Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Five Years after 9/11/01

Originally posted by kamuelakea
    I completely agree with you manoasurfer123. I've met more dummys from ivy league schools than anywhere else. And the smartest people I know went to public schools or were home schooled.

Hugs.
    I went to McKinley...das dat count? hahahaha

HT is back up!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      I have a sister who just served time in the National Guard over in Iraq... she took a substantial paycut to go there... from a position that used her brains instead of her body as a shield for America.

And everyone jump on Manoa here... those that voted for Bush...that is your choice...
      Your sister, or sister in law, is honored and revered by me. Saving western civilization is far more important to me than whatever "intellectual" pursuit her job might have provided.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        I went to McKinley...das dat count? hahahaha

HT is back up!

Auntie Lynn

Go Tigers! More leaders of modern Hawaii than any other high school, public or private.

Auntie Lynn another Tiger leader.

Aloha Auntie.

Comment

Go Tigers! More leaders of modern Hawaii than any other high school, public or private.

Auntie Lynn another Tiger leader.

Aloha Auntie.
          Yeeehaaa!! Black and Gold is waving.....Aloha Everyone!!!!

Auntie Lynn Future Governor of Hawai'i!!! j/k

Remember?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Made you laugh!!!
          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 11, 2006, 08:11 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The electoral system exists to protect small states like Hawaii. I support it completely. Bush WON the electoral vote. That is the only vote that selects our presidents. Popular vote for president is irrelevant.

So why did his Yale and Harvard profs pass him?
            How does money make you fly a fighter jet?
            And candidates who spent more money have lost elections many many times so that's not the only explanation.

Your arguement is still full of holes and sinking.
            Manoa already covered the college argument. He also led a college style partying lifestyle(after college) as an alcohol and coke abuser...does that count for anything?

Keep drinking that right wing Kool Aid. Bush is great, he cares about people...he did a bang up job with Katrina, only 5 days late...and...so what if he can't pronounce the word nuke-u-lar ? He went to college, so he must be smart.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

http://www.revver.com/view.php?id=59686
              Watch how Americans responded.

Compare to how Arabs responded.
              http://www.memrifilms.org/

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                I'll watch THAT if you watch THIS
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zUht6cLkMc

Sorry, GW Bush is E V I L, inept, can't speak the language as well as you or I, and pretty much everything else MOBY said about him

I was behind him after 9-11, until he started using it as an excuse to pursue his own interests, lie, and give all his friends huge contracts to make millions. On top of all that, he is so SMUG it's infuriating. He is the worst president of the history of the United States.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...e/1227842.html

Maybe Popular Mechanics is a right wing conspiracy group but that would be news to me.

They have debunked all of your silly drivel.

To be ignorant is one thing. I can excuse that. But to continue to exploit the murder of over 3000 innocent men, women and children with offensive conspiracy crap makes you evil, not GW.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                  Manoa already covered the college argument. He also led a college style partying lifestyle(after college) as an alcohol and coke abuser...does that count for anything?

Keep drinking that right wing Kool Aid. Bush is great, he cares about people...he did a bang up job with Katrina, only 5 days late...and...so what if he can't pronounce the word nuke-u-lar ? He went to college, so he must be smart.
                  whoa brah... please correct yourself

Manoa's never done coke (well I drank it a few times... ) and yeah... I partied and drank alcohol...

Please make sure you know what your talking about before telling HT that I have done coke before (misleading people with right wing cool aid comments does not justify you calling me a coke user! EVER!...unless you talking about coca cola!
                  Last edited by damontucker; September 11, 2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

http://www.revver.com/view.php?id=59686
                    Watch how Americans responded.

Compare to how Arabs responded.
                    http://www.memrifilms.org/
                    So, what, you don't think I think this was a tragedy ? I had a friend in those towers who died, I'm from NY, you don't have to convince me of how horrendous this was, believe me.

We're I've seen lots of footage on both sides...I'm just not sure our president is actaully acting in yours or my best interest...and even worse, I just don't believe the guy.... thats what I thought we were going on about.

Comment

[...]Please make sure you know what your talking about before telling HT that I have done coke before (misleading people with right wing cool aid comments does not justify you calling me a coke user! EVER!...unless you talking about coca cola!
                      I had to read Tikiyaki's post a couple of times before I realized that "he" referred to GWB, not you, Manoa! Can see how you got that impression, tho'!

Comment

How does money make you fly a fighter jet?
                        I can’t for the life of me figure out why you keep bringing this up, but since you are apparently very proud of this so-called feather in Dubya’s cap, let’s lay ALL the facts on the table.

George W. Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard in May 1968, coincidentally, the same time thousands were being killed in the Vietnam War. Like you also have pointed out, Dubya had already graduated from Yale, meaning he couldn't use college as an excuse to dodge the draft.

In 1972, he was curiously discharged for failing to take a physical (in my mind this is worse than failing a physical), even though he signed up for a 6-year commitment.

It is documented common knowledge that Dubya wanted to be discharged in order to work on a campaign in Alabama, which he did.

Needless to say, the waiting list to get into the Guard in May of ’68 was extremely long. Along with Dubya all of these men served in this special unit that Dubya somehow was able to get into, despite posting just the minimum aptitude score: Democratic Governor John Connally, Democratic Senator and future Vice-Presidential nominee Lloyd Bentsen, and Republican Senator John Tower, as well as seven members of the Dallas Cowboys professional football club, and a man named James R. Bath, who would become a longtime friend of Bush’s (his relationship I believe is documented in Farenheit 9/11).

What a co-inky-dink. I guess Bush is just one lucky duck who somehow gets away with leaving a non-combat unit of the armed forces early for something that was basically his fault? Man, I wish I had that kind of “luck.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          I had to read Tikiyaki's post a couple of times before I realized that "he" referred to GWB, not you, Manoa! Can see how you got that impression, tho'!

No, I like Manoa...I don't think I've directed any hostility towards him. I hope he don't think so. :-)

Comment

whoa brah... please correct yourself

Manoa's never done coke (well I drank it a few times... ) and yeah... I partied and drank alcohol...

Please make sure you know what your talking about before telling HT that I have done coke before (misleading people with right wing cool aid comments does not justify you calling me a coke user! EVER!...unless you talking about coca cola!
                            Oh, Damn...I just read this...NO...I'm talkin about GW Bush, not YOU !!!

Sorry, I should have worded that differently bro'. Many apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                              I can’t for the life of me figure out why you keep bringing this up, but since you are apparently very proud of this so-called feather in Dubya’s cap, let’s lay ALL the facts on the table.

George W. Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard in May 1968, coincidentally, the same time thousands were being killed in the Vietnam War. Like you also have pointed out, Dubya had already graduated from Yale, meaning he couldn't use college as an excuse to dodge the draft.

In 1972, he was curiously discharged for failing to take a physical (in my mind this is worse than failing a physical), even though he signed up for a 6-year commitment.

It is documented common knowledge that Dubya wanted to be discharged in order to work on a campaign in Alabama, which he did.

Needless to say, the waiting list to get into the Guard in May of ’68 was extremely long. Along with Dubya all of these men served in this special unit that Dubya somehow was able to get into, despite posting just the minimum aptitude score: Democratic Governor John Connally, Democratic Senator and future Vice-Presidential nominee Lloyd Bentsen, and Republican Senator John Tower, as well as seven members of the Dallas Cowboys professional football club, and a man named James R. Bath, who would become a longtime friend of Bush’s (his relationship I believe is documented in Farenheit 9/11).

What a co-inky-dink. I guess Bush is just one lucky duck who somehow gets away with leaving a non-combat unit of the armed forces early for something that was basically his fault? Man, I wish I had that kind of “luck.”
                              TuNnL...Thanx for posting the facts. I knew he managed to get out of fighting in Vietnam, I just forgot the story as to why.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                                My point has been clear. It is NOTto argue that GW is a saint or the greatest US President that has ever served.

GW was an alcoholic, probably used cocaine, probably had Daddy get him into the National Guard as a way to avoid the Vietnam War, and probably got out for uncommon reasons. All probably true by what I've seen over the years.

But my only point has been that GW is NOT the incompetent fool his opponents make him out to be.

Funny, but another president smoked marijuana, dodged the draft and was proud of it, and is a narcissistic sexaholic.

But to you and your type, he is a MENSA genius.

Why the difference in conclusions?

Comment

Working...
                                X