This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2

ZZ, I spoiler tagged your excerpt, just in case. I'm surprised Tim Ryan didn't precede the item with a note, actually. Some folks take this stuff pretty seriously -- some even think the "Next week on 'Lost'..." closing-credit promos are spoilers!

Comment

Originally posted by admin
      ZZ, I spoiler tagged your excerpt, just in case. I'm surprised Tim Ryan didn't precede the item with a note, actually. Some folks take this stuff pretty seriously -- some even think the "Next week on 'Lost'..." closing-credit promos are spoilers!
      E kala mai. I hope I didn't spoil anyone's fun. I did it without thinking of the consequences. I will not do that again.
      Blaine
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

The "Lost" team was busy yesterday. A friend reported they were filming in the morning way out here in Mililani, at the Town Center, Matthew Fox in attendance. Then, they took over the Diamond Head end of downtown, filming across from the Hawaii State Library and then commandeering the downtown post office (the one at the end of Richards Street). I know Evangeline Lilly was at the latter shoot... because I talked to her!

Comment

The trucks and trailers were parked along Richards Street all day yesterday.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
            The trucks and trailers were parked along Richards Street all day yesterday.
            Indeed. Not an insignificant detail, that "Lost" actually runs two film units here in Honolulu, not just one. A major network TV series behind an operation that often rivals a feature film in terms of complexity and size. Since "Foxy" and "Evie" were both working yesterday, it sounds like they may actually be working from two separate scripts/episodes right now.

Comment

So like we were at Burt's ByteMarks lunch and wondered where you were... maybe now we know, though I suspect you shot your photos a little later in the day.

I am sure you'll be mentioning this in the next installment of The Transmission..... or maybe you got a quick comment or 2 from some people involved with "Lost"?

I just briefly talked to some guy with a walkie-talkie near one of the trucks. Another guy was eating something in one of the vans. The thing with TV production, you spend probably 90% of the time setting up and waiting, and possibly only 10% of the time shooting. So maybe out of all the set-up yesterday, they got maybe 5, 10 minutes of footage to add into an episode or two.

Certainly a lot of money spent on these things, which the state eventually recoups in some taxes. I think it costs them about $1 million per episode, with a lot of money spent on local labor, catering, etc.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

In fact they were still filming at the Richards Street postoffice last night at 10pm when I visited there.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Lots of filming in Chinatown. First on Maunakea, above Hotel. Then on Smith Street, apparently in the Amy's Place space.

Saw Michelle Rodriguez, traded a few words, took photos... but the scene probably counts as a significant spoiler!

Posted photos in my personal gallery linked above, but I woon't send you straight there. Go look only if you want to know!

Comment

I guess that sort of means that perhaps one of the tail section people is going to have a flashback sequence centered around them?

Comment

http://www.lightfantastic.org/gallery/200510/31lostfilm04

So.... she is a c - - ?!? No wonder she is so bossy.

Good production pictures. You went out of your way to get em?

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      Lots of filming in Chinatown.... but the scene probably counts as a significant spoiler!
                      Yes.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Aahh! Very interesting!!
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          Good production pictures. You went out of your way to get em?
                          Nope. Actually, I didn't even have my camera with me. I was meeting glossyp and my wife (and son) for lunch at Sweet Basil in Chinatown, and the "Lost" filming was happening right across the street. I was so out of it, I didn't realize what all the hubbub was about until glossyp mentioned it at the table. I quickly commandeered her camera and snapped away. (Also nabbed a couple of quick video clips, not yet posted.)

The photos are now linked at "Lost" fan sites everywhere. For spoiler fanatics, glossyp is the unsung hero here!

Comment

Awesome, spoilerfix even linked to your podcast site for credit.
                            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              Vote for HawaiiUP at PodcastAlley.com.
                              New month, new voting round. One quick e-mail confirmation (spam free) and I'll love you forever.
                              I voted for ya! But instead of loving me forever, just give your blushing bride a big hug, k?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

You got it, Lika. Mahalo!

Now, with so many grass-roots, amateur "Lost" podcasts by fans out there, it's perhaps about time that ABC has announced an official podcast for the show, featuring interviews with the cast and insights from the show's creators: "The Official “Lost” Podcast from ABC"

I hope y'all still leave some room on your MP3 players for homegrown fan-created shows like ours, though! If you want to hear more (there are a lot of shows out there), check out The Lost Podcasting Network, where you can get several fan shows in one place.

Two days to the next new episode!

Comment

Working...
                                X