This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!

Can I bring in a few SPONSORS from Chinatown? LOL You talking to Auntie Lynn of Chinatown! My MAMA use to own many bussinesses in Chinatown. I go there now on First Fridays to do my own version of revue. I go there every morning to do my daily reports for my blog about the drugs and illegal activites! Click under my signiture. I'm also a Christian. By the way, I do sing.

Another thing, 1st wahine is used because I promoted professional boxing in hawai'i...1stwahine!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; September 6, 2005, 09:08 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

and we're all one big happy Ohana again!!!! I love this board
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

*Wanders back into the thread*

*Trips over a stake*

Someone tell the Boss to clean up the craft supplies eh? Someone could put out an eye with the things....

~mutter~

~mutter~

~mutter~

*looks around*

*runs*

Comment

Hey Tiny, I'm looking forward to the new K-Hui website. When is it coming out?

You did well on the morning show today despite the technical glitches.

Comment

Thanks for the support "Islands." Unfortunately, there is no website for now. Maybe in the future. I figure you can get all da scoops right here on the thread... nah. I'll let you know if something comes up.

Okay gang... I read the tribute thread to Bob Denver... and I too felt sad by the news. I played the theme song on K-HUI this morning when I talked about his passing.

While listening to the song... I had an idea to write a parody for you guys here on this thread. It was inspired by 1st Wahine's love for singing. So sing along and enjoy. Keep in mind it's just for fun and I couldn't include eveyone... and these names matched best with the original theme... enjoy:

LikaNui’s Thread
            (sung to the theme of Gilligan’s Island)

Just sit right back and you’ll read a thread
            A thread that’ll make you sick
            Cause Tiny is the nicest guy
            Despite his TV shtick

On line was smarty media guy
            Watanabe he was sure
            Opinions from the others went
            For a 3-or-more day tour (a 3-or-more day tour)

The thread emailed passing back n’ forth
            With chatting getting rough
            And the rest of the crew started jumping in
            Tiny had enough (Tiny had enough)

The words were written on several lists
            From the tube to the radio dial
            With Aunty Lynn
            The Scrivener too
            Glen Miyashiro… and Pomai
            A Maaaa-dAzza
            The Palolo Joe & Cezanne
            Here on LikaNui’s Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani

LikaNui’s Thread

Despite his TV shtick

Watanabe he was sure

With Aunty Lynn
              The Scrivener too
              A Maaaa-dAzza
              The Palolo Joe & Cezanne
              Here on LikaNui’s Thread
              I think this is a first, a song parody for a message board and its characters. Certainly a first in these parts. I like it. Tell us when the CD comes out.
              Last edited by mel; September 7, 2005, 08:06 PM.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Write On! I'll sing it anytime Mr. Tadani. By the way, I wasn't joking about getting SPONSORS. I can get sponsors not only from Chinatown.

Auntie Lynn

God Bless
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Keep in mind it's just for fun and I couldn't include eveyone... and these names matched best with the original theme... enjoy:

LikaNui’s Thread
                  Brah, first you wanted everyone to boycott me, but now I've got my very own song?!?! YeeHAW! Get Uncle Willie K to sing it and it's WINNAHS. Good job, Tiny.

And hey Ryan, Helen, Mel, whoevahs: I get bonus reputation points for inspiring one song or wot?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Okay gang... I read the tribute thread to Bob Denver... and I too felt sad by the news. I played the theme song on K-HUI this morning when I talked about his passing.
                    Hopefully nobody watched that awful Gilligan take-off reality show that aired a few months ago, but in case you did, didja catch the theme song? The remake of the original, by hip-hop artist Bone Crusher. (Dunno. Never heard of him.) But the song is pretty darned good. Go to http://tbs.com/stories/story/0,,50590,00.html and click on the box for the song. Crank up your speakers.
                    Tiny, can ya get the rights to play that on KHUI?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                      And hey Ryan, Helen, Mel, whoevahs: I get bonus reputation points for inspiring one song or wot?
                      I think you have to become a so-called "post whore" as someone else coined it. But hey, maybe I can click on the scale thing to move you to another green square or something.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

LikaNui’s Thread

Despite his TV shtick

Watanabe he was sure

With Aunty Lynn
                        The Scrivener too
                        A Maaaa-dAzza
                        The Palolo Joe & Cezanne
                        Here on LikaNui’s Thread

Not too bad for a parody fisking. Weird Al's not gonna be job hunting anytime soon and 'twas a tad snarky, but considering it's a response to being flamed, not bad a'tall....

Welcome to the Jungle

Oh yeah...skoolz in!

LAW OF THE FORUMS
                        (a parody fisking of 'The Law of the Jungle' by Rudyard Kipling)

NOW This be the Law of the Forums - as old and as true as ARPAnet;
                        And the Forum-Runner that will keep it may prosper, but the Runner who would break it must sweat:

As the router that channels the bandwidth The Threads runneth forward and back --
                        For the strength of a site is the member, choose wisely who runs in your pack.

Scan daily the threads that are posted; read deeply, note those who bray;
                        And remember on-topic is for knowing, and forget not thread drift is for play.

The Weasel may shadow the Wolf, but cub when thy new fangs are grown:
                        Be minded Forum-Wolves are hunters -- go forth and make fisks of thy own.

Keep peace with the Lords of the Forums ~ the Admin, the Editor, and Mod,
                        And trouble not the wraiths from Legal, and cause not the Site Owner to maraud.

When 'wolf meets with 'wolf in the forums, and neither will move from the fray --
                        Lay low til the big dogs are sated - let not it be your hide they flay!

When ye challenge within open Forums, ye must duel by wit in your game --
                        And if the vulgar take part in the quarrel, their crudities count not to your name.

The Thread of a 'Wolf is his refuge, it is where he's relaxed and is known
                        You may bait him there at your peril; he may choose not to flame you alone.

The Thread of a 'Wolf is his refuge, but when he has dragged it to shame
                        The Admins may send him a message, mend attitudes or be accepting of blame.

If ye rant well past midnight or weekends, fret not at the lack of response --
                        The readers will come on the 'morrow, and post to the depth of your wants.

Ye may post for yourself, and your fisks, and to flame as your need, and to tease
                        But post not to the bait-call of Weasles, and seven times never to appease.

If ye chastize unto toast one who's weaker, leave them with Face to abide
                        Pack flame is the Flame of the Weasel: you cannot join lynchings with pride.

A Creation is Meat of its Maker. If unsure of its provenance, leave it to the 'Net where it lies!
                        And No One may make warez of that creation the plagerist that doeth so fries.

The Creation of the Maker is owned by the Maker pay or free, of it he may do what he will
                        If unsure of the given Permissions, ask; make use of links for reference until.

Dumb-right is the right of the Newbie ~ from all of the forums they may claim
                        The right for the seeking of knowledge, and none may deny them the same.

Post-right is the right of the Member ~ from all of the forums they claim
                        Respect as respect it is given; but chastize if they post with disdain

Site-right is the right of the Owner ~ to do best as befits his domain
                        His site prospers or fails by his crews tasking; he is judged by merits his site can attain.

Because he posesseth the Magical Button; until removed by the Site Owner's claw,
                        In all that the Law leaveth open, the Word of the Admin is Law.

Now these are the Laws of the Forums; and even unstated hold sway;
                        As for every Law there are exceptions...

but unless you are one --

Obey!

Comment

Never heard of this "Law of the Jungle" song. I'm sure it is not as memorable as "Gilligan's Island." Mention that TV show and you can almost hear that song come immediately to mind. So Tiny's parody may be bad, but at least its adaptable to a popular, easy to remember melody.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                            Never heard of this "Law of the Jungle" song. I'm sure it is not as memorable as "Gilligan's Island." Mention that TV show and you can almost hear that song come immediately to mind. So Tiny's parody may be bad, but at least its adaptable to a popular, easy to remember melody.
                            'The Law of the Jungle' isn't a song, it's from the second 'Jungle Book' by Rudyard Kipling.....could be at's why they ain't no melody ina?

And I said that Tiny's parody wasn't too bad...as in 'pretty good' albeit in the form of a return volley.

One does come to realize after a bit that forum reality (whatever that may be) has a kind of law unto itself not unlike the 'Law of the Jungle' where there are the lone wolves, the pack and pride where one cares for the other, the gore crows and the ravaging mauraders...the fittest survive to post on the morrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mel

So Tiny's parody may be bad
                              I don't mind saying that I kind of liked it, myself.

Whatever Tiny may be, he's at least got a great sense of humor.

Comment

Oh yeah...almost forgot one!!

Moonbats

They're the ones who post things that just make you go 'Huh???' Like the folks who believe Elvis is living with the aliens out in space somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X