Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Five Years after 9/11/01

Originally posted by kamuelakea
    I have found myself questioning GW many times wondering the same thing. On September 11th, 2001, I remember clearly thinking, "Oh No, this guy is in over his head, we are in deep trouble." But when I really evaluate his life, I am amazed at his accomplishments. I think he has been the ultimate politician in many ways. Portraying himself as weak so that his opponents underestimate him and get smothered. Very sneaky Asian (and others) war tactic.

The man graduated from Harvard, did you Tunnl.
    The man graduated from Yale Business, did you Tunnl.
    The man flew Air Force Jets, did you Tunnl?
    The man started oil companies, did you Tunnl?
    The man bought a baseball team, did you Tunnl?
    The man was the Governor of Texas, one of the largest states in the union, have you Tunnl?
    The man was elected TWICE the president of the United States, were you Tunnl?

Its an amazing life of accomplishment for someone you and so many believe is an absolute imbecile.

Oh, I know, you're going to say his Daddy did it all for him. I don't buy that. Sure Daddy helped him get started in all of those accomplishments, but you don't complete any of them soley via your Daddy.

Accomplishing any ONE of those tasks above would make most of us feel somewhat successful. GW does um all and is called a fool.

But he is the one laughing because his entire life is littered with opponents who were sure he was an incompetent boob.
    kamuelakea...seriously...he was born competely privileged. And yes, he IS a good politician, that doesn't make him a smart person.
    I have a family member who was an official of the State of Texas during his term as governer there, and used to have to deal with GW personally on issues. I asked him if he is really dumb, or just acting.
    He told me that the guy was born priveleged,and that he is not acting. That is him. He is a POLITICIAN. I won't go into more detail than that, but believe me, I was wondering the same things...how does someone this stupid have all those accomplishments?

Now, the next time he speaks...listen to him. really LISTEN.
    He has NO GRASP of the English Language. I've heard 8th graders speak with more eloquence than our president. Sorry, but you're the one drinking the Kool Aid, not me.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
      kamuelakea...seriously...he was born competely privileged. And yes, he IS a good politician, that doesn't make him a smart person.
      I have a family member who was an official of the State of Texas during his term as governer there, and used to have to deal with GW personally on issues. I asked him if he is really dumb, or just acting.

You may be right. I am not arguing that I know he is smarter than he seems. He often seems like a fool to me too. I cringe when I hear him speak. But I try to go beyond that initial gut reaction. I value what he accomplishes more than his "style". When I look at that, I am amazed.

There are many in Hawaii's government who speak like ignorant uneducated fools, but they aren't. Some of Hawaii's biggest movers and shakers speak like ignorant children, but they aren't stupid. You know what I mean.

I don't know anyone in Texas so I can't provide any evidence to rebutt you. But I was told that it is common Texas culture for millionaire ranchers to act like fools when negotiating business deals because their big city couterparts will underestimate them. Apparently it works very well. That is the explanation I heard for where GW got his style from. True? I don't know.
      Last edited by kamuelakea; September 11, 2006, 06:38 PM.

Comment

You may be right. I am not arguing that I know he is smarter than he seems. He often seems like a fool to me too. I cringe when I hear him speak. But I try to go beyond that initial gut reaction. I value what he accomplishes more than his "style". When I look at that, I am amazed.

There are many in Hawaii's government who speak like ignorant uneducated fools, but they aren't. Some of Hawaii's biggest movers and shakers speak like ignorant children, but they aren't stupid. You know what I mean.

I don't know anyone in Texas so I can't provide any evidence to rebutt you. But I was told that it is common Texas culture for millionaire ranchers to act like fools when negotiating business deals because their big city couterparts will underestimate them. Apparently it works very well. That is the explanation I heard for where GW got his style from. True? I don't know.
        I value what he accomplishes more than his "style". When I look at that, I am amazed.
        I don't think HE accomplished crap! He always has had a team around him...
        Whether it was a maid to wipe and clean his diapers...to a set of speech writers to tell him what to say...

The man is probably still dressed by his wife... no wait... his wifes maid.

Comment

George W. Bush

Eh, He's my children's Commander In Chief.

He's the President of the United States!!!

I respect him as such. Period.

I am an American.

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; September 11, 2006, 08:05 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            George W. Bush

Eh, He's my children's Commader In Chief.

He's the President of the United States!!!

I respect him as such. Period.

I am an American.

Auntie Lynn
            No matter what you think 1stwahine sometimes...I hugs you always...

But I don't like bush...and we will always have our differences...

I will always support our presidents decisions at a time (no matter who is in office...but everyone has a right to withdraw their decision about someone at one time or another.)

I respect him as the commander of our troops... I can't necessarily defend why he put them overseas at this time...

Nuff said before I piss you off!

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
              Amazing how you can dismiss other films as kook movies, yet you put all your faith in the ultraconservative anti-Arab propaganda produced by an 8-year-old Washington D.C. think-tank (MEMRI) tasked with studying a people thousands of years old. Stick to native Hawaiian issues, kamuelakea. You obviously have no clue what’s going on in the international arena. Here’s an article you should read that questions the agenda of MEMRI and its founder.

Selective Memri

By the way TuNnL, you probably didn't watch the last segment. In that one, Arabs who act and sound more like civilized human beings are shown denouncing terrorism. So it wasn't a simple one sided hack piece. Watch the entire thing and you might soften your response.

Comment

Tikiyaki, don't you see the problem with this logic? You are calling his Harvard and Yale professors either fools or whores (because they passed him for financial or political reasons). You are calling his National Guard superiors fools or whores. You are calling anyone who did business with him fools or whores. You are calling the people of Texas fools or whores for electing him Governor. And you are calling the majority of the American voters fools or whores for electing him TWICE President.

Don't you see the problem with these assumptions?

I don't think everyone is as stupid as you suggest.

Comment

Auntie.

I respect your children BIG TIME for pretecting our country. But I think GW is leading them unneccesarily into harm's way, and THAT is reprehensible.
                  WHACK WHACKS to him for that.
                  Manoa, I agree with your points...He has Dick Cheney to run the country (into the ground) for him, and daddy got him where he is.

kamuelakea..."Country Dumb" is no way to run a presidency. Now we all look country dumb, and the rest of the world thinks were a dumb country.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    Nuff said before I piss you off!
                    Manoa, Can you come over to Hanai Mom's Hale. I have a terrible itch in my arm. I tink I gotta go to the hosptial. I need you to take a look first.

Hanai Mommy Lynn

Comment

• Re: Five Years after 9/11/01

Auntie.

I respect your children BIG TIME for pretecting our country. But I think GW is leading them unneccesarily into harm's way, and THAT is reprehensible.
                      WHACK WHACKS to him for that.
                      Manoa, I agree with your points...He has Dick Cheney to run the country (into the ground) for him, and daddy got him where he is.

kamuelakea..."Country Dumb" is no way to run a presidency. Now we all look country dumb, and the rest of the world thinks were a dumb country.
                      Tikiyaki, We all have our own opinions and I respect everyones. That's the beauty about living in our country. That's the beauty about being AMERICANS!

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Tikiyaki, don't you see the problem with this logic? You are calling his Harvard and Yale professors either fools or whores (because they passed him for financial or political reasons). You are calling his National Guard superiors fools or whores. You are calling anyone who did business with him fools or whores. You are calling the people of Texas fools or whores for electing him Governor. And you are calling the majority of the American voters fools or whores for electing him TWICE President.

Enough money can buy you lots of things my friend. Maybe texas voted him in, but anough campaign dollars can get you votes.
                        I called NO ONE a whore, so don't misquote me. The people who did business with him made money, so that's why they're on board.
                        The majority of American voters DIDN'T vote him in the first time...remember ? Popular vote was a tie at best, with Gore winning if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          Tikiyaki, We all have our own opinions and I respect everyones. That's the beauty about living in our country. That's the beauty about being AMERICANS!

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
                          I agree wholeheartedly...Love and Aloha right back atcha :-)

Comment

Ok... I bite...
                            I see that you adore anyone with a college education...however, it doesn't matter what "college" you graduate from... college is actually not that tough... I know I could have suceeded at either Yale or Harvard... as I have classmates from my highschool that did attend those schools...and I graduated from highschool with a higher GPA...They had richer parents that could afford to send them there.

What are those kids doing... well one took over his parents farm... the other took over Diehl Ford in Bellingham (ring a bell madazza) 1 is now a public teacher and the other 2 I have lost contact with...

I'm glad you admire someone who graduates from an IVY league school... but that that doesn't make you an educated person.... Sheesh... I know people much smarter then me that never even graduated from Highschool....

I have a sister who just served time in the National Guard over in Iraq... she took a substantial paycut to go there... from a position that used her brains instead of her body as a shield for America. National Guard is valuable... however your seeming to put his time in the guard as such a high and valuable resourse for becoming a president...heck...if that's the case...let's nominate my sister in law.

And everyone jump on Manoa here... those that voted for Bush...that is your choice...

I don't care who people vote for...but when they start putting false things out about mis-represented facts... then I gotta at least add my .02 cents worth...
                            yeah

Comment

Enough money can buy you lots of things my friend. Maybe texas voted him in, but anough campaign dollars can get you votes.
                              I called NO ONE a whore, so don't misquote me. The people who did business with him made money, so that's why they're on board.
                              The majority of American voters DIDN'T vote him in the first time...remember ? Popular vote was a tie at best, with Gore winning if I remember correctly.

The electoral system exists to protect small states like Hawaii. I support it completely. Bush WON the electoral vote. That is the only vote that selects our presidents. Popular vote for president is irrelevant.

So why did his Yale and Harvard profs pass him?
                              How does money make you fly a fighter jet?
                              And candidates who spent more money have lost elections many many times so that's not the only explanation.

Your arguement is still full of holes and sinking.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                                I see that you adore anyone with a college education...however, it doesn't matter what "college" you graduate from... college is actually not that tough... I know I could have suceeded at either Yale or Harvard... as I have classmates from my highschool that did attend those schools...and I graduated from highschool with a higher GPA...They had richer parents that could afford to send them there.

I completely agree with you manoasurfer123. I've met more dummys from ivy league schools than anywhere else. And the smartest people I know went to public schools or were home schooled.

Hugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X