Five Years after 9/11/01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Five Years after 9/11/01

After watching Keith O. rant on, read this dissection of his questionable literary skills and flawed thought processes by law professor blogger, Ann Althouse.
    "Now, class the lesson for today is alliteration. He's really trying hard to write well. Earlier in this peroration, he was quoting the Gettysburg Address, and it's easy to tell he thinks he's bringing us elevated text."
    She wraps up with this choice bit,
    "Should we forgive Olbermann for using the World Trade Center site as a backdrop and a metaphor for his (atrociously written) political speech?"
    Read the post.

Comment

So...the President can use the empty WTC site for photo ops, but journalists cannot?

This would be the same Ann Althouse of whom it has been said: "When they have to stoop to insults, it's probably all they have left for their attacks."

Comment

This opening schtick from Jon Stewart on the Daily Show was taped on Sept. 20, 2001, but I never saw it when it first aired. To see it now, and to remember what has happened since then, really makes me very sad. Usually Jon Stewart is glib and funny, but for this piece, it appears his sentiments were totally unrehearsed and from the heart.

What's sadder is that many of the firefighters, policemen and civilians who were working in the ruins or working near the site are now starting to come down with terminal illnesses like mesothelioma and other respiratory diseases which appear to be caused by inhaling asbestos and dust from the ruins. Congress needs to set up a fund to help the survivors and workers with the tremendous medical expenses these brave people will have to pay, just because they did what Americans know best to do...help others.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          So...the President can use the empty WTC site for photo ops, but journalists cannot?
          As far as I could tell KO wasn't using the site for a photo op but as a backdrop and metaphor for a tendentious Bush attack. If KO weren't so much like Bill O'Reilly (except for ratings and viewpoint of course), I might take him a bit more seriously.

This would be the same Ann Althouse of whom it has been said: "When they have to stoop to insults, it's probably all they have left for their attacks."
          I'm not sure whom you are quoting regarding Prof. Althouse. Personally, I like her blog and enjoy her writing.

Comment

Will be many more deaths caused by those hellish people who could perpetrate such evil. You gotta know the cleanup was just dirty dirty dirty.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Yeeehaaa!! Black and Gold is waving.....Aloha Everyone!!!!

Auntie Lynn Future Governor of Hawai'i!!! j/k

Remember?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Made you laugh!!!

You Got My Vote!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• ? topical to, relevant to "Five Years after 9/11/01"?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                Waioli... what I think is.... your last two remarks should be put in a different thread...

This was thread was set up by me for others to remember and reflect what HT users were doing 5 years ago.

Please try to keep it to this.
                No offense intended, but really it seems that a thread's title (such as, "Five Years after 9/11/01) and a thread's location (in this case " The American Asylum") in HT forum should be what sets the parameters of legimate discussion. Perhaps some objective admin input could set us straight.

Instead of my starting a new thread so I can address since no one else has our fellow member hawaiidreamin's misinformation, I'll risk some admin rebuke here or private channel:
                hawaiidreamin --"I could go off on why I think Dubya is a liar and murderer and used 9/11 as a battle cry and a reason to take away people's civil rights but I won't. Bottom line he is still the President and there is nothing much we can do about it at this point. If we as a nation felt strongly enough to have the election recalled ... "--
                w.kai -' A Federal, a US Central Government electee recalled ? Have you got a SINGLE example? '-
                hawaiidreamin --" What would you call the Gov't recall election that gave us The Terminator as the Gov of Cali? "--

I would call the State of California's recall election a state election, not a federal election. Arnold is not a federal representative, albeit he surely represents US of the U.S., more than he represents the U.S.
                Last edited by waioli kai; September 13, 2006, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Re: "This Hole in the Ground"

Originally posted by Miulang
                  P.S. Here is a picture of the President and the First Lady standing on a symbol of the American flag that's embedded into a memorial carpet commemorating 9/11.

hah hah miulang, you're pathetic. You're really grasping for anything now. I'm sure you really really are offended by someone defacing the flag. A good liberal like you cares about the flag?

It doesn't look like a "memorial carpet" to me. It looks like a DOOR MAT thrown on the sidewalk. It also looks likes it might have been photoshoped.

Either way my question is what dummy decided to make a door mat with a flag and 9-11 on it?

Is this really the best you can do to bring down the president?
                  Last edited by kamuelakea; September 13, 2006, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Keith Olbermann's commentary on 9/11, why the WTC Memorial still isn't built in NYC and what the President and his cronies have done to this country. (about 8 minutes long). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1vLDK_gQYMiulang
                    I thought New York City was in charge of rebuilding the WTCs? Why is it the Executive Branch that now must be responsible for memorial construction projects? Not New Your City?, not New York State?, not Congress?

IT'S GEORGE BUSHES FAULT!

Once again Muilang, your irrational hatred is making you look petty and childish.

Comment

This opening schtick from Jon Stewart on the Daily Show was taped on Sept. 20, 2001, Miulang

I turned it off after the first sentence when he referred to the intentional murder of over 3000 innocent men women and children as a "tragedy".

A "tragedy" is a Greek play. This was mass murder committed by Muslim Terrorists, not a "tragedy".

Jon Stewart is another liberal fool sticking his head in the sand regarding Islam. Luckily I don't have cable.

Comment

Actually, I watched a little more. To me Jon Stewart is struggling with his liberalness. He is realizing that all of the absolute evil that his world view denies really exists. Humanity is not always liberal and civil.

He isn't struggling with an attack on the U.S. or with the death of human beings or the destruction of buildings, he is struggling with the death of his world view.

That's what I see when I watch him whimper away.
                        Last edited by kamuelakea; September 13, 2006, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                          Either way my question is what dummy decided to make a door mat with a flag and 9-11 on it?
                          It is a genuine picture. Funny how a flag-waving President would forget that ALL symbols of the American flag should be treated with respect. The pictures were shot as the President stood in front of a memorial wall in the Ladder Station 10, which is RIGHT ACROSS FROM THE SITE OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. The firefighters were the ones who had that "doormat" created in honor of the victims of 9/11.

Some of the men from this company gave their lives to try to save people from the 2 towers as they collapsed. Some of them now suffer from life threatening illnesses because they didn't think of their safety first...all they cared about was trying to save lives. Their lungs are now filled with asbestos and other contaminants from those buildings. This is not how we should repay our heroes. Congress and not the State of NY needs to help these people with their medical bills.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

It is a genuine picture. Funny how a flag-waving President would forget that ALL symbols of the American flag should be treated with respect. The pictures were shot as the President stood in front of a memorial wall in the Ladder Station 10, which is RIGHT ACROSS FROM THE SITE OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. The firefighters were the ones who had that "doormat" created in honor of the victims of 9/11.

Some of the men from this company gave their lives to try to save people from the 2 towers as they collapsed. Some of them now suffer from life threatening illnesses because they didn't think of their safety first...all they cared about was trying to save lives. Their lungs are now filled with asbestos and other contaminants from those buildings. This is not how we should repay our heroes. Congress and not the State of NY needs to help these people with their medical bills.

Miulang
                            It's a doormat Miulang. Stop crying. Get yourself together. Its got that little rubber border to it. They sell them at Costco without the flag.

Its a doormat.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
                              It's a doormat Miulang. Stop crying. Get yourself together. Its got that little rubber border to it. They sell them at Costco without the flag.

Its a doormat.
                              And you think the firefighters and other aid workers now dying from mesothelioma are a joke too, don't you? I had a friend who died from mesothelioma. You literally choke to death. It's not a fun way to die.

Comment

It's real simple. You perceive the United States as the good guys, or the bad guys. And if the US is the bad guys, in your eyes, then you probably justify the terror.

Pretty sickening imho.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X