• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkoff Balk
    replied
    Re: Disappearing establishments

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Personally I hate the Hawaiian Miles card. I missed one payment and got jacked up to 31%.
    That's the HawaiianMiles credit card. I get their e-mail advertisments to apply, which I delete. I'm talking about the HawaiianMiles card that adds mileage with any purchase at Star Market.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

For what it's worth, as soon as Bank of Hawaii started offering a HawaiianMiles card, we cancelled BoA and switched. Payments on time = 12.4 %.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    This is bad news. I shop at this location at least once a week. What's going to happen with Mina Pharmacy located in the store?
    Will there be any supermarket that will continue with the HawaiianMiles card?
    Personally I hate the Hawaiian Miles card. I missed one payment and got jacked up to 31%. I told my wife the interest due every month outweighs the cost of a free ticket. Personally if BoA goes belly up I could care less. Their projected losses were based on these outrageous interest rates.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    Star Market in Mo`ili`ili closes Monday:
    This is bad news. I shop at this location at least once a week. What's going to happen with Mina Pharmacy located in the store?
    Will there be any supermarket that will continue with the HawaiianMiles card?

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Long ago in the 60's Star's vestibule on the right side played movies for the kids to watch. Movies in 16mm films. I watched Donald Duck, Felix the Cat and others there while my mom shopped.

This is one of the reasons why if I ever decided to come back to Oahu, all of my childhood memories would be forever erased. Better to remember those old days and places as they are preserved in my mind. Honolulu's changed so much it ain't what it used to be...my old stomping grounds.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...i+ili+to+close
    I'll always remember playing Kung Fu the arcade game as a wee lad in that Star Market location's vestibule while my parents were on line.

Seriously, it's sad to see choices in local grocery stores decline.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...i+ili+to+close

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

oh that's too bad. The food was okay but it was a nice simple place to have breakfast or lunch and a cup of coffee. Parking was a bitch for that place though. Too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Big Island `Ohana Cafe @ KTA pau:

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...ws/local01.txt

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Oh poop...I loved Huckleberry Farms.
    With the Grab N' Go Deli.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Walgreen's purchase of the strip mall @ the corner of Nu`uanu and School beginning to have an effect:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...l+loses+stores
    Oh poop...I loved Huckleberry Farms.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Walgreen's purchase of the strip mall @ the corner of Nu`uanu and School beginning to have an effect:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...l+loses+stores

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Erika reports this morning that Haili's Hawaiian Foods is re-opening in Kapahulu.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Did I miss this, Eastside Grill, longtime a sports bar/restaurant to hang out before, during and after UH sports is closed?? Also saw tonight Genki Sushi on Kapahulu looked closed as well. If anyone can confirm otherwise, please share your thoughts....

Aj
    see posts #386, 387, 391, 392 and 394 of this same thread.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Did I miss this, Eastside Grill, longtime a sports bar/restaurant to hang out before, during and after UH sports is closed?? Also saw tonight Genki Sushi on Kapahulu looked closed as well. If anyone can confirm otherwise, please share your thoughts....

Aj
    Genki Sushi on Kapahulu is open, I guess the night I went by it was closed for some reason.

Aj

Leave a comment:

Working...
X