X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
    Well, the other option is to not post anything news-worthy. I'm a big Nancy Kwan fan, and felt that it was appropriate to drop her name here for people to discuss.
    Instead of just dropping her name and a smiley next to it, and hoping someone else will pick up on the discussion, perhaps you could lead off on the discussion without making it seen like I am reading an ad. That's all.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      Instead of just dropping her name and a smiley next to it, and hoping someone else will pick up on the discussion, perhaps you could lead off on the discussion without making it seen like I am reading an ad. That's all.
      This board just got a little more constricted with restrictions and rules of expression and for the life of me, I don't see it your way.

Aside from that, Nancy Kwan was my babe back when I first watched "The World of Suzie Wong". Given that the cheong-som she was wearing increased the testosterone levels...I still remember her that way. She's pushing 70 and I can only think about her as Suzie!

The taping of this episode is will definitely garner wide attention. When I mentioned this at my Kamehameha Lions Club meeting Tuesday night, the "older" members said.."REALLY? What do I need to do to see Nancy Kwan".

I'm soooo looking forward to it.

ER
      http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Supes!

Congratulations on your ascension to the position of Talent Coordinator! Not much longer until you are the guest host.

Is Nancy Kwan the Pearl Cream lady?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
          [...]Is Nancy Kwan the Pearl Cream lady?
          Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
            Supes!

Congratulations on your ascension to the position of Talent Coordinator! Not much longer until you are the guest host.

Is Nancy Kwan the Pearl Cream lady?
            Hey Paul...as soon as I get your skillz, that can be a possibility after i turn 50. OMG.

When you coming back to town? Give me a heads up and I'll put you on the calendar someplace.

...and Yes, NK is the Pearl Cream lady...still lookin' good.
            http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

A friend in L.A. used to hang out with Bernie Pock, Nancy Kwan's son. Back in the 80's I almost had a chance to meet her but it just never happened.

Bernie was doing stunt work at the time, and I used to see his credits every once in a while.

Well, a near-miss to meet a famous person!

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                A friend in L.A. used to hang out with Bernie Pock, Nancy Kwan's son. Back in the 80's I almost had a chance to meet her but it just never happened.

Bernie was doing stunt work at the time, and I used to see his credits every once in a while.

Well, a near-miss to meet a famous person!
                Opportunity arises....4/7 1pm at the Outrigger Main Showroom! I'll email her and get a press photo online soon.

Comment

Long time lurker...first time poster...thanks for the log-in Mel!

I'll start off by saying, much like any program, you'll like it or dislike it on personal tastes - humor, style, etc.

Andy's long ago, early comedy was ground breaking and totally funny! I was also a fan as he worked the standup career on the national scene.

As for this show... Well... I find his material a bit stale. While he also gives off a feeling of trying too hard to make it work. It's almost like that pro ball player who was a real standout in his prime but those days have come and gone, just hanging on.

I'm sure the author of this topic feels different. I respect that. Just offering up another tv viewer's opinion.

At the very least giving more local production jobs isn't a bad thing.

Comment

FWIW, I like tonight's (3/21) episode. My only gripe not enough models, too much Bumatai in robe.

I don't care much for the Letterman-like dreaming sequence.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                      FWIW, I like tonight's (3/21) episode. My only gripe not enough models, too much Bumatai in robe.

I don't care much for the Letterman-like dreaming sequence.
                      Bummer...I liked it...actually got a bunch of close-ups with the girls.

I'm getting you a few girls from the Cherry Blossom Cabaret...they're appearing in our Fate Yanagi segment airing April Fools Day.

FYI...for those that caught tonight's episode...I made my "NightTime" debut. I'm uploading the episode on You Tube as I write. Should be ready by breakfast.

Oh yeah...Thanks to Kimo for gracing the audience...I got a picture of him and the original Fate Yanagi; Gayln Kong Akaka. AND Coach Mack made it to our show...that was cool...and I got the inside connection...WOOHOO!

We're gearing up for Nancy Kwan. I've made an attempt to get Kathryn Lee (Linda Low in the Diamond Head Theatre's production of Flower Drum Song), but she's not able to make it...instead Cathy Foy-Mahi who plays Madame Rita Liang will sing "Grand Station"...which is a song the Nancy Kwan sang in the movie.

April 7th should be a GREAT evening....Pomaikai Keawe Lyman (Aunty Genoa's Granddaughter) and Taimane Gardner will perform in 2 separate shows.

That's not to say that next week won't be all that bad. Paul Unkrur the dream doctor is coming. If you wish to have your dream analyzed, come down to the show and I'll make sure that it gets to the top of the heap.

K-den, nuff for now....Visit the website http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv Wednesday, I should have the updates ready by then.

ER

Comment

Oh Exalted one...how come no updates to your website on NightTime?

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
                          Bummer...I liked it...actually got a bunch of close-ups with the girls.
                          Don't get me wrong. I like girls in lingerie. But the Andy dreaming bit is too blatant a rip-off of Letterman.

I mean, what's next? A local-style Top 10 list?

OBTW, warn me ahead of time if you're featuring half-nekkid men so I won't watch ... but tutusue will.

Comment

[...]OBTW, warn me ahead of time if you're featuring half-nekkid men so I won't watch ... but tutusue will.
                            Depends on which half is nekkid!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Depends on which half is nekkid!
                              Because it's not a cable show, you'll have to settle with the top half.

Comment

Because it's not a cable show, you'll have to settle with the top half.
                                No complaints!

Comment

Working...
                                X