Name That Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name That Food

What is the name of the elongated version of a bismark? Kanemitsu Bakery on Moloka'i and Komoda Bakery on Maui both make very onolicious versions!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

This food started out red, is currently brown and has been in the back of Manoa's fridge since the HT picnic.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        This food started out red, is currently brown and has been in the back of Manoa's fridge since the HT picnic.
        Can of leftover petrified tomato sauce
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          What is the name of the elongated version of a bismark? Kanemitsu Bakery on Moloka'i and Komoda Bakery on Maui both make very onolicious versions!
          Long John

What foreign bakery chain recently opened on Oahu that's famous for their "Choux Creme"?
          Last edited by Pomai; May 14, 2006, 03:28 PM. Reason: removed obvious clue, but I see Lavagal beat me to it :-)
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
            Long John

What foreign bakery chain recently opened on Oahu that's famous for their cream puffs?
            Beard Papa's . Dangerous. Green tea or bust.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Another one: name the confectionary bar that is produced locally in the following flavors: Chocolate, Macadamia Nuts, Chewy Banana; Chocolate, Kona Coffee, Caramel; White Chocolate,Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Crunch (my favorite!);Milk Chocolate, Hawaiian Macadamia Nut; Chocolate, Maui's Kaanapali Estate Coffee, Toffee; Chocolate, Hawaiian Coconut; and Kava Chocolate Bar? It is only distributed in Hawai'i (but can be ordered via mailorder and shipped anywhere) and is most easily found in places like Hilo Hattie, ABC Store, etc.

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; May 14, 2006, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Can of leftover petrified tomato sauce
                Right you are! Hey, Manoa...send it to Miulang as her prize!

Comment

Regarding Miulang's last question..
                  http://www.mauiwowwee.com/candy.html

This product is made in a little bakery on Oahu's north shore. It's sold in supermarkets all over Oahu and comes in several exotic flavors such as Macadamia Nut and Haupia.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Regarding Miulang's last question..
                    http://www.mauiwowwee.com/candy.html

This product is made in a little bakery on Oahu's north shore. It's sold in supermarkets all over Oahu and comes in several exotic flavors such as Macadamia Nut and Haupia.
                    Pies from Ted's Bakery?

Miulang

P.S. Still looking for the name of an elongated bismark. Another hint: another name for a kind of undergarment.
                    Last edited by Miulang; May 14, 2006, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Long John
                      Correct!

Comment

Which local dish requires pork with lots of fat on it, and taro that is very hard to find anywhere but in Hawai'i restaurants?

Miulang

Comment

Ted's Bakery is correct.

Your last question sounds like Lau Lau, but the difficulty of finding the taro you mention makes me think otherwise.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Ted's Bakery is correct.

Your last question sounds like Lau Lau, but the difficulty of finding the taro you mention makes me think otherwise.
                            No, it's not laulau. Believe it or not, I can get laulaus up here, but I can't seem to find places that serve this other succulent dish up here! I've seen recipes for this dish that say to use potatoes as a taro replacement, but it just wouldn't taste the same...Another hint: red bean curd is another ingredient.

Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; May 14, 2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

No, it's not laulau. Believe it or not, I can get laulaus up here, but I can't seem to find places that serve this other succulent dish up here! I've seen recipes for this dish that say to use potatoes as a taro replacement, but it just wouldn't taste the same...Another hint: red bean curd is another ingredient.

Miulang
                              You must be talking about my favorite dish...Kau Yuk and taro! But I don't know what the official name is though.

Comment

Originally posted by wowlaulau
                                You must be talking about my favorite dish...Kau Yuk and taro! But I don't know what the official name is though.
                                Good going, wowlaulau!

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X