbearable that it is often described as more wrenching than giving birth w/o an epidural.

Also did the gall stone attacks. IMO, this pain was more traumatic than the kidney stones. This of course, lead me to have surgery where I had my gall bladder removed. If things couldn't get any worse, post-surgery, I required a catheter due to anesthesia side effects.
        I know exactly what you went through - I had my gall bladder removed and was also forced to utilize a catheter. It was such a great RELIEF when the catheter was FINALLY PULLED!!!

Prior to that, I had acute pancreatitis. The pain then, although probably nowhere close to childbirth, was INTENSE! Damn near killed me!

Comment

Anaphylactic shock.
          "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

One word...adenomyosis. TMI for the guys! I'll take childbirth anyday over adenomyosis!

Oh, and one time I had an infection that led to a root canal. I have a great dentist so the root canal was no problem. But...that infection, because I can't take antibiotics, brought me to my knees.

I never cried during labor and delivery. Can't say the same for adenomyosis and the tooth infection!

Comment

I had some pre-cancerous lesions on my cervix, and the doctor treated them by freezing them with the CO2 and then treating them with a topical cream that was also used for chemotherapy. When the melting began, the cream dripped and caused third degree burns in my birthing canal. It was horrible. I called my friend, a nurse at Kaiser, and she brought me a catheter so that I could use the bathroom, which I hadn't done for close to 24 hours, for fear of the pain.

A few years laster I was relieved to see I could get pregnant! I lost the first three and that's a pain in the heart and soul.

Natural childbirth hurt, quite a bit. No epidurals. But the pain is over rather quickly. I rather be alert right after birth, so I said no to drugs. I also said no to a third. Twice is nice, girls are fine.

Caffeine withdrawal kicks me in the head, cold sweats, excrutiating headaches, nausea. I'm hopeful I don't have to go through that again. I was enjoying Diet Vanilla Coke while still nursing Kid 2, and I had to wean myself off it. She had no plans for weaning and it made her bounce off the walls!

more than ya wanted to know.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I have to say having seen the relief an epidural provides first hand, twice, that I don't understand why any woman would forego one. There was no psychoactive component. Is it some hippy type of thing I don't grasp? Wanna be natural? Rattlesnake venom is natural.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I have to say having seen the relief an epidural provides first hand, twice, that I don't understand why any woman would forego one. There was no psychoactive component. Is it some hippy type of thing I don't grasp? Wanna be natural? Rattlesnake venom is natural.
                  SSSsssssssss Go bite yourself!heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's not a hippie thing....but yes, you don't grasp it!

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                      It's not a hippie thing....but yes, you don't grasp it!
                      Please enlighten me.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Because when a woman gives birth her personality is magnified. In my case, I gave noone permission to control my birth. I'm the animal. It's my party. I moved, rocked, writhed, squatted up, did what I needed and what was right for each birth. And fortunately for me my drs and nurses all understood that, for I am sure that as they have dealt with many women with low thresholds for pain, so have they dealt with feral women like me.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                          Because when a woman gives birth her personality is magnified. In my case, I gave noone permission to control my birth. I'm the animal. It's my party. I moved, rocked, writhed, squatted up, did what I needed and what was right for each birth. And fortunately for me my drs and nurses all understood that, for I am sure that as they have dealt with many women with low thresholds for pain, so have they dealt with feral women like me.
                          When my wife had her first many years ago without an epidural she socked a nurse trying to take blood and gave her a black eye. I guess I haven't had much to do with feral women. I go more for the Brazilian waxing sort.

Comment

When my wife had her first many years ago without an epidural she socked a nurse trying to take blood and gave her a black eye. I guess I haven't had much to do with feral women. I go more for the Brazilian waxing sort.
                            Feral ≉ drama.

pax

Comment

the births of my children are probly in the top of the list cause like many I DO NOT like needles in or around my spine.

the latest painful experience tho hass got be a bartholins cyst... its a cyst that forms in the bartholins gland inside the labia.... NOT fun like any cyst it gets inflamed an swells.... going to the dr early in the day proved no results since it wasnt swelled enough... over the course of the day it swelled 3 times its size from earlier an I ended up in the ER where it was lanced an excavated an the cyst removed ... with no anethesia.... OOOOWWWWWIIIEEEE
                              Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

You win, K-Girl.

I would be rubbing my nani in sympathy, but this might have unintended consequences, all things considered.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X