Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Five Years after 9/11/01

Originally posted by kamuelakea
    My point has been clear. It is NOTto argue that GW is a saint or the greatest US President that has ever served.

GW was an alcoholic, probably used cocaine, probably had Daddy get him into the National Guard as a way to avoid the Vietnam War, and probably got out for uncommon reasons. All probably true by what I've seen over the years.

But my only point has been that GW is NOT the incompetent fool his opponents make him out to be.

Funny, but another president smoked marijuana, dodged the draft and was proud of it, and is a narcissistic sexaholic.

But to you and your type, he is a MENSA genius.

Why the difference in conclusions?
    Whoa...before you lump me into a TYPE, let me clarify a few things. I didn't exactly approve of all the stuff Clinton did either, especially lying about having sex with an intern. That was bad, and it made us look silly as a nation for making such a huge deal out of it.
    That being said, his diplomacy with the rest of the world is something notable, can you say the same for GW ? He has managed to turn most of the world against the US with his tough guy, "my way or the highway" crap.

Besides..Clinton didn't inhale ;-)
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Here's an op-ed from an Arab-American apologizing for 9/11.
      WELL, here it is, five years late, but here just the same: an apology from an Arab-American for 9/11. No, I didn't help organize the killers or contribute in any way to their terrible cause. However, I was one of millions of Arab-Americans who did the unspeakable on 9/11: nothing.

The only time I raised my voice in protest against these men who killed thousands of innocents in the name of Allah was behind closed doors, among the safety of friends and family. I did at one point write a very vitriolic essay condemning their actions, but fear of becoming another Salman Rushdie kept me from ever trying to publish it.

Well, I'm sick of saying the truth only in private - that Arabs around the world, including Arab-Americans like myself, need to start holding our own culture accountable for the insane, violent actions that our extremists have perpetrated on the world at large.

Yes, our extremists and our culture.

Every single 9/11 hijacker was Arab and a Muslim. The apologists (including President Bush) tried to reassure us that 9/11 had nothing to do with Islam, but was a twisting of a great and noble religion. With all due respect, read the Koran, Mr. President. There's enough there for someone of extreme tendencies to find their way to a global jihad.

There's also enough there for someone of a different mindset to find a path to enlightenment and peace. Still, Rushdie had it right back in 2001: This does have to do with Islam. A Christian who bombs an abortion clinic in the name of God is still a Christian, at least in his interpretation, and saying otherwise doesn't negate the fact that he has spent a goodly amount of time figuring out his version of the one true and right thing to do.

The men who killed 3,000 of our citizens on 9/11 in all likelihood died saying prayers to Allah, and that by itself is one of the most horrific things to me about that day.
      Read the entire piece

Comment

I could go off on why I think Dubya is a liar and murderer and used 9/11 as a battle cry and a reason to take away people's civil rights but I won't. Bottom line he is still the President and there is nothing much we can do about it at this point. If we as a nation felt strongly enough to have the election recalled it would have-much like the way California was able to get a Gov who was elected with no controversy out of office before their term was up.

Back to the original topic...

I was off of work that day...my then husband had left to go to work. I turned on the TV to check the weather and was greeted by the picture of small cloud of smoke coming out of the first tower-no one knew what was going and thought some pilot of a small plane went off course...as I flipped channels to get some more info, the 2nd plane hit, the angle that that particular channel had all you saw was an explosion come out one side-they then started getting calls and sharing the footage of the other plane as it hit. All Hell broke loose then, I was trying to get my husband on the phone, terrified that he had had gone down to the World Financial center to have breakfast with his former co-workers there like he had done so many times before-could not get thru to him for 15 mins-finally got him & he said that he was still on the bus heading into Manhattan, traffic had stopped and he could see the smoke billowing from the towers and that people were on the bus panicking that had survived the 93' attack. I told him to make the driver stop and let him out so he could head back home and he said he would call me back, just after hanging up with him, the Pentagon got hit...I go thru another 10 mins of trying to reach him to let him know what had happened...he says that as soon as the driver was able he was going to let them off the bus. Meanwhile I am trying to reach people who I know work in or near the towers, can't get them- took 2.5 almost 3 hrs for my husband to get home after I hung up the phone from him and he was only 30 mins away. Did not get in contact with those in the towers until the next day. Thankfully they were ok, some of their co workers were not. Our friends in the World Financial Ceter told us of seeing the planes hit, and desks, papers, chairs and people flying out of the building on the other side, people jumping from the upper floors with their jackets held like a parachute above them hoping to survive. Things that no human being should ever see.
        I watched all the news channels for 2 days straight, every building collapse, rescue effort, press conference I saw- I did not sleep.
        After that and speaking with those who worked on the trains trying to get people out of the tunnels, those who worked in the building trying to get others out, people who lived and worked in that area, those working in the pit gathering what they could, pouring people's dust & remains into buckets, eventually going down to the site, knowing what was there and how many times I had gone thru those buildings, shopped in those stores, rode those trains underneath them, looking at NYC everyday knowing that the skyline is forever altered...I can't even watch another memorial service after the one year anniversary one....it's too, too much for me as I know I will never, ever forget.
        Last edited by hawaiidreamin; September 12, 2006, 06:38 AM.
        Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Tiki, it's not that I don't think you care about 9/11. And I certainly feel sorry for your friend who died, along with 3000 others.

But your hatred is misplaced due to the relentless propaganda emanating from the anti-Bush crowd.

Now I know The Idiot is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. No argument. But he is a president caught in a tough time.

You should be pissed. But the point of your anger should be directed at the perpetrators, not the guy trying to fight the war on terror. Islam is wicked bad. Until you honestly believe that, you will continue to aim your anger in the wrong direction.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
            Tiki, it's not that I don't think you care about 9/11. And I certainly feel sorry for your friend who died, along with 3000 others.

But your hatred is misplaced due to the relentless propaganda emanating from the anti-Bush crowd.

Now I know The Idiot is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. No argument. But he is a president caught in a tough time.

You should be pissed. But the point of your anger should be directed at the perpetrators, not the guy trying to fight the war on terror. Islam is wicked bad. Until you honestly believe that, you will continue to aim your anger in the wrong direction.
            TK, you know I respect your opinion, but your opinion of Islam is based on the same sources I get my info from. For both of us, it's speculation. We just speculate in different ways. And believe me, I am NO FAN of Islam. And propaganda comes from ALL sides. To me, your opinions sound like they're based in propaganda, only from a different set of propaganda.

My problem is that the guy who is "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" is making decisions that are costing alot of American's lives in Iraq right now.
            I just think the leader of this great country should be a smarter person, and I don't think he's the guy for the job. I'm not as pissed as I am embarassed, every time he opens his mouth in a public forum. Sorry, I can't just resign to, "Well he's the idiot in charge now, so I should just agree with him, because he's the president"

I don't think you should either. I love this country, just not who's in charge of it right now. Either way, you rock bro', and we can disagree on this one with I've not one ounce of disrespect for you or anyone else I disagree with in here :-)
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

but your opinion of Islam is based on the same sources I get my info from.

I took the time to read, and study, what is written in the Quran. I also carefully researched which version I read, and chose 2. The SEV (Standard English Version) and the Khalifi version.

So my "opinion" of the Quran, and of Islam, is my own.

It is noteworthy that I was not a Muslim hater after 9/11. But now realize that the source of Evil in this world today is the religion of Islam. I am critical of Bush pussy-footing in the war on terror due to his fear of political correctness, which is primarily driven by people like yourself.

It's ironically similar to the Catholic Inquisition. Almost as if different religions have their moment in the spotlight over the course of history.

But Christianity has evolved past barbarism, at least a little, while Islam has not yet emerged from the Middle Ages. I'm simply a law & order kind of person.

Tiki, answer this. If we leave Islam to do what they will, do you believe the impetus for terror against the infidel will dissipate?
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

A little beauty amidst all the heat. (Photo taken by the friend of a friend.)

Comment

please take a moment to listen to this ....

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=1337067757

Comment

hawaiidreamin --I could go off on why I think Dubya is a liar and murderer and used 9/11 as a battle cry and a reason to take away people's civil rights but I won't. Bottom line he is still the President and there is nothing much we can do about it at this point. If we as a nation felt strongly enough to have the election recalled ..."

A Federal, a US Central Government electee recalled ? Have you got a SINGLE example? I doubt it!

Bush 2 is setting the standard of the absolute LOWEST for a U.S. Presidency of the U.S. peoples. If Bush 2 is not the lowest of the low that the U.S. is to "elect" into the 21st Century CE existence of U.S. Government, then were I religious soul, I would pray that the United States come to its END as soon as possible, ASAP!
                    Last edited by waioli kai; September 12, 2006, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Does anyone think: What IF there is no US Central Government?

Comment

Originally posted by waioli kai
                        Does anyone think: What IF there is no US Central Government?
                        Waioli... what I think is.... your last two remarks should be put in a different thread...

This was thread was set up by me for others to remember and reflect what HT users were doing 5 years ago.

Please try to keep it to this.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          Waioli... what I think is.... your last two remarks should be put in a different thread...

This was thread was set up by me to remember and reflect what HT users were doing 5 years ago.

Please try to keep it to this.
                          I apologize. Your thread. Good mana. etc. Excuse me . I am not not one to begin inspiring and/or good feeling threads. My apologies.

Comment

[QUOTE=waioli kai].
                            hawaiidreamin --I could go off on why I think Dubya is a liar and murderer and used 9/11 as a battle cry and a reason to take away people's civil rights but I won't. Bottom line he is still the President and there is nothing much we can do about it at this point. If we as a nation felt strongly enough to have the election recalled ..."

A Federal, a US Central Government electee recalled ? Have you got a SINGLE example? I doubt it!

What would you call the Gov't recall election that gave us The Terminator as the Gov of Cali?
                            Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

• "This Hole in the Ground"

Keith Olbermann's commentary on 9/11, why the WTC Memorial still isn't built in NYC and what the President and his cronies have done to this country. (about 8 minutes long). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1vLDK_gQY

Miulang

P.S. Here is a picture of the President and the First Lady standing on a symbol of the American flag that's embedded into a memorial carpet commemorating 9/11. A fine, patriotic thing to do, Mr. President! And another one, showing both their feet firmly planted on the flag.The photo op was at Ladder station D across from the WTC in Manhattan, where the Presidential Party stopped to speak with the firefighters who participated in the 911 rescue operations.
                              Last edited by Miulang; September 13, 2006, 01:15 PM.
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

• Re: "This Hole in the Ground"

Originally posted by Miulang
                                Keith Olbermann's commentary on 9/11, why the WTC Memorial still isn't built in NYC and what the President and his cronies have done to this country. (about 8 minutes long).
                                Eight minutes of honesty everyone should hear. Murrow would be proud. Thanks, Miulang.

Comment

Working...
                                X